• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
Cyrus the Animator

Where Is Everyone?

We went to go get a Wendy's burger. The others will be back in the hour I'm sure.

I didn't get Wendy's. I went to Jack in the Box for their bacon/cheese fries. Those are the absolute best.

Thank you to everyone who replied (again)

I now truely understand how these fourms played a part in your life and it's honestly great!

You all are amazing people <3

I would think about the community project and i've come up with many ideas like a behemoth thank you video, or a behemoth music video

But i'll let you all amazing people know when i find a great idea for all of us to collab on with our own special abilitys!

^ v ^ 

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of creating a community project or something, but they've been attempted before and never really got finished (although completion was never really the point, I guess, and they did do a decent job of bringing the community together).

http://behemothsketchsquad.blogspot.fr/

press f to pay respects

• Upvote 1

We went to go get a Wendy's burger. The others will be back in the hour I'm sure.

I didn't get Wendy's. I went to Jack in the Box for their bacon/cheese fries. Those are the absolute best.

I had Wendy's last night, I forgot how good their frosties were!

I had Wendy's last night, I forgot how good their frosties were!

Those frosties are good, but I had better ice cream and milkshakes.

• Upvote 1

I left a while ago so I could focus on stuff on youtube, just checking back now to see everyone is gone lol, I might occasionally come back every so often to see whats up tho.

Ditto on this place being sentimental. I joined six years ago, having left several times during that time to focus on my life.

There were times when I was here every day, simpler times, they were. Basically none of the people I talked to when I first joined are still here. When I came back for the first time, I met a lot of super rad people. I won't speak for them, but I personally am very attached to Dropped Your Pocket and GoldenGhost, I have a lot of memories with them. As long as they're still here, I will never truly leave. They are my online brothers.

I've been here for our highs and lows. Met a lot of cool folk. We're a good community. Ambitious people. Friendly people. A lot of us dream big. Sometimes too big. I myself have had many 'projects' I have tried to manage with various people from here, and the memories from working on those will never be replicated, even if they all proved too big for me to handle. One day the people will come back. Maybe I'll be there too. Maybe it'll be fun. 

Just wait on those people. Or don't. Don't be afraid to live your life. The biggest reason I left was to focus on my life, find who I am, finish school, etc etc. A lot has changed since I joined here. Went from being a kid who wanted to play Alien Hominid on the Gamecube to a dude with a job and bills. I imagine a similar thing happened to a lot of the older members here.

P.S. Serioustown's removal was the best thing to happen in years & Skype was a mistake.

• Upvote 4

Serioustown's removal was the best thing to happen in years

Wait, really? I didn't even notice.

Good job, mods. Made it seamless.

Now if you want a real story listen up. Behemoth's been through its highs and lows constantly, everybody already said that. But, you have to look deeper into it than that. As someones who has been hear almost since the begining, I can say that my Behemoth lore keeping abilities are some of the highest around. I only know a few members who know of the forums history better than I. One of the biggest reasons I'm still around is because of my self proclaimed duty to teach young chickens of the olden days. Other than that, I was a dumb kid who grew up from his mistakes and made some good friends.

Anyways, back to history lesson 101. If you look back you can see that there was obvious points of activity and inactivity. But the question is why has it died so much? Honestly the answer is that back in the day the community's ringleaders, top of the foodchain, popular kids, etc were much more active. Not trying to disregard my friends of old, I loved seeing posts from everyone back in the day but to say that Mechazeep and Babbity weren't the most popular people on the forums is just completely wrong in my opinion. Despite personal differences they got the community really going with active posts and hell, Mechazeep is still the #1 poster to this day despite not being active for a long time! Now there were plenty more popular members, but at the end of the day I believe when they started to dissapear Behemoth's community did as well. Once such big figures move on from the forums I think its only natural for some other members to leave. But the big problem was that a lot of people left around this same time, and when all the people you enjoyed seeing post leave you don't have nearly as much ambition as before to go on.

So a short recap before we talk about whats been going on more current time. All the super active, super popular members left and honestly the whole social hierarchy that we developed as a community crumbled. Which left a lot of us kind of staggering about, hoping they would rejoin or we would get new great members. This was the first great decline of the forums that I believe we never fully recovered from.

