Cyrus the Animator

Where Is Everyone?

37 posts in this topic

This is clearly off topic but the fourms has been going down hill since the starting and till the ending of 2015

and 2016 is no acceptation

i know that most of the people here have grown up, moved on with their own lifes having no time to stick around the fourms

i know that the people who were fans of the behemoth were here aswell (me included) but waiting for the fourms to come back up and active isn't really the best option

i know you all moved on to other communities (Youtube,Facebook,Reddit,4chan etc)

i know there are nothing but mods and a few people and employees here and there 

that roam the fourms searching for a new topic to pop up 

but...

, i'd like to say something here:

Blue text is how i'm comparing the old fourms i used to be in and the new one i am in       ( http://www.mineimatorforums.com )

I used to be in the "Mine-imator" fourms where all animators of Mine imator would gather around and it was the exact same fourm layout and engine that runs these fourms

it had more features though such as the "Chat room" now that i do not use Mine imator to animate anymore and major in Traditonal animation it's pretty stupid if i stayed there i needed another community... 

before i move on to how i settled here i'd like to mention that the Mine imator fourms was FILLED with people the community was so large that every 1 hour a new fourm post would jar up

the community was very talented and hard to get known quickly in those fourms eg: there was a user known as "heveanara" and he was very talented and the entire fourm and chat room knew him it was quite hard to get known unless you made a really huge milestone 

xh0Yi5v.jpgKxmKO9T.jpg

there were also: Maps( Collabaration animation groups) to enter and submit your work to get in this GIANT massive animation collab and would usually get 400k+ views

Rigs (Models to animate with and shared across the community of the art of "rigging" making your own puppets and sharing them around with other animators, the possibilities were endless!)

TBkfeui.jpg

Wallpapers/art/etc (There were a lot of talented people there and just working together to create a really huge and amazing image would be such a golden chance)

Then there was also "David" The creator of Mine imator and just getting a chance to speak with him on the fourms/chat room was mind blowing because even if you wrote his name it would auto set to "Lord David"  

overall i enjoyed my self there with creating a small image of my self (people knowing me around the corners of the fourms and the small lobbys in the chat room etc)

I'm not saying this place is bad, i honestly love the fourms and all the amazing people here in this small community of members

and i think most of the people here have seen me or know me (I see a lot of you inspecting my profile =3 )

and this fourms has all the things that it needs, i'm just really curious of...

What happend? why did the fourms go downhill so fast? getting slower and slower each month 

If you read all that, i'm really glad you actually care about the fourms ^ v ^  

Thanks

~Cyrus

Edited by Cyrus the Animator

We kinda have a thread for this called "R.I.P forums" where most of the members views are already expressed.

To answer your questions though.

"What happened?" Nothing really, Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theatre are not really popularly played and considering it is mainly last gen (I know Castle Crashers got released on the Xbone but many people have already played it and don't want to go back to it).

"Why did the forums go downhill so fast?" (getting slower each month) I have been here for a couple years now and for me it has been active up until this point I know many people like Chris and Bloob have experienced this 'inactiveness' many times before.

Also you are comparing this small indie gaming forum with a small following to a large game that it recognised worldwide and has a massive following around the world. When Pit People releases it will become active again so stick around :-D       

Edited by AdamBRT

This forum goes through a pretty heavy "tick-tock" life.  During the tick phase, around the release of a new game, this place is booming with new members and content.  Once the hype dies down from said release, the tock phase goes into effect, and more and more people start leaving, eventually leaving us with just the few regulars that have been around for so long.  I've seen it happen with Castle Crashers and I've seen it happen with BBT.

I expect once Pit People releases, there'll be more members again around, but until then, it's hard to keep a community lively with the same people who've discussed practically every topic under the sun for years.

Keep in mind also that The Behemoth isn't nearly as big as a company like Mojang, and has nowhere near the community that Minecraft communities do.  So we'll naturally just have less members in general, but yeah.  I've been around for sure, but I've been lurking more lately because of the inactivity.

In the end, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.  It's just that down period right now unfortunately.

I would just like to say thank you for caring so much about the activity of forums and the community as a whole. :)

Thank you all for these amazing replies, really did clear my doubts I really love all these people here and would forever love to be part of this small lovely town (metaphor)

And yes I do understand that "minecraft" is a popular community and me being part of the animation community really changes things here, it's a lot different a lot quiter and lesser drama

(You would see someone get banned/drama occur everyday in those fourms

But thank you all so much for the replies in general! <33

Really appreciate that people still as a whole love to stick around here ^ v ^

Well the games themselves are getting much less popular. BBT doesn't have many players neither does castle crashers, and if you do find a game it usually has upwards of 100 ping. The thing with The Behemoth's games is they get incredibly popular... then die out and that means Pit People = The revival.

Though I don't talk very much here(or anywhere, for that matter); I usually stop by and look around to see if there's anything new happening here. o3o;

Don't get me wrong, I love this community; since it's more peaceful, loving and more open compared to the MegaMan community I was in long ago(which I'm no longer part of). >3>;

I'm still around, so if you want to talk with me at least, don't hesitate to get in contact. :3 I love talking to my close friends on occasion.

