megan

Good Bye, Serioustown

20 posts in this topic

New forums pop up when we have a new game or find a new category that we should provide a space for and similarly there are also forums that get removed when there is no longer a need for them. This is not the case for Serioustown.

We understand that Serioustown has been a special place for many of our community members and it has really brought many of you together through healthy discussion and shared experiences. However, through the years we have realized that there are also threads that we're not qualified to provide guidance on and we only have limited resources to suggest. 

Our moderators, bless their passionate hearts, are helping us out on a voluntary basis. They can only do so much to help alleviate any personal issues and put down flames in heated debates on political or social issues. 

If you feel the need to talk to anyone about serious issues going on in your life, we encourage you to seek guidance from forums outside of the Behemoth forums that are specific to your needs. This includes, but is not limited to, suicide counseling, topics that are PG-13 and above, experiences of violence or abuse. Again, we are not qualified to help with these issues but there are a lot of resources on the web or possibly at a local level in your town.

While Serioustown will no longer be a part of our forum community, we hope that you will still participate in other areas of our forum. 

We are removing Serioustown to get back to the root of who we are as a company -- we make games. We also make cool stuff and love to see when our community has made cool stuff. We can't wait to show you more of games and see more of your creativity as well. 

xoxo,

Megan

Goodbye...holder of many good topics.

Edited by AdamBRT

It seemed stupid at first, but I thought again and it actually does seem like it was a really good idea.

R.I.P. Serioustown

And thus, a few more of my locked topics get thrown away in the dust. My name forever getting cleaner as the days go on.

R.I.P. Serioustown

I always thought these forums were a bit "adult" compared to the aim audience of The Behemoth's games. Getting rid of Serioustown makes a lot of sense. We'll miss that forum but I think it'll live on through most of us. I personally learned a lot from it.

Edited by Zytten13

Thanks for understanding, everyone. Again, this was something that was discussed amongst both staff and moderators for some time now. 

But there are still so many forums!! :) Like the ones about our games? lol :P

I'm kinda half-and-half about this, but I can completely understand the reason behind it. One reason I'm kinda unhappy about it being removed is people trusting members enough to feel like they can tell people that they have a confession to make (like the confession thread, which I thought should have been kept, just since people might have stuff they want off their back), or have a serious opinion on something. I imagine I'll be fonder of the choice soon, but good choice, Megan.

serioustown.......   more like seriousvillage. am i right ? 

(i'm sorry)

serioustown.......   more like seriousvillage. am i right ? 

(i'm sorry)

Dislike, I am ashamed that such a joke could even be made.

I never even went into serioustown, it just isn't something that calls to me

I still remember my first post in Serioustown.  It was in the Homosexuality thread:

I shall state my opinion without reading the previous 12 pages of this topic: My mom is a lesbian, and growing up, I have found nothing wrong with it. we had to switch churches since our old one was extremely homophobic, which was really sad. I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to love each other just because they are the same gender. Now, I shall take my leave of Serioustown, since it is far too serious for the likes of me. Have fun, but not too much fun, gotta be serious and what not :P

That was back in May of 2012.  Time has gone by so fast, it seems.  I will admit that I will miss Serioustown quite a lot for many reasons.  It's probably been the sub-forum that meant the most to me, considering the fact that I am an adult and like having adult conversations with my fellow members every now and then.  I do understand why this was done, though, and it is probably for the best.

I was gonna say something when this thread was first made, but my laptop was having some serious issues, so I couldn't. Well, better late than never.

Honestly, while I do understand why Serioustown was removed and I can live peacefully with that (only because I have a boyfriend now), I also feel it was a real good place to ask for help in life when there's no other place, person, or site to run to. Very long story short, Serioustown, along with FNAF and a few other things I can't really say right now, have greatly improved the quality of my life. I'm grateful for everything it did for me while it existed, and may Serioustown rest in peace, :cry: 

I'd like to say Serioustown will be missed. But like two thirds of my warning points came from there. On a forum with a very disparate distribution of age in frequenting members, who first and foremost come here to discuss games, It did feel slightly out of place. Farewell.