So a bit later on with all the new Castle Crashers members the community started to build a new hierarchy. But new problems started to arrive. Nobody has been really able to officially claim "top dog" status since Mechazeep and it was very debatle who became/is #1 ever since. Some might believe this isn't an issue but I think Mechazeeps popularity combined with his constant posting didn't make newer members scared, but feel a bit more welcomed and were able to ease into the community. When a really popular guy welcomes a new member you feel awesome! But without that, we were left with a lot of members joining and leaving quickly because of the lack of interaction and quality posts, which has honestly only been getting worse. Then the worst change. For whatever reason, I noticed a significant change in the community which I believe is because the popular members left (the reason I rambled about them for so long). The community became very xenophobic.

Before I can honestly say I might of been one of, if not the most hated member on the board. I got verbally destroyed left and right for my dumb posts. I learned a lot from it in the long run but it sure was a ride. Anyways, my point is that despite being oh so detested (or at least feeling that way), I also felt quite welcome to the Behemoth Forums. I was still encouraged to post (although I was also encouraged to increase my posts quality but that never happened jokes on you suckers), and everyday was amazing to be here. Now days though, I feel bad for new members. I honestly thought I was harsh on new members, and I'd be damned if people I bullied didn't decide to just leave for good. But I wasn't just mindlessly telling new members how horrible they were, I was and still am just trying to get people to learn through there actions like I did before. Someone has to call you out on the things you do, and if its bad you deserve to feel bad about it and learn from your mistakes. Thats my mentality to things which is obviously debateable. But I can say I stuck behind this code of conduct for awhile, and as someone who has used this conduct for awhile now I can say whats going on is in no way constructive. New members are absolutely not welcome here, despite what people claim.

Everyone wants new members, we beg for them. But as soon as we get them the general community pushes them away. I've seen countless new members be ripped up how they are acting without being given a chance. They are young, they are going to act young and stupid everyone does it. I'm honestly not going to say any names but I know for a fact there have been a few "new" members which requested access to the Behemoth Skype group(a whole other discussion), which is suppose to be a general chat for ALL Behemoth members to talk in unless otherwise stated. I've had to fight to get some of these members in and guess what, with time every single of them has been fine in the long run. Yet every time someone puts up a fight about it and that's the mentality killing these forums. New members just are not welcome here.

I think I've rambled enough but ima keep on going. Lets say you are a new member, never heard of this place or anyone in it. Why would you honestly join these forums? If I came here today I would abandon these forums so fast. Lack of inactivity that everyone thinks will magically fix itself but lets be real here. BBT didn't help much with activity and neither will Pit People. The ONLY thing that is going to fix the member gap and save the Behemoth Forums is if YOU reading this, right now, make a few posts. Just a few will work if you all do it. Of course I am to blame as well I don't post nearly as much as I should. But I don't think many people have the right to complain about activity. The person killing the forums is YOU when you don't post.

This of course brings up the Behemoth Skype Group (now the Behemoth Discord Group msg me for an invite its totally rad I want to see you). I was strongly against the Skype group in the begining, we did a chat group before and all it created was horrible drama and died off. However this time around it killed post activity, by honestly a lot. Frankly there is no killing the group, as current host of the Discord group if I deleted it right now, people would either be lost to the voids of time, or just join a new group someone will create soon after.

TLDR:

-Popular members leaving killed the community initially

-We never quite able to have a community as loud and proud again

-New members are not welcome anymore (despite what we say and have tried)

-New members have no real reason to join

-People claiming things will eventually change if we let them be, but things will only change if we put in the effort.

• Upvote 4

Oh my this is a lot of text neato 

Now if you want a real story listen up. Behemoth's been through its highs and lows constantly, everybody already said that. But, you have to look deeper into it than that. As someones who has been hear almost since the begining, I can say that my Behemoth lore keeping abilities are some of the highest around. I only know a few members who know of the forums history better than I. One of the biggest reasons I'm still around is because of my self proclaimed duty to teach young chickens of the olden days. Other than that, I was a dumb kid who grew up from his mistakes and made some good friends.

