• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
U-Knighted

A Handheld Device For Steam Games (Yes, This Is Real.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-first-handheld-steam-machine

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/261528/Worlds_first_handheld_Steam_Machine_lands_on_Kickstarter.php

I need it. I know it runs SteamOS. I know it has low specs. I just need it.

In all seriousness, if I could stream it to the TV and play using the controller it'd be dang brilliant. It'd also be cool if I could use it and my friend could use the steam controller.

post-23999-0-53586300-1449857576_thumb.jpg

Edited by U-Knighted
  • Upvote 1

With a laptop you'd have to carry either a mouse or gamepad around for anything that uses the mouse. This thing focuses on portability, so it's a bit different. It's a neat idea, but I won't be getting one. 

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't a small laptop do around the same job?

Is that accessible to console gamers? 

No. They're to casual.

But I think console gamers like PS4 users would rather use a Vita since they can port some games on the Vita.

While it looks like an interesting device, if a majority of people are looking into getting one just for emulation of older gaming consoles, I would recommend getting a PSP 2000 instead. (Or even a Vita, though I don't know how hackable those actually are) I used to have one, and I could play all kinds of past games that I really loved as a child.

New feature found:

ba4a80bb2b0e0bed400bd8c49c31f52c_origina

ba4a80bb2b0e0bed400bd8c49c31f52c_origina

Apparently you can swap out those trackpads for little button pads. It's only included in the more expensive bundles, though, which can go up to 5,000. I'm probably not going to get one due to the price tag, but boy does it look good.

This feels like it'll be one of those things everyone super wants, then when it comes out, the market is so niche, it never sells.  Same thing happened when the Vita came out, but the market for that is still probably larger than for this thing, in my opinion.  

It's just such an in-between thing.  Most PC gamers wouldn't want to use this thing because it's too small, not powerful enough, etc., while console gamers might still be put off of it and stick to consoles, or the already available 3DS/Vita platforms.  I just don't see a place where this could fit into the current console market.  But we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 2