• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Scaler193

Behemoth Rpg Lvl 2: Return Of Lost Knights

35 posts in this topic

W72KFhC.png

Its is once again time to return to the lands of the Behemoth. Dan Paladins kingdom is still in trouble, and unfortunatly for us, his previous brave knights have gone missen. Can YOU step up to the challenge to become the knight that the Behemoth needs?

Setting:

q1sy2wk.png

In the world of the Behemoth, where castles crash and blocks bash, there are a few selected warriors that stand have started a quest to find the legendary Behemoth. After the legendary heroes of old had gone missing, Dan Paladin himself has forcefully selected a few adventurers to become his knights on this quest. But you have no reason to stay in his good grace other than living in his kingdom, betrayal or loyalty is up to you.
Tom Fulp has been kid napped and without his dearest waifu Dan looks for the legendary Behemoth, a creature of such great power it is said that it can grant any wish you desire. Unfortunatly though it seems that the path to the Behemoth wont be easy. It's location is unkown, and it is known to travel rather than stay in one spot. There will also be enemies on this quest, looking for the Behemoth themselves or just looking to cause trouble in general. But, can our mighty knights still prevail on this quest? Thats up for YOU to decide!

Rules:

Basically I will explain how this Behemoth RPG shall work. After our heroes have gathered, I (the almighty dungeon master) shall explain the situation they are in, I will mention anything unique or noteworthy about the current area, and give our Hero's options on what they decide to do. The heroes will either decide on an option, or I decide to pick the most decided one, that action shall take place. In battle, you will pick an attack to use from the ones available (I shall have a list ready for you), after choosing an action I will roll a dice. This dice will be rolled for every action, both yours and enemies. The higher the number the luckier you are. A low roll could be devastating though so keep that in mind, and while it would be quite funny to say everyone got 1's and laugh as you all struggle, I shall keep to my code of dungeon master honor and only say the truth. Also the best part of this RPG is that I will draw little pictures every now and then to further explain the situation, isn't that cool!  

Heroes:

Who are the almighty hero's of this quest you might ask? Well they are you! Its first come first serve for these bad boys, so post your apps as soon as possible. Don't worry if you don't get in right away, if something terrible shall happen to one of our heroes, I'm sure recruiting shall need to be done.  Also, if you are going to participate in this RPG, make sure you can post often. If enough time (whenever I get bored of waiting) passes, your turn shall be skipped.

Class:
(Choose a class, any of your generic RPG classes shall do. If you got
something else in mind go for it, I am no racist towards classes!)

Stats: You have 10 points to spend on your character, use them wisely!

Strength: Your power, the higher the number the more damage you do.

Agility: Your speed, the higher the number the more likely you are to dodge.

Magic: Your magical abilities: the higher the number the more mana you gain and the more damage you do with magical spells.

Defense: Your resistances, the higher the number the more health and resistance you have against physical attacks.

Special Defense: Your resistances to magic, the higher the number the more resistance you have against magic abilities.

Karma: Your luck, the higher this is the easier it is to find better items, and you will also gain a number on your roll. Say if I roll a 6 and you have +1 karma, the roll will change to a 7. *This stat is given through out the journey and you can not give yourself +Karma stats at the start of the journey, they are very rare.

Weapon: (What kind of equipment do you carry?)
Special Ability: (What makes you unique from all the other scrubs around?)

Your Dream: (What is your goal in this mighty quest?)

Current Stats:

Mitsuo:

- HP: 75

- Energy: 50 (Being a fast paced character, Mitsuo can use as many attacks as his energy enables him per turn, but it takes 2 turns to recharge. He isn't exactly well known for his stanima it appears.

Attacks:

- Basic Attack: 10 energy, [Just a basic melee attack]

- Light Slash!: 50 energy, 30 damage [A wide range attack guaranteed to hit first, possible to hit mutliple opponents]

Teddy Frogsworth:

-HP: 40

- Swamp Juice 300 [Teddy uses a special kind of mana we have dubbed swamp juice. Swamp juice is constantly drained when on land by about 1 point per turn in regular weather, but can be boosted up to 10 points per turn in say a desert. However to replenish swamp juice all Teddy needs to do is refresh himself, soak in some water, etc. Should Swamp Juice turn to 0 Teddy will start taking damage, so stay hydrated!]

