Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superBRADY777

Toonami

13 posts in this topic

I honestly would give up my energy to watch it. Even though it starts at midnight, I like what they put on. Toonami has gotten better since their shutdown and reboot. The shows they put out are great, and the content they produce are pretty good. Overall, I think it's worth staying up for. How do you think of Toonami?

I wasn't really into Toonami until a long while ago when Space Dandy was airing and I would catch it every week. Afterwards I would stay up and watch all of the other shows that were airing too, like Naruto and Blue Exorcist and Bleach. Usually lasted until like 4 in the morning. Good stuff, I would love to tune in more often but tfw no cable in my apartment

I didn't even know Toonami was still around, I remember quite a few shows that did air though that I did enjoy like Teen Titans, Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack and Ultimate Muscle to name a few. I remember Naruto, Bobobo-bo bo-bobo and Viewtiful Joe being on Jetix. I don't remember where Dragon Ball Z was or Pokemon. 

I used to love watching Toonami, it would start airing at 10pm my time (PST) and I watched a lot of interesting and cool shows. From FLCL to Shin Chan, it had a great selection now. The only problem with watching it now is I don't want to pay for cable, so I don't really know if I can watch their shows online somewhere or something.

...Toonami didnt show Shin-Chan. You are thinking of Adult Swim's odd lineup of... well ANYTHING they aired during that time.

...Toonami didnt show Shin-Chan. You are thinking of Adult Swim's odd lineup of... well ANYTHING they aired during that time.

Oh snap you're right. See I get things confused because i'm old.

As happy as I am that Toonami is back, it's a lot easier nowadays to just look up the anime episodes online and watch them on my own time.

As happy as I am that Toonami is back, it's a lot easier nowadays to just look up the anime episodes online and watch them on my own time.

... you're back. cool welcome hah

For a second I thought Toonami was Skatoony. That's not back, is it? Please tell me it's not.

Then again it is THE funniest show ever made.

Anyway uhh, Toonami? I might know what that is, but I am not really sure.

I didn't even know Toonami was still around, I remember quite a few shows that did air though that I did enjoy like Teen Titans, Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack and Ultimate Muscle to name a few. I remember Naruto, Bobobo-bo bo-bobo and Viewtiful Joe being on Jetix. I don't remember where Dragon Ball Z was or Pokemon. 

For a second I thought Toonami was Skatoony. That's not back, is it? Please tell me it's not.

Then again it is THE funniest show ever made.

Anyway uhh, Toonami? I might know what that is, but I am not really sure.

Toonami US is different to Toonami UK, which has been shut down since 2007 and only had a run of 4 years (3 if you dont count CNX). It started out as CNX and showed adult anime & martial arts movies at night. After just a year it was then rebranded as Toonami and the programming changed to mostly american cartoons, with anime slots in the early morning and late evening (from what I remember).

Toonami UK is still dead, but Toonami US came back recently. Although it didnt last too long over here, those 4 years helped shape a lot of my interests today and I'll always remember them fondly. Waking up super early to watch Tenchi Muyo and marathoning DBZ movies during summer holidays was awesome. 

RELEVANT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

I'm foolishly hyped about this, FLCL stands out to me as one of the best anime I've ever watched and I'm excited to see more. Gotta keep an eye on the new people handling it though

I haven't even heard of FLCL before and I'm excited. Gotta add it to my list of animes to start.

RELEVANT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

I'm foolishly hyped about this, FLCL stands out to me as one of the best anime I've ever watched and I'm excited to see more. Gotta keep an eye on the new people handling it though

I haven't even heard of FLCL before and I'm excited. Gotta add it to my list of animes to start.

It's only 6 episodes long, you can easily knock it out in an afternoon and then spend the rest of your day listening to the glorious soundtrack by The Pillows