15 posts in this topic

Welcome to Jabberwock Island! This is the hottest spot for Danganronpa discussion.

uLyzbh6.jpg

Grab a cool drink and a cozy spot on the beach, and tell us about your favorite characters, chapters, story moments, music, secrets, and game in the series. Feel free to talk about your hopes for Danganronpa 3 or the upcoming anime as well, or anything you would've changed about the games that are already out.

There is only one rule on this island:

1. RESPECT HIYOKO

1. Please put ANY story or character spoilers, no matter how mild they may seem, in a spoiler tag!

I will be very strict about enforcing this, so please be courteous of others. I'd hate to have to deal out any punishments.

If you haven't played these games to completion then feel free to join us on the beach to ask questions and engage in discussion, but proceed with caution! There is a good chance this discussion will contain story spoilers for these games, but I will do my best to enforce the use of spoiler tags.

Enjoy your stay! Here's some music to start us off:

I'm not respecting Hiyoko until she respects me. You can't make me.

Anyways, I'm really excited for the upcoming anime. Which arc are you looking forward to the most?

Future Arc for me, I wanna see how it all ends.

Md3LbzJ.jpg

He has to live, guys. If he dies I'm going to cry. He's too pure for this world.

I'm not respecting Hiyoko until she respects me. You can't make me.

Anyways, I'm really excited for the upcoming anime. Which arc are you looking forward to the most?

Future Arc for me, I wanna see how it all ends.

Md3LbzJ.jpg

He has to live, guys. If he dies I'm going to cry. He's too pure for this world.

Wow harsh

I thought I would be more interested in the prequel arc for DR2 but the Future Arc actually sounds great if it's another killing game. The characters look pretty sweet too.

I'm really interested in seeing how the DR2 characters became corrupted though, I wanna see what kinds of messed-up stuff they were doing before the second killing game. I realized though that we're probably gonna see Junko again in that arc and yuuuuuck I dont want it

Also lmao @ Yasuhiro in the anime

yasuhiro.png.jpg

He's turned into a hippie Dr. Strange

I own both games and the spin-off, all on Vita.  Haven't touched them yet.  But they're rare, and I own them.  That's what really matters, I think.

I own both games and the spin-off, all on Vita.  Haven't touched them yet.  But they're rare, and I own them.  That's what really matters, I think.

At least play the main games dude, there's two anime shows and a third mainline game coming out, now's the time to jump in!

Do it for the

V I N E

I

N

E

I saw Danganronpa 2 at my GameStop. If I don't get a Vita, i'll just buy the port on Steam.

Also, I realized something.....

Danganronpa 2 End Spoiler

Mikan had the Remembering Disease in the 3rd trial, and Nagito beat the Final Dead Room as part of the 4th trial, if they figured out that they were in a simulation, wouldn't they have a higher chance of waking up? For psychological terms, sometimes the human brain can be trickrd into thinking some is true, but false. So, dveryone else died without knowing that they died in the simulation, they wouldn't wake up because they believed that to be their reality. For Danganronpa 3, I wish that they would show what they look like. I tried to figure out what each Ultimate Despair did. Here was my Idea.

Kazuichi Soda - Terrorising citizens

Akane Owari - Starvation

Sonia Nevermind - Parents to Junko (Probably death)

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu - Junko's eye (Isn't it wierd how he lost his eye in the simulatuon, and had a picture of someone with bandages over his eye. Isn't it strangely coincidental that Peko slashed his eye and lost it during the execution?)

Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamakura - The start if The Tragedy?

Mikan Tsumiki - Babies thing? (That part was wierd.....)

Nagito Komaeda - Junko's Hand

Gundham Tanaka - Hamsters? :(

I don't know. I was just theorizing.

Edited by superBRADY777

Quite a long thing about Danganronpa 2. It's a good game. 

I spoke about characters, trials and endings. I wanted to chat more directly with people about it, and I definitely would've been able to express what I was trying to say better, but I couldn't cos'f exams. Soz. And sorry that the analysis sucks.

