Sign in to follow this  
AdamBRT

Pokemon Sun And Moon

daikonboy101    406

The boys shirt looks like it has a censored logo on it.

Edit: Also, too much water. 

Edit 2: ALSO it looks like it takes up about a 5th of the entire planet.

If the islands/cities are as big as those in X/Y I don't think there being too much water is much of a problem for me. It fits the theme of the region pretty well imo.

It's not that I don't like the idea of water, it's just that I know I'm going to have to swim through all of it, which sounds like a chore.

Also, I know that it's to block of tough areas and stuff like that, but I feel like the rocky barriers around the islands are going to limit water exploration and make it a little less cool.

AdamBRT    421

The boys shirt looks like it has a censored logo on it.

Edit: Also, too much water. 

Edit 2: ALSO it looks like it takes up about a 5th of the entire planet.

If the islands/cities are as big as those in X/Y I don't think there being too much water is much of a problem for me. It fits the theme of the region pretty well imo.

It's not that I don't like the idea of water, it's just that I know I'm going to have to swim through all of it, which sounds like a chore.

Also, I know that it's to block of tough areas and stuff like that, but I feel like the rocky barriers around the islands are going to limit water exploration and make it a little less cool.

0/10 IGN Too much water

• Upvote 4

Dexide    360

Sun/Rowlet master race. I mean, he has a little leaf bow tie, you guys. Come on.

I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game in a while. The last one I played was Black & White so I think this new one will have 2 gens that are entirely new to me.

I agree with daikon about too much water. Hopefully you learn fly early in this game because going back and forth in that water is gonna suuuuck.

• Upvote 1

Chris    1,200

Sun/Rowlet master race. I mean, he has a little leaf bow tie, you guys. Come on.

I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game in a while. The last one I played was Black & White so I think this new one will have 2 gens that are entirely new to me.

I agree with daikon about too much water. Hopefully you learn fly early in this game because going back and forth in that water is gonna suuuuck.

If you missed all the awesome new features & additions that made X/Y great I think Sun/Moon is going to knock your socks off.

I mean, if the game turns out to be good, of course.

• Upvote 1

Mangle    399

Who else is picking the superior MOON VERSION here?

Also Litten is my favorite out of the starters' first evolutions and I anticipate him having a really wild final evolution too. I wonder what typing Litten and Pipplio will have in their final evolutions.

I love the tropical theme to the new region too, it looks like the region consists of multiple islands so that's pretty neat. Not really digging the name "Alola" but I can't wait to see more of what the new world looks like.

I'm a Moon woman myself. Litten is also my favorite out of the 3, though Rowlet is awesome too, especially the fact it can rotate its head 180 degrees. I originally wasn't going to get this one, but Battle Royale sold me on it. Can't wait to face all of you with my level 100 Litten. :-D

daikonboy101    406

This is gonna sound hard to believe but I DON'T like the new Pokemon.

Except Drampa. He's going straight into my team. He's a normal type. Why.

Chris    1,200

This is gonna sound hard to believe but I DON'T like the new Pokemon.

Except Drampa. He's going straight into my team. He's a normal type. Why.

Drampa is like the silliest looking one so far imo...except maybe Charjabug...but its evo is cool so I'm going to overlook it.

Here's the trailer since no one posted it yet:

Hazard    394

I have a gut feeling that Minior is the evolutionary chain for this region's pseudo-legendary. Also, I hope that the callable pokemon replaces HMs.

Scaler193    898

So like it hasn't been discussed in awhile. BUT HOT DAMN THOSE ULTRA BEASTS WHAT ARE THEY?

pokemon_sun_moon_exclusive_ultra_beasts-

What are these things? Apparently we can not catch them because they aren't technically Pokmeon, but we can battle them with Pokemon? My personal opinion is that trainers can somehow transform into these Ultra Beasts. Maybe your playable trainer will be able to as well?

