Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IMPOSSABLANK

So I Make Levels...

8 posts in this topic

I create levels and stuff on BBT and have fun doing so. I'm pretty good at it (not like 8Bitten though) and I've been fed up with a few other games, so haven't been building as much as I should, but will eventually get back to it. I think I should take a small step forward since I've had these levels in my bio for a while and havent said anything about them.

I felt like making some kind of public creation journal so everyone can see what I'm making if they really are interested. So here's a few pics of my upcoming playlists Selgnirp and KaizoBlock.

post-27007-0-15588500-1443291548_thumb.jpg

-Selgnirp

post-27007-0-92354800-1443291588_thumb.jpg

-KaizoBlock

I would take pictures of the full screen but I only have an ipad to take pics with, and that makes the files way too big to post, so yay...

But yeah. I'll hopefully upload Selgnirp soon, and KaizoBlock will take some time to test and upload. I'll say when I'm done and have uploaded them though :)

Kaizoblock sounds promising, and I have no idea what Selgnirp could be. Have you released any particularly difficult playlists prior to this?

Also, I can't view your attatched .jpg's. Looking forward to seeing the level design!

Kaizoblock sounds promising, and I have no idea what Selgnirp could be. Have you released any particularly difficult playlists prior to this?

Also, I can't view your attatched .jpg's. Looking forward to seeing the level design!

Ive created a few levels before this, most people find my playlist Dead Friend to be difficult :)

note i made these on the xbox version, not the steam version...

Ah, I'll have to give Dead Friend a go then! I also play on XBLA. If you'd like a hand with playtesting, I'd be glad to lend one. =)

Selgnirp = Pringles

The first thing I did when I saw "selgnirp" was I spelled it backwards.

So, why is the playlist about chips?

Selgnirp = Pringles

The first thing I did when I saw "selgnirp" was I spelled it backwards.

So, why is the playlist about chips?

Oh noes! They figured me out! (I like Pringles and I was hungry when I was thinking of the name, chips have nothing to do with the playlist)

KaizoBlock is, as the name suggests, really hard. I'm focusing my attention on making cakes easy on normal mode but really insanely difficult on insane mode, like in the first level there's a cake at the end of the level, to get to it you have to go through a one way passage back to the beginning of the level. The obvious solution to getting back on normal mode is dying and respawning, but insane mode you have to go through the ENTIRE level a second time without dying ONCE. (I have only done it once, and it took a lot of attempts). Not only that, but the level's themselves are significantly harder than a normal hard playlist in BBT, but along with that has some cool ideas since making a level purposely difficult really gives me as a creator no boundrys.

Now just to come up with the ideas and wait for it to get finished :)