Attacks:

- Basic Attack: 0 Swamp Juice [Teddy creates a long ranged magic attack that flies at the opponent in the shape of a tadpole. Has minor tracking capabilities to follow moving opponents]

- Dirty Bubble: 30 Swamp Juice [using swamps ability to harness both the elemental powers of earth and water, Teddy creates a dirty bubble around an enemy. Locking them in place. Hard to destroy without sharp objects.]

- Frog-o Beam: 30 Swamp Juice, 30 damage [Teddy fires a magical frog beam at a single opponent, dealing magic damage]

Leonard:

- HP: 250

- Mana: 100

Attacks:

- Basic Attack: 0 Mana [Just a basic melee attack]

- Fist Cyclone: 10 Mana, 10 damage[Leonard spins around rappidly pushing away and dealing damage to everything around him]

That Dude over There:

- HP: 100

- Mana : 100

Attacks:

- Basic Attack: 0 Mana [Just a basic long range card throw]

- Magical Enhancement, 20 Mana [That Dude can enhance a weapon to deal an aditional +2 magic damage for the remainder of the fight, does not stack]

Xenia:

- Mana: 85

Attacks:

- Basic Attack: 0 Mana [Xenia throws a tarrot card, dealing damage based on number rolled + Magic stat]

- Tarrot Fate: 0 Mana [Xenia draws a random cursed tarrot card, which gives off an effect based on the tarrot drawn. Once a tarrot has been used it may never be drawn again unless otherwise stated. The effects of Tarrot Fate are as follows:

0 - The Fool: Resets current encounter to beginning, but reshuffles all stats and enemies to one of the same level.
1 - The Magician: Give 5 extra stat points to a chosen party member for the rest of the encounter
2 - The High Priestess: Reveals all stats of all enemy
3 - The Empress: Makes allies and enemies susceptible to the influence of your words, and able to be reasoned with rather than fought
4 - The Emperor: Lets one party member manipulate the environment or control an enemy (costs their entire turn)
5 - The Hierophant: Gives Xenia complete control over all allies, enemies and environmental hazards once during the encounter (costs an entire turn)
6 - The Lovers: One enemy will become ally and one ally become enemy. Attack an ally does damage to you instead
7 - The Chariot: Creates two spectrals of a random ally, one red (physical) and one blue (magical). They must stay in contact with the main body (which is unable to move while spectrals are out) or they will die. Each one is 50% of the users current health
8 - Justice: Every time an ally kills an enemy a burning non-dodgeable light strikes them for 25% of their max health
9 - The Hermit: -5 Karma to the entire party
10 - Fortune: Completely randomize everyone's stats, for this and the next encounter
11 - Strength: Resets party stats to base states, then switch Strength/Magic stats and Defense/Special Defense stats
12 - The Hanged Man: Random ally will be "hanged", they will float above ground, unable to make action.
 13 - Death: Causes random ally/enemy to fall asleep on every on of Xenias turns until woken up. During sleep they will face death. Death will roll for a higher number 2/3 times. If it succeeds the target will die.
14 - Temperance:  Temperance- The stats of everyone in the party are changed to match the highest number of each stat throughout all party members.
15 - The Devil: Gives everyone karma equal to their health, but the entire party's health and resource becomes bound to their karma. Damage inflicted or mana used results to an decrease to everyone's karma.
16 - The Tower: Destroy the current path and anything in its blast radius
17 - The Star: Turns a regular enemy into a boss monster
18 - The Moon: Enemies become status and spell immune
19 - The Sun: Enemies become engulfed in flames, dealing fire damage and becoming immune to physical attacks
20 - Judgement: If you have negative karma your stats are decreased by 200%, if your karma is positive your stats are increased by 200%
21 - The World:  A random ally's dream will be fulfilled. This will causes them to become a separate party fighting against both their former allies and their enemies

Edited by Scaler193

I pray the game doesn't cut off short this time like all the others.

Name: Mitsuo (Google tells me it means "shining man", who even knows?)

Class: Duelist

Weapon: Iron katana, about as average as any other katana.

Special Ability: Duelist's Blow, if Mitsuo initiates the attack, add +2 agility.

Backstory: Do you really need one?

Dream: Wants everyone to stop asking him if he's into guys due to his flamboyant nature.