GoldenGhost    2,058
1 hour ago, True213 said:

The returning trainers look awesome! Can't wait to battle Red and Blue!

Also that Guardian of Alola attack looks pretty crazy, there's gotta be some interesting lore behind that. It's awesome that we won't have to wait much longer for this game!

• Upvote 1

Dexide    360

Yeauch, I don't like any of the final starter forms.

But Cosmog looks dope. Hopefully that one's part of a 3-stage evolution.

Give me Gaslaxy.

• Upvote 2

Mangle    399

Litten was such a great looking Pokémon until that final form. The other final forms look great though. For the first time since I started playing Pokémon, I will not be picking a fire starter. I'm going with grass instead. Asides the fact Litten's final form is terrible, Rowlet reminds me of my boyfriend in a lot of ways. :wub: Also getting Tapu Fini and Cosmog if I can because how can I resist Pokémon that have my 2 favorite colors together and in the case of Cosgmog, SSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenGhost    2,058
4 hours ago, Dexide said:

I'm feeling this for sure, I think I'm gonna be picking Litten but not evolving him into his final evolution. Fire cat is too rad.

• Upvote 2

I read a bit into the leaks and I'm gonna confirm some things and give a bit of insight on what's cool and what isn't. (I think my reply for Dexide is the only reply that I made that's semi-spoilery.)

On 10/27/2016 at 10:18 PM, Dexide said:

But Cosmog looks dope. Hopefully that one's part of a 3-stage evolution.

Give me Gaslaxy.

I'm gonna let your imagination run wild with the latter of the two things you said here. However with the former, while cosmog looks pretty cool it can only learn splash and teleport. Even magikarp can learn tackle at some point, but this can't.

Mangle's post

On 10/28/2016 at 1:41 AM, Mangle said:

Litten was such a great looking Pokémon until that final form. The other final forms look great though. For the first time since I started playing Pokémon, I will not be picking a fire starter. I'm going with grass instead. Asides the fact Litten's final form is terrible, Rowlet reminds me of my boyfriend in a lot of ways. :wub: Also getting Tapu Fini and Cosmog if I can because how can I resist Pokémon that have my 2 favorite colors together and in the case of Cosgmog, SSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I have to agree, Litten and Torracat are pretty baller, and where I disagree that he doesn't look good, I have to say based on his movepool and stats that he goes from shaping up nicely to "O-o-ohhhhh.... okayyyyyy..." Also have to say that Decidueye is the best starter, because its a pretty decent mixed attacker. I think you run into Tapu Fini regardless (I haven't looked into the story of the game so take this with a grain of salt) because they're part of the island ceremonies or whatever, being the guardian deities and all, and Cosmog is for sure a story related mon since in the trailer it showed it with Lillie or whoever she is.

Grant's post

On 10/28/2016 at 3:19 AM, GoldenGhost said:

I'm feeling this for sure, I think I'm gonna be picking Litten but not evolving him into his final evolution (because secretly I have horrible tastes in mons). Fire cat is too rad.

eh, Torracat is much faster than Incineroar, for sure. But he's also a lot weaker. Do what you want, I guess. Meanwhile I'll be over here using the best shell smasher mon in the series once the game comes out. Good luck with trying to run Todegemaru in any way possible with that 70 defense. 

Overall, gen 7 has really interesting mons, some aren't as good as others, but there are some real gems that you can find without really digging that hard. If I could recommend a few mons, Bruxish, Minior, Bewear, Comfey, Salandit, and Tsareena all have interesting, if not outright amazing movesets and playstyles.

Edited by I can't play Mother 3
  • Upvote 1

Morg    1,515

I got Pokemon Moon (wanted Sun, but my brother wanted Sun very badly) and I'm really enjoying it so far, despite only playing for ten minutes. The general UI and stuff is way more stylized and there's a big emphasis on story this time, kinda like gen 5's Black and White (best gen if we're being honest with ourselves.)

