• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
Zumbee4life

Online Modes Missing (Bbt Steam

I have a problem in BBT Steam version. In the online multiplayer menu, I noticed 2 options were missing. I checked the trailer and there were in fact supposed to be options there. I thought it was because I had restrictions on the market, but they didn't appear even after those were lifted. Is something wrong with my game? I really wanted to know what those options were. Here is proof:

post-26450-0-96767100-1457710220_thumb.jpg

Here's the thing about that.

During development of any game(s), there are features that show up in trailers and the like.

Some features, images, animations, etc. get scrapped before they get released to the general public.

These are actually normal occurrences; since not everything can be implemented in the final.

At least you learn something today. ;3

- Soldjermon

Edited by Soldjermon

I was actually unaware that the steam version was still in some sort of development when that trailer was made. I thought it was made like a week or two before release...

Not exactly true; since BattleBlock Theater was originally released on the Xbox360 in 2013, then a year later(2014) on steam as a decent port. >3> Also, BBT is backwards compatible with XboxOne a year(2015) after that.

Also, BattleBlock Theater had started being developed(I think) soon after Castle Crashers was released... So, it was around 4 to 5 or so years to develop?

There was so much content that was scrapped and redone before the final release during that time span, if you've noticed the other trailers than the one you saw of those online modes.

Well, there's some more information for you. Hope that helps. ;3

- Soldjermon

Yes but these modes don't exist on steam. On the xbox version, the game modes that should've been there were there (Find Ranked Match and Host Ranked Match).

Yes but these modes don't exist on steam. On the xbox version, the game modes that should've been there were there (Find Ranked Match and Host Ranked Match).

Which trailer are you referring to in the original post?