Stats:

Strength: 3

Agility: 4

Magic: 0

Defense: 2

Special Defense: 1

Edited by Morg

I think it's cool that you're gonna draw art for the quest, I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Before I sign up though, I need some more info on these stats and on combat. What kinds of dice are you gonna be using for rolls? How exactly will each of the stat values factor into the rolls? Is there a stat cap? Just explain them a little more and I'll be on board

Name: Teddy Frogsworth 

Class: Magic Toad Frog

Weapon: Magic Stick: A small stick that is large enough to act as a staff for one of his height with a small gemshard that contains a bit of magical power but could definitely hold more.

Special Ability: His tongue can nab things from a large distance 

Bit of Backstory (sorry if you didn't ask but I felt like it): Teddy was just a normal toad frog until one day he ate a magic four leaf clover that not only gave him sentience but also made him the most magical toad frog on the block, Using his new found magical powers he granted sentience to all the toads frogs in his homeland. Who soon became the dominate species on their small home island, But with the island growing tired of the same sites and people Teddy set off to look for another race of sentient beings to call friends.

Dream: He wishes to be an ambassador between the humans and the new found sentient toad frog people.

Stats:

Strength: 0

Agility: 2

Magic: 8

Defense: 0

Special Defense: 0

Edited by SaltOnToast

Guess I'll be the powerhouse like I was in the last one.

Name: Leonard

Class: Warrior (though less deviated from a Berserker, about the same)

Backstory (didn't matter but felt like sharing it.): Not knowing what to do with his life (all his stats were 0) he went to go be an intern for some dark wizard who was the only one willing enough to teach someone with no magical experience. Yet since the dark wizard was a total nerd, he put Leonard though lots of manual labor work instead of actually training him in magic. This wasted his potential because by the time he was done with all the chores in the dark wizard's home, Leonard's str stat had gone through the roof. Angry that his potential was wasted, he was about to give up, but he made the realization that by becoming a mercenary for hire would make more money than any job he could get at this point.

Weapon: Junk Axe (an axe made from several pieces of trash, the blade is a rusty butcher knife duct taped to a metal pole.)

Special Ability: Bulk up (-1 str but +1 def on physical hit, -1 str but +1 spd (special defense) on magical hit. Reverts to normal after battle ends.)

Dream: To find the pieces of his lost family heirloom, a powerful axe capable of decimating foes, but only when fully complete. Or to get a good taco for once.

Stats:

Str: 6

Agl: 2

Mag: 0

Def: 1

SpD: 1

I'm looking forward to this one.

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

Name: That dude over there

Class: Novice Stage Magician

Weapon: Standard Poker Deck

Special Ability: Can fling cards as quick as bullets, he also can question life itself and not get anywhere

Dream: Wants to control the Satsui no Hado, even though he doesn't have it

Backstory: A normal dude that learned he had his special ability when he was randomly shuffling his deck and accidentally killed his whole family when a hand cramp made him exert extreme force over his deck, ending up in a tornado of violent and insanely fast poker cards.

Since then he's thought he has the Satsui no Hado and he wants to control it so it doesn't "overcome him again". It's his dumb idea, don't blame me. 

Stats:

Agility: 1

Magic: 5

Defense: 0

Special Defense: 4

Edited by Zytten13

I think it's cool that you're gonna draw art for the quest, I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Before I sign up though, I need some more info on these stats and on combat. What kinds of dice are you gonna be using for rolls? How exactly will each of the stat values factor into the rolls? Is there a stat cap? Just explain them a little more and I'll be on board

Fair enough, I was planning on telling everyone how stats work soon anyways.

-Will be rolling a d20 dice

-Stats will be used depending on the siduation. For example, something is falling from the sky at you, with strength you could punch through it or lift it, agility dodge, magic use a spell, defense defend yourself if it's physical, special defense defend yourself if its magical. The stats basically work as an addition to your dice roll. So say you decide to lift the object and prevent it from stomping you. Your character has 6 strength. So you roll a 10. That means you essentially have 16 strength until the end of your turn.

-There is no stat cap as of yet, but seeing how the last one died I'm planning on making it possibly a shorter campaign, see how it go's anyways. There are plans for a max level cap of 10 however. But who knows, maybe some Behemoth RPG expansion packs might come out in the future that raise the level cap!