Will play more and destroy you dorks with Rowlet. Come at me scrublords, I'm ripped.

Mangle    399
On 11/18/2016 at 0:59 AM, Morg said:

I got Pokemon Moon (wanted Sun, but my brother wanted Sun very badly) and I'm really enjoying it so far, despite only playing for ten minutes. The general UI and stuff is way more stylized and there's a big emphasis on story this time, kinda like gen 5's Black and White (best gen if we're being honest with ourselves.)

Will play more and destroy you dorks with Rowlet. Come at me scrublords, I'm ripped.

What a coincidence. I also got Pokemon Moon and chosen Rowlet as my starter. I spent nearly 13 hours playing it yesterday and I will be looking forward to destroying you with my Decidueye and possibly my Snorlax or Greninja. :-P

Morg    1,515

Nobody's posted here in a while. What's up with that?

Anyways I'm pretty close to beating the League, and I got myself a shiny Grubbin, which I made into a Vikavolt:

c0750eb100bdbc82926a179007e8ed4e47f405ef_hq.jpg

CYBERCHASE

Mangle    399
28 minutes ago, Morg said:

Nobody's posted here in a while. What's up with that?

Anyways I'm pretty close to beating the League, and I got myself a shiny Grubbin, which I made into a Vikavolt:

c0750eb100bdbc82926a179007e8ed4e47f405ef_hq.jpg

CYBERCHASE

I was going to put up some trade offers a while ago, but nobody seemed to have posted since I did about 10 days ago and I did not want to double post just to put some trade offers out there, so.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Close to beating the League, eh? I already did that days ago. I will admit, even though I was allowed to choose the order I faced the Elite 4, I still had a tough time getting through them all. The final battle is even harder. I took a whole day after I got to the Elite 4 just to train my Pokémon to the point where I can barely beat them and become champion.

Shiny Grubbin? Did you get it from a Wonder Trade or did you happen to catch one yourself? I just so happened to get a Shiny Araquanid from a Wonder Trade. I don't have a good screen capturing tool, so I'll have to take a photo of it from my phone and upload a picture of it from there. I'll likely either edit this post once it goes up or make an entirely new one to show the shiny off.

Edit: Pic now included at the bottom of this post.

Since I'm posting here again, might as well put up some trade offers now. I have the following Pokémon up for trade (I will not be Wonder Trading these):

Rowlet (x2)

Litten

Scyther

Samurot

Popplio

I don't really have in mind a Pokémon I would like in return, so that can be negotiated if someone is interested in any of these Pokémon I have for trade.

tmp_9396-20161126_125330_crop_532x665-910395790.jpg

Edited by Mangle
  • Upvote 1

Morg    1,515
1 hour ago, Mangle said:

Shiny Grubbin? Did you get it from a Wonder Trade or did you happen to catch one yourself? I just so happened to get a Shiny Araquanid from a Wonder Trade.

I caught it on Route 1. Took about 30~40 minutes from encounter to capture.

Also, why would a shiny be in Wonder Trade?

• Upvote 1

Mangle    399
19 minutes ago, Morg said:

I caught it on Route 1. Took about 30~40 minutes from encounter to capture.

Also, why would a shiny be in Wonder Trade?

Route 1? You're lucky. I've been catching Pokémon specifically from Poni Plains for quite a while in order to get some new and foreign Pokémon from Wonder Trades and I have not ran into a single shiny yet.

I honestly have no idea why a shiny would be in a Wonder Trade, but I remember when I was Wonder Trading in Pokémon X, I got a Shiny Palkia. I guess if I have some advice to give, it's to keep Wonder Trading over and over again for hundreds maybe thousands of times, and eventually somebody will be nice enough to give you a shiny. 

Edited by Mangle

Morg    1,515

I was just grinding to level up Cyberchase and I run into a Shiny Exeggcute first try

battle.png

Why

What

How

Why

• Upvote 2