- Soldjermon

My priorities have changed a bit, and by that I assume a lot of people's own priorities have changed too. That's just the way life goes...

I'd love to be here more often but I never really find a reason to be here during a good chunk of my time.

Hey, i have an idea 

how about we all make a huge milestone! it would be like a new way to welcomeing new members here and to the behemoth family, like a animated series... or a game.. or something else that gets really famous

It's a small place here but it's seeming to become more.. well..    less reason to stick around as Zytten said

Behemoth it's self is the main reason to be here (with the fans of the games and all) but we arn't cars the movie-ing our way out of this (Shameless lonely town reference)

Maybe we could create something we all enjoy, like comics if you guys like making them or some other fun topics to bring the fourms back to life!   

we do love the peaceful and quietness of this town, but we can't let it slowly murder it's self...                 like die and stuff..

This is a community too, a community we all love to share our topics, interests, behemoth's games and interacting with people in general

But what do i know? i'm just a kid

Who's with me?       :-D  

Hey, i have an idea 

how about we all make a huge milestone! it would be like a new way to welcomeing new members here and to the behemoth family, like a animated series... or a game.. or something else that gets really famous

It's a small place here but it's seeming to become more.. well..    less reason to stick around as Zytten said

Behemoth it's self is the main reason to be here (with the fans of the games and all) but we arn't cars the movie-ing our way out of this (Shameless lonely town reference)

Maybe we could create something we all enjoy, like comics if you guys like making them or some other fun topics to bring the fourms back to life!   

we do love the peaceful and quietness of this town, but we can't let it slowly murder it's self...                 like die and stuff..

This is a community too, a community we all love to share our topics, interests, behemoth's games and interacting with people in general

That would be awesome, but how would we know when there's a new member?

I like the idea of creating a community project or something, but they've been attempted before and never really got finished (although completion was never really the point, I guess, and they did do a decent job of bringing the community together).

Also I suck at coming up for ideas for stuff like that. I guess the most successful one I can remember was the 64StarHeadsBy64Artists thing. Maybe we could take that idea and apply it to...something else? :-P

they spend a lot of time on games. and enough buzz isn't generated every 4 years with little to no release date lol

Hey, i have an idea 

That would be awesome, but how would we know when there's a new member?

That would be natural, they would just show up and it's like we didn't even see them coming

Literally 

I like the idea of creating a community project or something, but they've been attempted before and never really got finished (although completion was never really the point, I guess, and they did do a decent job of bringing the community together).

Also I suck at coming up for ideas for stuff like that. I guess the most successful one I can remember was the 64StarHeadsBy64Artists thing. Maybe we could take that idea and apply it to...something else? :-P

That's a good idea, let's try to expand it to not only the drawing element so everyone can join in  :-D

they spend a lot of time on games. and enough buzz isn't generated every 4 years with little to no release date lol

That is correct.. but they do keep us updated on twitter, they ARE a indie company

besides, it's better than those indie devs who don't update their game or social media in 3 years

*cough*  "Cube world" *cough* 

Either way the least we could do is stay a active community to show our love for their games and keep em going! 

True compassion i say 

Edited by Cyrus the Animator

Even though I appear once every often, I was glad to find this forum. The Behemoth is a great team and the community is great. I just have a feeling that this forum is on a time limit. I'm pretty sure when Pit People comes out, the forums will probably have people come back. Alot.

I don't know if any more responses are needed here, but I guess I'll chime in. 

First, the reason I'm not around much anymore: things have changed a lot for me. I joined these forums almost 8 years ago, so I guess it's pretty obvious that would happen. I was only 12 years old when I first came here. My interests have changed a lot since then, to the point that I barely even play video games anymore. I think part of the reason I'm still here is because it played such a major role in growing up. I didn't have a ton of friends in school, so this is really where I went to talk to people. I made some good friends over the years, and being here slowly shaped me into who I am today, at least online. In a way, this place still feels kind of like home. It's been sad to see so many people leave, and I'm not too familiar with most of the active members these days, but even so, coming back here from time to time feels like visiting that uncle you don't see very often.

The other major reason I'm still here is because of how I joined so shortly after the forums were created. After being here from the start, leaving entirely feels more unnatural than staying, even if I rarely post. Leaving now would feel like abandoning something I helped start, however small a role I played. I know I'll have to leave at some point, whether it's because the forums are shut down, or because I get a job I'm devoted to, or some unpredictable reason, I'm bound to stop visiting here entirely at some point. But for now, I still kind of enjoy being here. 

As for why not many people post lately, as some people have said up above, part of it is that this place naturally goes through periods of inactivity. The Behemoth is a very small company that only releases full games every five years or so, and I think it's been a few since Battleblock Theater came out. Things should spike back up when Pit People is released. 