Waiting on one last character! Once we have a group of 5 the adventure shall begin! Also I want to let everyone know that I absolutely WILL have everything predetermined. That doesn't mean this is not your adventure, far from it! By that I just mean opponents will already have set stats and I wont be making up anything out of thin air. I have plans for the world and where everything leads. So our knights can do whatever they desire on their quest. I just have the world already set so that there wont be any shinanigans later on. So if you're fighting an enemy and wondering how to defeat them, remember I already have created their strenghts and weaknesses, so there will always be a way!

Why not get back into the forums with a Behemoth themed pseudo-tabletop adventure?

Name: Xenia (Female)

Class: Etheral Mage

Backstory: An old corpse resurrected and corrupted by dark magic. She aligns with those who are noble, yet often is distrusted for her short temper. Has rouge-like tendencies, but tries to help keep the group together. Talks in a foreign language, struggles to communicate with non-magical beings.

Dream: To find a purpose.

Weapon: Cursed Deck of Tarot Cards (I'm referring to actual Tarot cards and their meanings, so here's a link for anyone who's curious)

Ability: Temperance- For the next turn/event/however long Scaler deems acceptable, the stats of everyone in the party are changed to match the highest number of each stat throughout all party members. Costs 5 health and 5 mana (or whatever that needs to be changed to for balancing reasons)

Tarot Draw- Once per encounter, Xenia can draw a random Tarot card from her deck. The effect of the card must immediately be used, and the card is destroyed after the encounter.

Magic: 2

Sp. Defense: 2

Edited by A C Cret

Why not get back into the forums with a Behemoth themed pseudo-tabletop adventure?

Name: Xenia (Female)

Class: Etheral Mage

Backstory: An old corpse resurrected and corrupted by dark magic. She aligns with those who are noble, yet often is distrusted for her short temper. Has rouge-like tendencies, but tries to help keep the group together. Talks in a foreign language, struggles to communicate with non-magical beings.

Dream: To find a purpose.

Weapon: Cursed Deck of Tarot Cards (I'm referring to actual Tarot cards and their meanings, so here's a link for anyone who's curious)

Ability: Temperance- For the next turn/event/however long Scaler deems acceptable, the stats of everyone in the party are changed to match the highest number of each stat throughout all party members. Costs 5 health and 5 mana (or whatever that needs to be changed to for balancing reasons)

Magic: 2

Sp. Defense: 2

#TeamCards

With this activated (for all party members):

str: 6

agl: 4

mag: 8

def: 2

spd: 4

Krm: 0

Name: Boulder

Class: Warrior

Weapon: Iron Warhammer

Special Ability: War Cry (Draws aggro from nearby party members, enticing enemies to attack myself)

Dream: Desires to one day BECOME a boulder.

Stats:

Strength: 3

Agility: 0

Magic: 0

Defense: 7

Special Defense: 0

Alright with our heroes gathered lets start this. Unfortunatly Pocket will have to sit this one out for now, the party of 5 i show we do things around here! But never the less, should one of our knights perish (and surely, they will) they will be replaced by the next character app. So still even if you didnt get in yet, post your characters! The sooner the better and hey, I could change the rules whenever and your character might appear in the story! Never the less, let the story begin!

In the land of the Behemoth. Dan Paladin has lost his companion Tom Fulp. It is unkown where has been hiding, if he went on his own, if he was kidnapped? With so many unknowns and not enoiugh power to find the man himself, Dan has called for his mods to gather the greatest knights around the land! Unfortunatly he sent one of the lazier mods around and he just picked whatever assorted group of bozo's he found hanging around town. Bringing them into King Dans chambers, this lazy mod started to introduce our Knights!

Mitsuo

RZAscNa.png

The flamboyant swordsman known for his speed and attack! Has a healthpool of an a tad bellow average 95, but makes up for it with limitless energy. I'm pretty sure he was about to kill me when I kept on telling about how hot all the guys that work here and a guy like him should totally check them out. Strange huh??

Teddy Frogsworth

r4mdCBr.png

The magical toad frog himself, Teddy can cast powerful frog spells on top of having an exclusive mana type for his class! Downside is being incredibly short and nobody really respects a frog in a tiny magic hat all that much.

Leonard

R7Lz2Fn.png

Leonard is your typical magic nerd. But instead of learning cool spells he was forced to do manual labour, thus creating this beast of a man! Leonard is a unique strength class that uses mana despite being a strength class. Is this just from his lust for magic and he could easily do techniques without mana? Probobly but whatever cant really complain to him without getting stomped. Also yes those are eyebrow horns thanks for noticing.

