Sign in to follow this  
AdamBRT

Pokemon Sun And Moon

AdamBRT    421

The second trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon came out today and this seriously got me hyped up for it. 

Still don't know which copy to get though Sun or Moon, but either way it looks like a great game. 

fQf56KX.png

WLF0x3u.png

7F6HGC6.png

(Thank you Grant/GoldenGhost for images)

Rowlet is probably gonna be my starter, Litten will become Fire/dark type and sorry to all the water type users. 

EU will be released on the 23rd of November  :cry:

And trainer customisation is back yay :lol:

So share your thoughts on what you think about the new Pokemon Sun and Moon.

What will be your starters?

• Upvote 3

daikonboy101    406

Rowlet is looking like an obvious pick for me at the moment. I am interested in the seal things evolutions, they'll probably be better than Rowlets...

Legendaries look lame (when aren't they?). Moon one less so.

Stoked tho.

Edited by daikonboy101

Chris    1,202

Rowlet is looking like an obvious pick for me at the moment. I am interested in the seal things evolutions, they'll probably be better than Rowlets...

Legendaries look lame (when aren't they?). Moon one less so.

Stoked tho.

That Lion is a beast. I love it.

So happy to see customisation back. Also happy to see some more realistic proportions and animations to character models. Pokemon is slowly becoming the game I always dreamed it would be as a kid. The new starters look great, too. Litten is probably going to end up the most popular (unless its evolutions suck), and its probably going to be my pick, too.

With this and Monster Hunter Generations releasing later this year, it looks like I'll be playing 3DS a lot again soon.

GoldenGhost    2,058

Who else is picking the superior MOON VERSION here?

Also Litten is my favorite out of the starters' first evolutions and I anticipate him having a really wild final evolution too. I wonder what typing Litten and Pipplio will have in their final evolutions.

I love the tropical theme to the new region too, it looks like the region consists of multiple islands so that's pretty neat. Not really digging the name "Alola" but I can't wait to see more of what the new world looks like.

• Upvote 1

Morg    1,515

Sun version or bust.

Also Rowlet is the MVP, never forget.

...did I miss something or was there no "Certain elements are in 2D" label in the bottom of the video? Are we finally getting a fully-3D Pokemon game?

Sun version or bust.

Also Rowlet is the MVP, never forget.

...did I miss something or was there no "Certain elements are in 2D" label in the bottom of the video? Are we finally getting a fully-3D Pokemon game?

well I guess that means I'm getting Moon version rip all of the lion king puns I could've made

I'm probably not going to choose Rowlet just because grass flying is literally one of the worst types in the game. It'd be better if the dropped the flying at some point in the evolution in trade for something that benefits a grass type better, either that or they buffed the type in some way or gave it an ability that makes up for its horrible matchups. Edgelord (er, Litten) looks pretty dope, wondering what its secondary type will be (inb4 fire/fighting.) I hope Popplio gets some amazing stats or ability to make everyone who bashed on it feel bad about themselves, or gets a real sweet evolution line with a good secondary typing. I think the sun legend is pretty neat, lion king puns etc. Moon legend is also the competitor for Edgelord, but kinda looks more like a shower curtain with a head or something. My biggest hope for this region is that we get some more fire types because they're quite scarce for some reason (I mean the original gen 3 had about 3 pokemon evolution lines that had fire as a type in there) Considering that this is a more tropical region I hope we can get some more diverse or really unique pokemon typings. Another hope for the region is that difficulty setting from B2/W2, and make it more "difficult" in the sense that you would get the whole pokemon experience in different ways based on the difficulty you chose. Anyone else got any hopes for this new gen?

Scaler193    898

Superior SUN VERSION reporting in. Glory to the sun and all that it brings! Can't wait to start stomping moon users left and right with the power of the light!

Also Rowlet is the cutest starter there, but I have high hopes for Popplio and I don't think it looks all that bad either. It's grown on me a little and its bubble magic tricks are pretty neat.