That's not the only reason, though. I think another big part as to why activity has been dwindling is because of the size of these forums. Years ago, they received a major update that added several new sections. This felt pretty natural at the time, since the forums were growing and a few subforums were no longer adequate for the amount and variety of discussions taking place. However, this resulted in a split in the community of sorts. If I remember correctly, the update came shortly before the release of Battleblock Theater. Not many of the active members at the time were interested in Castle Crashers anymore, so they moved to the more general subforums like this one and Other Games for discussion. When BbT released, a lot of new members came but only really posted in the BbT sections. I don't know if it was out intimidation or simply lack of interest in the general discussion boards, but the vast majority of these new members didn't post in them. That puts us where we're at now, where not many people are discussing BbT anymore, and we still haven't received the new influx of users Pit People will bring.

The members still active here seem to like this place a lot, so I believe if the effort is put in when Pit People comes out, we can get a lot more activity here. Joining a new forum can be intimidating or even scary. You're entering a new place filled with people you've never met, brought together by some loose common interest that can only provide a limited amount of discussion. A lot of older members, myself included, have had the tendency to be somewhat hostile towards new members that aren't familiar with the rules, which may have unfortunately scared some people off. If everyone is welcoming in the future, we could see some more activity here.

Anyway, that's my rant. Now that I've checked in, I'll probably be gone for a few weeks. 

TL;DR for the entirety of what people said:

-Activity levels on the forums are like a pendulum, it has its highs and lows

-People are older now, they have lives and or jobs to get to

-School sucks or something, idk

-Things will pick back up once Pit People comes out

-The change of life that society is or something really deep

Hope this helps for anyone who is about as tired as I am, I just had to write a 2k word essay in one hour.

I've become less active as the forums became so, less posting mean't less topics, less topics mean't even less things that I had any decent knowledge or information on.

I mostly lurk now.

Yeah I'm more of a lurker too, but I still check in a couple times a day to see what's up. Of course I'm sort of obligated to as a mod anyways but it's more of a habit at this point, and I like to check in the with usual visitors that I don't get to chat with on Skype. Plus I like seeing if there are any new members to talk to. I should probably do more posting myself though.

This sounds like a cool idea, what should we doooo??? We have lots of artists here, we could do a huge collab fan-art for the Behemoth or make an animation or a flash game or something

This sounds like a cool idea, what should we doooo??? We have lots of artists here, we could do a huge collab fan-art for the Behemoth or make an animation or a flash game or something

Those all sound like something I would like to be part of, but I honestly don't know if I can. School, my boyfriend, and personal events I'd rather not mention ever again are taking up a huge amount of time in my life now. Maybe when it's summer I'll be able to do it.

Bloob's post really made me think about the reasons I'm still around, and I can't help but agree with pretty much everything he said.  Besides playing a couple MMOs (RS and WoW mainly) this place was the only interaction I had on the Internet for a very long time.  I'm coming up on five years of being here.  Five years.  That's insane.  I joined when I was 16, but I was a lurker for at least a year before that.  So these forums have been a part of my life for almost a quarter of the time I've been alive.

I, too, didn't have many friends when I was younger.  Still don't, really.  I feel like I connect this place to all of the stages of maturing into an adult.  I transitioned into adulthood here.  As I did, I became less active as I focused on my adult life more, as I'm sure many of the older members here have as well.  Now that I'm more settled into life, I check here at least a few times a day to see what's going on, but that doesn't amount to much.  I do miss the days from when I joined, when there was still an influx of people from Castle Crashers.  Active topics being posted in on a daily basis.  But in that lull, it makes me sad that there's not the same interaction there once was.  Which I believe is attributed to the sub-foruming that Bloob mentioned.

As much as I used to think that I only really visited here because I was a Mod and felt that duty still mattered to me and others, I don't think that's the case.  Bloob's post evoked emotions that made me realize, I come around here because I love it here.  I have a history with this site and the people that have come and gone.  I hope the forums never do get shut down, even if hardly anyone is here anymore, because I feel like I'd lose a part of myself in that process.

I could go on for hours about this, but I guess it's technically off-topic to the OP, but whatever.  I felt like I needed to speak after how I felt reading Bloob's post.  I have good memories here, and I won't give up on these forums for that reason.  

I know more people will join when PP comes out, and I hope the community spurs back into life, and unlike when BBT came out, that we welcome everyone who joins, because we need them.  We need that lively community again.

I'm still waiting here for the Fight to 3 Million PS3 Tournament of Champions. When's that goin' down?

Seriously, though the main reason that I'm still here is because Pocket was so nice to me when I first got here, and I was even more stupid and possibly less funny back then compared to how I am now. You probably shouldn't have told those members to stop making fun of me, I definitely deserved it for all those terrible posts I was making.

If it wasn't for Pocket then I probably would've been really annoying for about 3 months and been persistent about not leaving, but then left anyway. So, um yeah... Blame him for me.

Also, most of you guys are super cool. I dunno if any of you actually like me, but you pretend that you do, and that's really nice.

I've not really been active on the Skype group very much, partially because I'm not really very good at talking through text (made evident from this post, check this terrible structure, blecch. Also, this is not to say that I'm good at speaking either, I just feel more comfortable doing it). Mainly, though, it's because I don't like me and I don't want to force you guys to talk to me...

Well, thanks for being cool dogs, back to posting a bad joke every three days and pretending that I know things.

We went to go get a Wendy's burger. The others will be back in the hour I'm sure.