King

R.i.p Forums

48 posts in this topic

Wow. A guy leaves for a few months and the whole forum is now dead. RIPeroni everone. Honestly, Pit People doesnt have my interest, so i am permanently placing this forum to rest. Fun during the peak on BBT though... Remember when this forum had awards? Too bad Scaler came back and ruined everything.

Wow. A guy leaves for a few months and the whole forum is now dead. RIPeroni everone. Honestly, Pit People doesnt have my interest, so i am permanently placing this forum to rest. Fun during the peak on BBT though... Remember when this forum had awards? Too bad Scaler came back and ruined everything.

Honestly I think it's just a combination of BBT losing steam and people chatting over on the Skype group instead. Once Pit People releases things will pick up again, I hope. It's just a matter of waiting it out and checking in every few days or so to see what's going on.

Honestly I think it's just a combination of BBT losing steam and people chatting over on the Skype group instead. Once Pit People releases things will pick up again, I hope. It's just a matter of waiting it out and checking in every few days or so to see what's going on.

You're right on the money. I actually joined the forums right when there was the BBT beta, and this place was booming. Once Pit People release i'm sure we will all see the community grow a bit more. :) 

Once Pit People starts we gonna need more mods. B)

My time is coming... for real this time!

Definitely not alive, but not a ghost town either.

True true.

As long as we actually still have a forum page, were doing better than some groups I've been in. Right now the other biggest community I've been apart of is strictly a facebook group after too many forum hosting issues. We can survive!

PVFqF4q.png

anyways the forums are always active, its just that we're like bears and hibernate for however long until spring next game comes out

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

PVFqF4q.png

anyways the forums are always active, its just that we're like bears and hibernate for however long until spring next game comes out

Scaler definitely ruins everything. Why are you still here Scaler /s

We are literally repeating ourselves

i don't know what you're talking about.

wait until the next game comes out.

We are literally repeating ourselves

i don't know what you're talking about.

NSFW Language

I think it's time I leave this world too, maybe I'll come back for the Pit People beta but to be honest, I've never been too active in these forums and I never made friends aside from the people I consider really nice and mature in some ways, so i'm known by like 1/5000 of the forums' population. That makes leaving kind of easy, I won't be missed (and for me that's a good thing) and now I can also tend to my matters without thinking one fraction of the day something like "I wonder if the Behemoth forums have anything new today" and logging in just to see... emptiness, in a way. 

So know that even if I didn't have the time to interact with you I love you and wish you a really good time in the forums. And as an extra, I ask the existing members and new members to search for a way to make the forums a bit more attractive, it's really easy but you need to propose the stuff to the higher-ups. And maybe, just maybe, The Behemoth needs to adapt to modern UIs for forums and things alike. The whole thing feels a bit outdated and there are forum categories that are barely used (ones even less than others, you understand the idea I guess).

Happy whatever! I hope I'll see you again for the Pit People beta (if i'm not riddled with two different types of calculus and linear algebra by then).

The forums had its climax years before even I joined. Unless one of the future games changes things, I don't think the forum will ever be as popular, thought provoking nor quality contented as it was during it's zenith. Which is fine. If it goes out in a whisper, instead of turning into the psuedo-youtube comment section like it once was, then I think that's a much more graceful way to go out.

In all seriousness though, looking through these forums, there's no avatar contest winner and the random topic thread always deserves a good name. When the forum does come back to life at the release of the new game people should be coming back to the old culture. Get on it mods.

Edited by T Diamond

The forums had its climax years before even I joined. Unless one of the future games changes things, I don't think the forum will ever be as popular, thought provoking nor quality contented as it was during it's zenith. Which is fine. If it goes out in a whisper, instead of turning into the psuedo-youtube comment section like it once was, then I think that's a much more graceful way to go out.

In all seriousness though, looking through these forums, there's no avatar contest winner and the random topic thread always deserves a good name. When the forum does come back to life at the release of the new game people should be coming back to the old culture. Get on it mods.

The only way the forums are going to "come back to life" is if users start posting here again. Besides keeping on posting ourselves, there's not much  that us as moderators can do either. We're users, just like everyone else here; we can't talk if there's no-one to talk to. Being a moderator doesn't make us magically able to make users vote on avatar contests or post in the random post forum. We will always be here though, biding our time until we are needed again. :-) 

If every person reading this just came back and posted once every couple of days, we'd be golden. But I'm afraid that might not happen again. Like many other forums on the internet, this place is seeing less and less activity year on year. With programs like Skype and Discord (especially Discord, given its gamer-centric branding and advertisement strategy) and more people having cheaper access to faster, stable internet, talking to users over the internet has never been faster. To get people posting again, we'd have to give people a reason to come back to the forums and a reason to ignore faster and more efficient and instant ways of communicating. Like many other forums on the internet, we might be struggling to find that reason, I think.

Honestly I dare say that it might be fine that members are changing. Every year has its own group of users. The current ones wont stay around forever, and new members will slowly replace it. I've seen quite a few new faces in the Pit People section already. A few of them might migrate here and then start their own legacy. Its great to have old members stay, but the forums will always have its own niche market.

It is quite sad.  These forums were a great place back in its hayday.  But I think the problem lies in what Chris has already said" Advances in communication have made forums less desirable as a way to communicate.

I shudder at the thought of this place going away, because it's like family for me, and others as well.  Especially with the forum revamp, going back and reliving memories from half a decade ago is great.  But a fresh coat of paint doesn't change the fact that forums are stuck in a limbo between social media and instant messaging.

I do hope the forums repopulate, but I feel like this might be close to the end.  I don't want it to be, but users just aren't drawn here like they were five or more years ago.

As said above unfortunately forums are becoming an outdated method of communication, with instant messaging and providers like Discord, facebook, and steam posting messages on a board is becoming a less desirable way to communicate.

Eh, the forums aren't dying. There's just not much going on right now. The Pit People Beta testers tested Pit People (I was one of them) and now the Behemoth are working on the finished product. Once the game comes out, everyone will be back on and be talking about it.