Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mangle

Super Bowl 50

Super Bowl 50   7 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going for?

2. 2. Who are you looking foward to the most in the Halftime Show?

• Coldplay
    • Bruno Mars
    • Beyonce

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

Making this thread because it's not too far away now and I'm really hoping the commercials are mostly hilarious and not mostly sad or boring like last year.

I'm not really into football but I'll probably tune in anyways, if anything for the commercials...

Rooting for Broncos because I have a bet with my friend

Excited for Coldplay because they're cool

Also for those who haven't seen Pokemon's Super Bowl commercial, you can get a sneak peek of it here

I'm not really into football but I'll probably tune in anyways, if anything for the commercials...

Rooting for Broncos because I have a bet with my friend

Excited for Coldplay because they're cool

Also for those who haven't seen Pokemon's Super Bowl commercial, you can get a sneak peek of it here

I'm also watching the Super Bowl for the commercials.

I will be rooting for Broncos because if they beat Patriots in the AFC Championship game, I have no doubt they'll win the Super Bowl too. I may not be into football, but I do know a lot about Patriots just by keeping up with the internet.

I'm excited for Coldplay and Bruno Mars. They're both amazing artists in my eyes, but if I had to pick one over the other, it would be Coldplay for the sole reason of annoying a certain person who does not like Coldplay.

Since I live in Colorado I should be happy, but instead I'm just mad because I work at a pizza place. 

I know last year I was hyped about the Pats and all, but now I've come to my senses and remembered how much I hate football.

btw i'm voting for the deflated balls this year.

No Pats who cares 0/10 will go down as worst Super Bowl ever

Edited by Dexide

I think it would be nice for Manning to win the Super Bowl to end his career, and I'm not the biggest fan of Cam's dancing every other play.

For you guys out of the loop on what has happened on their roads to the Superbowl.

Denver Broncos- This team started out 7-0 being led by the league's top defense, while their offense struggled (Peyton Manning was a bottom tier QB this season).  Peyton was benched following 4 INTs vs the Chiefs, as well as being injured and his backup Brock Osweiller took over. Heading into week 16 there was some doubt of Denver making the playoffs at all, but the cards all went the right way and Denver finished 12-4 as the #1 seed in the AFC. Sunday will likely be Manning's last game, but he likely wants to retire only with a win.

Carolina Panthers- Nobody believed in this team for many weeks.  However, the leagues top offense and a top tier defense propelled this team to a 14-0 start, the best by any team since the 2009 Colts. They finally lost in week 16, but won their final game to finish 15-1 as the #1 seed in the NFC.  Cam Newton has emerged as an elite player, making his 3rd pro bowl, winning the total touchdowns award, and (most likely) the NFL MVP award.

Well Denver Broncos won

Ayyyy I won my bet, so that's cool. (Don't gamble, kids)

I didn't tune in to the whole game but it seemed like the Broncos had their momentum going throughout the whole thing. I'm glad Peyton Manning was able to make this game his 200th victory as well, that was pretty awesome. I didn't actually watch halftime, was it good?

Also I wasn't really into some of the commercials this year, they were full of Reddit memes and cringey "LOLRANDOM" humor which was sorta awkward, especially the one that referenced the white and gold dress. Yeeeuugh. The T-Mobile one with Steve Harvey was pretty good though, and the Snickers commercial with Willem Dafoe gave me a nice chuckle.

That was a great game. Not too happy with Broncos winning, but it was great to see The Sheriff go out on top and to see my boy Von win MVP

That was a great game. Not too happy with Broncos winning, but it was great to see The Sheriff go out on top and to see my boy Von win MVP

I don't really think it was that great of a game, it wasn't bad but I kinda of expected bigger plays or at least making good with what plays did happen. For example Manning didn't get anywhere after a 61yd return punt. Newton played well making good throws although the receivers could never catch it, if it wasn't for the Broncos better defense over the Panthers they would have lost. It also seemed that Newton wasn't 'in it' meaning it seemed that he wasn't having a good time or it didn't have his head in the game (I don't really know how to express it), even when they were only 1 touchdown behind.    

To make it clear it may sound bad, but if I thought it was a bad game I wouldn't have stayed up until 3:30am with college the next day to watch it  :lol:

There were some good plays and the halftime show was decent enough. Can't say much about the adverts because it was hosted by the BBC over here and the BBC doesn't have any advert breaks. 

Edited by AdamBRT

I don't really think it was that great of a game, it wasn't bad but I kinda of expected bigger plays or at least making good with what plays did happen. For example Manning didn't get anywhere after a 61yd return punt. Newton played well making good throws although the receivers could never catch it, if it wasn't for the Broncos better defense over the Panthers they would have lost. It also seemed that Newton wasn't 'in it' meaning it seemed that he wasn't having a good time or it didn't have his head in the game (I don't really know how to express it), even when they were only 1 touchdown behind.    

To make it clear it may sound bad, but if I thought it was a bad game I wouldn't have stayed up until 3:30am with college the next day to watch it  :lol:

There were some good plays and the halftime show was decent enough. Can't say much about the adverts because it was hosted by the BBC over here and the BBC doesn't have any advert breaks. 

I'm pretty sure that Cam couldn't sleep the night before because it was his first super bowl and he had just won MVP as well.  I doubt that many liked this game, I just prefer seeing defensive slugfests as opposed to offensive shootouts

And the winner of super bowl 50 is...

THE CAROLINA PANTHERS!!!!!

I'm sorry, my mistake, I meant the Broncos. I read it wrong, it will never happen again.

Edited by U-Knighted

I cannot recall a Super Bowl where neither starting quarterback accounted for an offensive touchdown.

Carolina's TD came off a run and Denver's TD's came from the defense and a run.