Mikan is quite possibly the worst and most obnoxious character in anything ever.

I think that the second game hit some low, low lows in characters... There's Mikan, Akane, Teruteru, Fuyuhiko. Until the last couple of chapters at which point some of the characters actually gains a second dimension and become interesting people (-Fuyuhiko, who was developed but I still REALLY did not like, +Chiaki who was dead at that point, but still got WAY better before she died).

Chiaki I was actually impressed by how much they made me like her, at the start she was saying the most cringey "gamer" stuff I've ever heard, and everything that was ever said about her in the first one or two chapters made me seize up. Then at some point, they decided to move her away from exclusively talking about videogames and actually be interesting.

In terms of trials, they were almost all amazing. 

Trial 1: I think that it was very easy, to figure out, and a decent way to open the game... Still could've been a bit harder, though. I knew who it was pretty quickly. Glad that Teruteru died, though.

Trial 2: Is this the case with that bit where somebody fills a swimsuit with gravel? That was stupid and bad. That's the kind of thing that almost ruins cases.

Also, this is kind of a character thing, but finding out that Peko was just, like, "a weapon" as she insisted in saying repeatedly just made me frustrated and felt like they were demolishing her entire character up until that point.

Trial 3: This case was very smart. The whole hiding the time of death thing was very creative, and the camera thing was very cool too.

Glad that Mikan died.

Trial 4: I pretty much got this one as soon as I saw Nekomaru's button on the back of his neck. I'm almost positive that one of the questions (The one that asks you were the weapon room thing was) was iffy, but maybe I'm just an idiot. The building structure thing was very smart, but it was kinda like they were hiding information from us...

Was actually a little sad to see both of these characters die. Nekomaru, though he was all "I WANNA TAKE A SH****T!" at the start (which was funny at first, but got tiring quite quickly), he calmed that chat down once he took a big one during the first murder. After that I actually started to like him quite a bit, especially when he became a robot.

Gundham, again, was annoying at the start, but I warmed to as it went on.

Trial 5: THIS ONE WAS SO COOL. I got so outplayed, and I didn't feel cheated either. The whole case seemed very Nagito, 't'was rad.

BUT MONOMI!

Ending: It was trash. Oh, it was in a computer program? Oh, well, I guess anything could've happened, and some bologna certainly did. Just generally a very unsatisfying ending.

@superbrady

I saw Danganronpa 2 at my GameStop. If I don't get a Vita, i'll just buy the port on Steam.

Also, I realized something.....

Mikan had the Remembering Disease in the 3rd trial, and Nagito beat the Final Dead Room as part of the 4th trial, if they figured out that they were in a simulation, wouldn't they have a higher chance of waking up? For psychological terms, sometimes the buman brain can be trickrd into thinking some is true, but false. So, dveryone else died without knowing that they died in the simulation, they wouldn't wake up because they believed that to be their reality.

That actually makes sense, that's like having a lucid dream. The fact that they wouldn't wake up relied on the assumption that their brains believed they were murdered, and that wouldn't be the case for them. Makes me wonder if Nagito will return for Danganronpa 3...

The question though is how far did Mikan and Nagito figure things out? Mikan may have remembered her past, and Nagito could've realized that they were all Ultimate Despair, but I don't remember if they ever realized they were in a virtual simulation. That seems pretty important, they could've figured out who they really were but still not known that they were in a simulation. I don't really know

I tried to figure out what each Ultimate Despair did. Here was my Idea.
Kazuichi Soda - Terrorising citizens
Akane Owari - Starvation
Sonia Nevermind - Parents to Junko (Probably death)
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu - Junko's eye (Isn't it wierd how he lost his eye in the simulatuon, and had a picture of someone with bandages over his eye. Isn't it strangely coincidental that Peko slashed his eye and lost it during the execution?)
Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamakura - The start if The Tragedy?
Mikan Tsumiki - Babies thing? (That part was wierd.....)
Nagito Komaeda - Junko's Hand
Gundham Tanaka - Hamsters? :(
I don't know. I was just theorizing.