Anyways, back to history lesson 101. If you look back you can see that there was obvious points of activity and inactivity. But the question is why has it died so much? Honestly the answer is that back in the day the community's ringleaders, top of the foodchain, popular kids, etc were much more active. Not trying to disregard my friends of old, I loved seeing posts from everyone back in the day but to say that Mechazeep and Babbity weren't the most popular people on the forums is just completely wrong in my opinion. Despite personal differences they got the community really going with active posts and hell, Mechazeep is still the #1 poster to this day despite not being active for a long time! Now there were plenty more popular members, but at the end of the day I believe when they started to dissapear Behemoth's community did as well. Once such big figures move on from the forums I think its only natural for some other members to leave. But the big problem was that a lot of people left around this same time, and when all the people you enjoyed seeing post leave you don't have nearly as much ambition as before to go on.

So a short recap before we talk about whats been going on more current time. All the super active, super popular members left and honestly the whole social hierarchy that we developed as a community crumbled. Which left a lot of us kind of staggering about, hoping they would rejoin or we would get new great members. This was the first great decline of the forums that I believe we never fully recovered from.

So a bit later on with all the new Castle Crashers members the community started to build a new hierarchy. But new problems started to arrive. Nobody has been really able to officially claim "top dog" status since Mechazeep and it was very debatle who became/is #1 ever since. Some might believe this isn't an issue but I think Mechazeeps popularity combined with his constant posting didn't make newer members scared, but feel a bit more welcomed and were able to ease into the community. When a really popular guy welcomes a new member you feel awesome! But without that, we were left with a lot of members joining and leaving quickly because of the lack of interaction and quality posts, which has honestly only been getting worse. Then the worst change. For whatever reason, I noticed a significant change in the community which I believe is because the popular members left (the reason I rambled about them for so long). The community became very xenophobic.

Before I can honestly say I might of been one of, if not the most hated member on the board. I got verbally destroyed left and right for my dumb posts. I learned a lot from it in the long run but it sure was a ride. Anyways, my point is that despite being oh so detested (or at least feeling that way), I also felt quite welcome to the Behemoth Forums. I was still encouraged to post (although I was also encouraged to increase my posts quality but that never happened jokes on you suckers), and everyday was amazing to be here. Now days though, I feel bad for new members. I honestly thought I was harsh on new members, and I'd be damned if people I bullied didn't decide to just leave for good. But I wasn't just mindlessly telling new members how horrible they were, I was and still am just trying to get people to learn through there actions like I did before. Someone has to call you out on the things you do, and if its bad you deserve to feel bad about it and learn from your mistakes. Thats my mentality to things which is obviously debateable. But I can say I stuck behind this code of conduct for awhile, and as someone who has used this conduct for awhile now I can say whats going on is in no way constructive. New members are absolutely not welcome here, despite what people claim.

Everyone wants new members, we beg for them. But as soon as we get them the general community pushes them away. I've seen countless new members be ripped up how they are acting without being given a chance. They are young, they are going to act young and stupid everyone does it. I'm honestly not going to say any names but I know for a fact there have been a few "new" members which requested access to the Behemoth Skype group(a whole other discussion), which is suppose to be a general chat for ALL Behemoth members to talk in unless otherwise stated. I've had to fight to get some of these members in and guess what, with time every single of them has been fine in the long run. Yet every time someone puts up a fight about it and that's the mentality killing these forums. New members just are not welcome here.

I think I've rambled enough but ima keep on going. Lets say you are a new member, never heard of this place or anyone in it. Why would you honestly join these forums? If I came here today I would abandon these forums so fast. Lack of inactivity that everyone thinks will magically fix itself but lets be real here. BBT didn't help much with activity and neither will Pit People. The ONLY thing that is going to fix the member gap and save the Behemoth Forums is if YOU reading this, right now, make a few posts. Just a few will work if you all do it. Of course I am to blame as well I don't post nearly as much as I should. But I don't think many people have the right to complain about activity. The person killing the forums is YOU when you don't post.

This of course brings up the Behemoth Skype Group (now the Behemoth Discord Group msg me for an invite its totally rad I want to see you). I was strongly against the Skype group in the begining, we did a chat group before and all it created was horrible drama and died off. However this time around it killed post activity, by honestly a lot. Frankly there is no killing the group, as current host of the Discord group if I deleted it right now, people would either be lost to the voids of time, or just join a new group someone will create soon after.