Finally I think that this might be a strong contender for a great pokemon game. I don't really have any source or reason to say why, but I'm feeling a lot more pumped for this game than I was for X/Y. I had my fun with Y, but it was for sure one of my less exciting pokemon runs. Also seeing how I didn't even pick up ORAS, and many people just dropped the game I'm hoping Sun/Moon picks up! The region seems pretty cool, and the pokemon are looking pretty neat so far.

• Upvote 2

Moon version looks pretty chill

i think i'd get that popplio thing

it looks pretty cute

on the other hand all of these guys look adorbs

but i can't wait to see their Evolved forms! 

daikonboy101    406

I'm probably not going to choose Rowlet just because grass flying is literally one of the worst types in the game.

Another hope for the region is that difficulty setting from B2/W2, and make it more "difficult" in the sense that you would get the whole pokemon experience in different ways based on the difficulty you chose. Anyone else got any hopes for this new gen?

Are you really going to pick your starter based on it's type? I ride or die looks in Pokemon.

About the difficulty thing: I really hope that they don't make you have to unlock the difficulty setting. As much as I love Pokemon, I have a hard time playing through them twice, so I'd like my one playthrough to be the most challenging version of the game.

Also, does everybody really like the lion thing? I thought he looked like kinda lame, but I can't tell cool from loserville. All I know is cute, fabulous and stupid/dumb looking things, and that's all I ever acknowledge.

GoldenGhost    2,058

Also, does everybody really like the lion thing? I thought he looked like kinda lame, but I can't tell cool from loserville. All I know is cute, fabulous and stupid/dumb looking things, and that's all I ever acknowledge.

I think the lion is fine, but moon bat is way cooler

Also supposedly there's gonna be more info coming on Saturday, don't get your hopes too high though

King    47

It's sad, but Pokemon is going downhill. The last good generation was IV. Now the content is released too frequently and is getting watered down.

AdamBRT    421

It's sad, but Pokemon is going downhill. The last good generation was IV. Now the content is released too frequently and is getting watered down.

I also thought that with Black and White, and then again with Black 2 and White 2 so I stopped playing at Pearl. But I gotta say in my opinion I thought they brought it back with Pokemon X and Y, which has made me super stoked for Pokemon Sun and Moon.  

daikonboy101    406

They've actually given these games a decent amount of time. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out two years ago, and they used the same engine as X and Y (this seems to too) and there was no new Pokemon added in them. That basically means that there has been 3 years between major Pokemon game releases. 

The gap between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was only 3 years too, so it has little to nothing to do with the frequency.

However, people do say that the new Pokemon's designs are uninspired/"bad" and, though I don't think that myself, I can see why they'd be pushed away from Pokemon because of it.

EDIT: The gap between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was actually closer to four years (February 1996, and November 1999, respectively). That still ain't all that much different though.

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

AdamBRT    421

I agree, the gap between Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire was only 3 years with more Pokemon being added than Gold and Silver in a shorter space. I also thought that Ruby and Sapphire had really cool designs, maybe better designs than Gold and Silver for some. 

However like I said previously there were some badly designed Pokemon in B&W/B2&W2

250px-583Vanillish.png

daikonboy101    406

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LIKE THAT POKEMON?

I'll admit that it technically doesn't make any sense because Pokemon were around before ice cream, but it's still a cool Pokemon (in  my opinion).

Then again, Unknown also exists which was supposed to have inspired the alphabet in their world (I'm guessing), and their alphabet is the exact same as ours, so that doesn't really make any sense. If they were to make it make sense then the text in the world of Pokemon wouldn't make any sense because Unknown wouldn't look like the letters we see in our world. Either that or Unknown evolved to look like the alphabet.

If the people in the world of Pokemon based their alphabet (the same as ours) on a type of Pokemon, is it that far fetched to think they based a treat (which we have in our world) on a Pokemon too?

Case and point: animal crackers.

I try my best to defend this Pokemon. It's easier than defending Garbodor. I love Garbodor for no reason.

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

AdamBRT    421

I was literally deciding whether to put Garbodor or Vanillish in the spoiler hahahaha.

