U-Knighted    179

Remember these guys? They were my childhood. I remember getting that blue one with wings and throwing it down the stairs trying to get it to fly. (I was a pretty stupid little kid.)

024.jpg

Apparently they're rebooting it now. Great to see that my childhood is still relevant. Anyway, what do you think of these buildable action figures? Any memories of them? 

Edited by U-Knighted
  • Upvote 2

Chris    1,202

What the heck are Mahri anyways? Do you even Toa Mata?

herp_zpsys3ghmey.png

(sssssh I know I used parts from the Toa Nuva shutup)

I loved these things as a kid. Kopaka was the coolest (huehue because ice powers). I lost interest in about 2004 when I was about 11 years old though. I still have the Mask of Light comic book anthology hidden somewhere.

Although I've moved on from these things, it's good to see LEGO revamping the line for a younger generation (again).  :-)

• Upvote 3

GoldenGhost    2,058

I was all over these babies back in the day, I remember totally freaking out over getting Makuta and Taka Nuva for Christmas one year. I also collected the comic books and the novels for a while, and I remember watching the Mask of Light movie at a friend's house when I was little because my parents thought it would be too scary for me. I think I lost interest around the time the Vohrak(?) were introduced, although I got back into them briefly when I played Bionicle Heroes for the first time. I'm interested to hear they're rebooting it, that's pretty great and I'll have to see what they're doing with it now.

• Upvote 1

U-Knighted    179

I remember when the Piraka were out... They were to coolest thing but I only got one of them.

piraka.jpg(Honestly they're pretty scary for a kid's toy.)

I've been sick recently so I decided to crack out my old bin of LEGOs and build something. I made an attempt at rebuilding the blue Piraka:

Photo_on_9_23_15_at_9_19_AM.jpg

You can go ahead and post some of your favorites as well as some customs if you want.

• Upvote 1

Hazard    394

These were the greatest things as a kid; I forgot which series they were, but I love the 6 guys that all rolled up until ball and could also stand like a little droid (Really similar to transformers, but with bionicle).

Chris    1,202

These were the greatest things as a kid; I forgot which series they were, but I love the 6 guys that all rolled up until ball and could also stand like a little droid (Really similar to transformers, but with bionicle).

You're thinking of the Bohrok:

Those things were cooool. They looked great and even had that crazy head snapping feature. I had the fire and ice ones. Next to the Rahkshi they were probably my favourite villains of the series.

• Upvote 3

Hazard    394

Those things were cooool. They looked great and even had that crazy head snapping feature. I had the fire and ice ones. Next to the Rahkshi they were probably my favourite villains of the series.

That's exactly what I was thinking of!  I loved those guys so much when I was younger, everybody had them. 

U-Knighted    179

You like snapping heads? These guys were the best at it:

8538-1.jpg