Zumbee4life

Online Modes Missing (Bbt Steam

8 posts in this topic

I have a problem in BBT Steam version. In the online multiplayer menu, I noticed 2 options were missing. I checked the trailer and there were in fact supposed to be options there. I thought it was because I had restrictions on the market, but they didn't appear even after those were lifted. Is something wrong with my game? I really wanted to know what those options were. Here is proof:

post-26450-0-96767100-1457710220_thumb.jpg

Here's the thing about that.

During development of any game(s), there are features that show up in trailers and the like.

Some features, images, animations, etc. get scrapped before they get released to the general public.

These are actually normal occurrences; since not everything can be implemented in the final.

At least you learn something today. ;3

- Soldjermon

Edited by Soldjermon

I was actually unaware that the steam version was still in some sort of development when that trailer was made. I thought it was made like a week or two before release...

Not exactly true; since BattleBlock Theater was originally released on the Xbox360 in 2013, then a year later(2014) on steam as a decent port. >3> Also, BBT is backwards compatible with XboxOne a year(2015) after that.

Also, BattleBlock Theater had started being developed(I think) soon after Castle Crashers was released... So, it was around 4 to 5 or so years to develop?

There was so much content that was scrapped and redone before the final release during that time span, if you've noticed the other trailers than the one you saw of those online modes.

Well, there's some more information for you. Hope that helps. ;3

- Soldjermon

Yes but these modes don't exist on steam. On the xbox version, the game modes that should've been there were there (Find Ranked Match and Host Ranked Match).

Yes but these modes don't exist on steam. On the xbox version, the game modes that should've been there were there (Find Ranked Match and Host Ranked Match).

Which trailer are you referring to in the original post?