That Dude over There

nEdSFRI.png

Yeah uhhhh this guy. I don't really know where I found this creepy guy he might of just kinda shown up. Anyways he can throw cards really fast! He also murmers about being possesed by some Street Fighter demon so we might have to kick him to the realm of capcom sooner or later. Either way typical mana warrior here. Might have some cool magic tricks to show along the way!

Xenia

IgPFpaU.png

Yeah I know, I'm scared yet arroused as well. This undead can't speak very well, don't think she's fluent in our language. But her names Xenia and she has somehow aquired the very rare and powerful tarot cards. But with those things who knows if its safer to be on her side or against her. A cool thing about her undead body though that I figured out is that she doesnt need health pots what-so-ever! She can heal naturally as long as she has a mana potion. Talk about awesome!

"So there you have it boss what do you think?" - Lowly moderator

It was clear that Dan was not pleased, not exactly mad but more bamboozled on how you could even find a group of "knights" this horrible. Not having time to looks for new knights, Dan declared these 5 his new knightly order and sent them off to find Tom Fulp, ASAP! Getting booted out of the castle, the group prepares for their journey! However what exactly should they do its not like anyone even knows where to go.

[so here is where our group will be making their first option. I will be going for highest number of votes. There are siduations where characters can split up and do their own thing, howver sticking together is crucial to progress and make sure I don't write you out of the story like the lazy arse I am. Feel free to comment anything you want your character to interact with, to start to build your character and get their personality broken in. All players are required to make a vote for any of the following options]

a - Go to the town square, there are plenty of shops and pubs (although your party has 0 gold as of now)

b - Go outside the town borders to start exploring or grinding that good ol xp.

c -  Go back inside the castle to get some questions answered

d - Reply with your own (productice) response, other users can vote for your option

[Also players should note I started to assign HP and your Mana system. This will be updated in the first post under characters section hopefully soon after this post, but for sure before your first battle no worries. Be sure to check the main post to see your spells or certain conditions your character has laid out for them]

Edited by Scaler193

I vote we go to the town square to find out more information about Tom Fulp from the citizens.

Xenia is also terrified of Teddy Frogsworth, because it radiates too much magic for a frog. Also the hat confuses her.

B Getting some gold and experience so we can buy some gear

Frogsworth would Croak as he often did before speaking, would bow towards his new found party and tip his hat, in a raspy voice he would greet everyone and introduce himself. He would begin to tell them the tale of how his people came to be and his intentions on making a joint treaty with mankind, going on the quest in hopes to gain Dan's favor. 

Edited by SaltOnToast

I say we take choice B. Some exp and gold couldn't hurt, could it?

Leonard's strength should be tested. Also believing in the gold that we could be getting out of this, a shield or some armor to make sure Leonard doesn't get OHKO'd would be nice.

B is the best option right now. I get the feeling my character will get rekt multiple times tho

B.

Hanging around the town without a thing to do won't prove anything.

With a tad bit of uneasiness between Teddy and Xenia, the knights decided to head off and farm for now. No point in going to town if they dont have any gold to buy stuff with! With the intent of farming some delcious xp, our adventurers find themselves at a decision.

a - To the left there are a group of Slimes

b -To the right there stands a single stinky Lizardman

c -  Straight ahead should be higher level enemies

Which path shall our knights take! [Not every post needs to be a paragraph long lol]

Edited by Scaler193

c -To the right there stands a single stinky Lizardman

c - Straight ahead should be higher level enemies

GAME LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

DEVS PLEASE FIX

c -To the right there stands a single stinky Lizardman

c - Straight ahead should be higher level enemies

GAME LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

DEVS PLEASE FIX

O no we've encountered our first bug. (In reality I get frustrated and have to edit my posts cause doing b ) causes B)

A A wise first battle would be one against weaker foes

The lizardman seeming to be doing no wrong other than having a fowl stench did not seem like one who we had a reason to fight, the slimes however are a unpredictable race and fighting them might be the wisest decision in Frogworth's eyes.

A, I guess. The lizard man is annoying Xenia, and she feels like someone will die if the group goes to higher level enemies. At least Xenia won't have to touch the slimes, but is worried about weapons getting stuck in them. This was a struggle to mime out but she thinks she got the point across.