TLDR:

-Popular members leaving killed the community initially

-We never quite able to have a community as loud and proud again

-New members are not welcome anymore (despite what we say and have tried)

-New members have no real reason to join

-People claiming things will eventually change if we let them be, but things will only change if we put in the effort.

'tQNRs0UK.gif

just replace the "not racist" with "not xenophobic"

Being honest, I've at least attempted to be as rational and tame as possible. When I first joined I was treated with a surprising amount of respect, however I can honestly just brush that aside as everyone just being okay with me since Morg told most of the bums here that I'm a pretty chill person. I was accepted pretty quickly into the group and was in the skype chat (which will forever be missed, <redacted> is the future) within a few months of joining. This was probably the most positive experience I got from a forumbase before, and I want to someday figure out a way to pass the experience onto others without just staying quiet like I usually do. I'm a lurker at heart and only come out to say things when I'm interested in something.

However I have to agree with Scaler on the fact that this community also manages to be one of the more toxic communities as well. time after time I've seen anecdotal evidence on how many members we push away, and despite how much some of us hate a few of them, they manage to stay, and I have some mad respect for them when they take the hits and just keep coming back. Back to how toxic we are, there are many cases (and I won't lie and say that I wasn't included in them) where people have posted things that more often than not lead to the members leaving. I think the most toxic I ever got was when someone had posted their goodbye thread, and all I could say was "neat" (although in that case they called me out like I was the main offender when I wasn't which got me angry, but it's all good I guess.) I've honestly just began posting less because it was the only way where I could manage my own toxicity and stay fairly tame, which in some sense further pushes the forum to its doom. I hope for the day where everyone becomes less toxic themselves in hopes of everyone being able to welcome new members fairly and respectfully, like I was.

whoops that was a ramble with nearly no point, guess that's what happens after 7 continuous hours of computerized testing and then having to write an entire story in chinese yadda yadda real life problems idk

• Upvote 2

However I have to agree with Scaler on the fact that this community also manages to be one of the more toxic communities as well.

If you think this community is toxic compared to other small forums on the internet you're both crazy hahaha. When I left here back in '11 I looked around for a bit, finding other forums and communities for stuff I was interested in and what not. For the most part, the veteran members of those forums were much worse than what I think of of our current older members. Veterans were usually very bitter (even hostile) towards newer members. Their mods were usually power drunk and would even go as far as banning newbies the veterans didn't like, sometimes for no other good reason.

Newbies are going to be a little nervous in every community. They're always going to do things older members don't like. I myself remember being a very stupid kid when I joined. I wouldn't have blamed the mods at the time for banning me for spam posts or offensive posting in my first year or so, if I'm honest. I don't think the older members (the very early members) liked me very much, either. But (in my experience) it's as much up to the user to fight through that and join in and learn as much as it is up to the veterans of a community to be accepting of those newbies trying to make that effort. I think we do okay in both of those things here.

TLDR I think we do okay regarding newer members here. We could do more to keep people around, but on the whole I don't think we're an overly nasty community at all

Also I think this is super important so I'm quoting it to highlight it again:

The ONLY thing that is going to fix the member gap and save the Behemoth Forums is if YOU reading this, right now, make a few posts. Just a few will work if you all do it. Of course I am to blame as well I don't post nearly as much as I should. But I don't think many people have the right to complain about activity. The person killing the forums is YOU when you don't post.

• Upvote 1

However I have to agree with Scaler on the fact that this community also manages to be one of the more toxic communities as well.

TLDR I think we do okay regarding newer members here. We could do more to keep people around, but on the whole I don't think we're an overly nasty community at all

Also I think this is super important so I'm quoting it to highlight it again:

>The ONLY thing that is going to fix the member gap and save the Behemoth Forums is if YOU reading this, right now, make a few posts. Just a few will work if you all do it. Of course I am to blame as well I don't post nearly as much as I should. But I don't think many people have the right to complain about activity. The person killing the forums is YOU when you don't post.

Lol that whole post made it sound like some of the oldies were giving you guys swirlys. Not gonna lie, that sounds like a ridiculous type of funny, but if that ever was the case that'd be very disappointing.

But you, I think I know just what can bring some life back into this community! Just one four letter word that every good community needs.

...No, it's not Love!

It's Hype!

• Upvote 2