If I stuck Vanillish into anything else it would be a bad design, replace the Slime's from Dragon Quest with Vanillish, or if it was a person from the DBZ universe and originates from Planet Frieza 79 people would say it is a bad design.

(Sorry couldn't resist making a joke about Frieza and Ice cream :-P)

EDIT: Although comparing it to other games isn't the brightest move because there have been many games where enemies have ridiculous and bad designs  

Edited by AdamBRT

daikonboy101    406

I was literally deciding whether to put Garbodor or Vanillish in the spoiler hahahaha.

If I stuck Vanillish into anything else it would be a bad design, replace the Slime's from Dragon Quest with Vanillish, or if it was a person from the DBZ universe and originates from Planet Frieza 79 people would say it is a bad design.

(Sorry couldn't resist making a joke about Frieza and Ice cream :-P)

EDIT: Although comparing it to other games isn't the brightest move because there have been many games where enemies have ridiculous and bad designs  

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I think the main problem is that people always compare the new generations of Pokemon to old generations of Pokemon, and the old generations are guilty of lots of things the new generations guilty of too.

Like Hitmonchan, which, for some reason, evolves to have red glove-hands, and a belt, and shoes, and clothing.

They also, in my opinion, seemed more boring (particularly first/second generations), or at least a lot of the evolutions were:

There was Ekans who was just a snake. There was Pidgey who was a bird. There was Magnemite, which was pretty cool... Then he "evolved" into three Magnemites which is actually just, like... Hermaphroditic breeding (this was improved in gen 4 with Magnezone). There was Grimer, who was also cool, then he turned into a bigger Grimer. 

Then again, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, because I like Caterpie/Butterfree which is literally a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

And Vanillish, who turns into a double Vanillish with a straw.

BUT OF COURSE, there is also Pokemon I do like in Gen 1 (Snorlax, Ditto, Jigglypuff, Dragonite) and Pokemon I don't like in Gen 5/6

(Pyroar, Gogoat, those bloody pan/simi monkey things).

TL;DR: It's less about bad design and more about opinions.. (THIS RULE ONLY WORKS IN POKEMON, BTW, BECAUSE I SAY SO)

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

GoldenGhost    2,058

Brand new trailer with some weird insights into the new game.

The legendaries's typings are both kinda bad tbh, but Psychic/Ghost is def a cooler combination than Fire/Steel in my opinion. Moonbros win again :-)

Wait a minute Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel? I mean I can see the logic behind that but cmon

Rotom Pokedex is the coolest thing I saw from this though, Rotom is one of my favorites from Sinnoh and this is a really clever idea. Seeing him talk to us and the implication that it'll let us talk to our Pokemon seems a little funky though...I'm curious to hear more about what that's all about.

Also, will we get to use the Rotom in battle? What is its typing? Any special moves and abilities? Can it switch to other forms?

Now that we get some official full-body trainer art, we can clearly see the trainers wearing bracelets with diamond-shaped jewels on them...

iuPOpyA.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this

Finally I think there needs to be some analysis done on this Alola map from the trailer:

Alola_alt.png

Chris    1,202

Now that we get some official full-body trainer art, we can clearly see the trainers wearing bracelets with diamond-shaped jewels on them...

iuPOpyA.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this

I don't really like the design of those watch things. I'm loving the more casual designs of all the main characters this time around, but it makes the wrist-pieces stick out like sore thumbs in comparison. It's almost like they were designed just to sell toys or something.

Overall though, my outlook for these games is still very positive (even with Solgaleo's weird typing) and I look forward to seeing more before release. :-)

daikonboy101    406

The boys shirt looks like it has a censored logo on it.

Edit: Also, too much water. 

Edit 2: ALSO it looks like it takes up about a 5th of the entire planet.

Edited by daikonboy101

Chris    1,202

The boys shirt looks like it has a censored logo on it.

Edit: Also, too much water. 

Edit 2: ALSO it looks like it takes up about a 5th of the entire planet.

If the islands/cities are as big as those in X/Y I don't think there being too much water is much of a problem for me. It fits the theme of the region pretty well imo.