• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/

let's talk about youtube. Yep this isn't going to be good.

Copyright

Alot of Youtubers lose money and have to take down videos due to False Copright Claims, these are normally done by pranksters.

Then there's reaction channels  that just post them sitting still with a video in the corner! People doing the "Try not to laugh challenge" are just reactions in disguise.

Pranks

There are fake pranks and real pranks, I'll go over both.

Fake pranks are often just made to be controversial. These are usually based on terrorism and anyhthing mildy umm, I won't say the word so I don't get banned.

Real pranks are normaly either delibretly annoying people or using the homeless to get views.

End Notes

I only scratched the surface of youtube going down hill because this is really just to get peoples opinions.

All of this really started in late 2015 or in 2016 so I really think Youtube's going downhill.

It's been going downhill since Google bought the rights to it and made it corporate.

As awful as it is that a large chunk of Youtube now is reactions and prank videos (also the insane amount of vine compilations) this isn't really going to change anytime soon, because it makes money. Google could really care less about how other channels are feeling, because they're busy raking in cash from Youtube Red and ad revenue from the reaction channels. The same could be said about how Youtube's overabundance of gaming channels now, honestly.

And even with all of this, you might be thinking "why not just find another video sharing site?"

Well, unfortunately, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, and all the others are not nearly big enough to rival Youtube. So at the moment, most of us are rather powerless. You can't say we didn't try though, as Channel Awesome (Nostalgia Critic and friends) started a petition to rid Youtube of the false copyright claims. I personally don't know how that's going, but I'd check into that quickly.

• Upvote 2

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees it's been going downhill for more than a year now

It's been going downhill since Google bought the rights to it and made it corporate.

As awful as it is that a large chunk of Youtube now is reactions and prank videos (also the insane amount of vine compilations) this isn't really going to change anytime soon, because it makes money. Google could really care less about how other channels are feeling, because they're busy raking in cash from Youtube Red and ad revenue from the reaction channels. The same could be said about how Youtube's overabundance of gaming channels now, honestly.

And even with all of this, you might be thinking "why not just find another video sharing site?"

Well, unfortunately, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, and all the others are not nearly big enough to rival Youtube. So at the moment, most of us are rather powerless. You can't say we didn't try though, as Channel Awesome (Nostalgia Critic and friends) started a petition to rid Youtube of the false copyright claims. I personally don't know how that's going, but I'd check into that quickly.

Link for petition? 

Google sees YouTube as a paycheck.  If money rolls in, they really don't care about anything going on such as false copyright claims.  They only care if you're a big YouTuber who contacts them and tells them that they'll lose part of that big paycheck if their videos are affected.  Otherwise, they don't care.  That's actually one of the reasons I switched to Twitch, it's still a whole lot better than YouTube is.

• Upvote 2

Google has done horrible things with it, but at least the video player works. That's a lot more than you can say for a lot of sites. 

• Upvote 1

Google has done horrible things with it, but at least the video player works. That's a lot more than you can say for a lot of sites. 

Yeah, YT's player is pretty good to say the least

Besides for the fact that ads buffer better than the video itself.

Edited by yugo657
  • Upvote 1

Youtube is getting worse, yes. 

The only reason I still watch it is because there's some really interesting and funny content out there such as h3h3 or Game Theory. People are going to make bad stuff and disregard copyright, but there's nothing you can do about it. Then only thing I can think of is that Youtube gets sued for letting Jinx react to some hollywood movie. He'd probably do that for a few extra bucks.

Honestly Youtube will only get better if we get the attention of the higher ups who actually are able to do things. For the most part youtubers like GradeAUnderA have tried to bring attention to the problems of Youtube, and has gotten the company's attention. We just need to make sure they fix it for the better.

Honestly Youtube will only get better if we get the attention of the higher ups who actually are able to do things. For the most part youtubers like GradeAUnderA have tried to bring attention to the problems of Youtube, and has gotten the company's attention. We just need to make sure they fix it for the better.

Yeah, if a big YouTuber like Pewdiepie, Smosh, or even Jacksepticeye (I hate all of those youtubers) made videos actually addressing some of the problems instead of making videos that only spark more drama, I think there would be some change.