So iirc, the five things that Makoto spoke of Ultimate Despair doing in the real world were terrorizing citizens, starving themselves, killing their parents, taking Junko's eye, and of course the messed up stuff with Junko's corpse. I've seen a lot of theories say that these things line up with each of the survivors in the same way you said them, with Akane starving and Sonia killing her family and Fuyuhiko stealing Junko's eye and Kazuichi terrorizing people, except that would leave Hajime as the one to do the messed up stuff to Junko's corpse. Good stuff.

Can't say for sure what everyone else did, but it's fun to imagine. Peko was probably slicing people up according to Fuyuhiko's orders, I can picture Teruteru butchering people up or doing something super weird like baking Junko into food so people could eat her. Mahiru... beat people over the head with her camera? Took pictures and built a Despair scrapbook? I'm really interested to learn about it all in the upcoming anime.

@daikonboy

Mikan is quite possibly the worst and most obnoxious character in anything ever.
I think that the second game hit some low, low lows in characters... There's Mikan, Akane, Teruteru, Fuyuhiko. Until the last couple of chapters at which point some of the characters actually gains a second dimension and become interesting people (-Fuyuhiko, who was developed but I still REALLY did not like, +Chiaki who was dead at that point, but still got WAY better before she died).

Chiaki I was actually impressed by how much they made me like her, at the start she was saying the most cringey "gamer" stuff I've ever heard, and everything that was ever said about her in the first one or two chapters made me seize up. Then at some point, they decided to move her away from exclusively talking about videogames and actually be interesting.

Sounds like we share the same general opinions on characters

I don't think Mikan is quite as awful as you do (and Junko is way worse IMO) but I absolutely hated her by the end of Chapter 3. It's a shame too cuz she was one of my favorite characters during Chapter 3 when she was helping and healing all of the Despair Disease victims. But murdering two innocent people for no reason and then throwing a temper tantrum about it is just pathetic.

Akane was one-dimensional as heck and had no redeeming qualities. Apparently her character was changed at the last moment during production, so at least it's understandable why her character was kinda lame, but I still didn't like her

I didn't like Teruteru either but he at least had a little more depth, and he died so early that we didn't really get to learn more about him. His motive for attending Hope's Peak was nice, and his talent was pretty cool, but he was a complete douche in every other aspect

Fuyuhiko before and during Chapter 2 is a wimp, he was responsible for two innocent people dying just because he couldn't man up and tell Peko how he felt. After Chapter 2 though he starts to get a lot better, he tries to improve despite the huge burden he has to carry now and by the end of the game he's changed for the better and he was the key player in solving the Funhouse murder, so I can give him credit for that.

And I agree that Chiaki seemed like a boring "waifu gamer girl" character to me at first, but damn she really had more to her and she was one of my favorites by the end.

In terms of trials, they were almost all amazing. 

Trial 1: I think that it was very easy, to figure out, and a decent way to open the game... Still could've been a bit harder, though. I knew who it was pretty quickly. Glad that Teruteru died, though.

Trial 2: Is this the case with that bit where somebody fills a swimsuit with gravel? That was stupid and bad. That's the kind of thing that almost ruins cases.
Also, this is kind of a character thing, but finding out that Peko was just, like, "a weapon" as she insisted in saying repeatedly just made me frustrated and felt like they were demolishing her entire character up until that point.

Trial 3: This case was very smart. The whole hiding the time of death thing was very creative, and the camera thing was very cool too.
Glad that Mikan died.

Trial 4: I pretty much got this one as soon as I saw Nekomaru's button on the back of his neck. I'm almost positive that one of the questions (The one that asks you were the weapon room thing was) was iffy, but maybe I'm just an idiot. The building structure thing was very smart, but it was kinda like they were hiding information from us...
Was actually a little sad to see both of these characters die. Nekomaru, though he was all "I WANNA TAKE A SH****T!" at the start (which was funny at first, but got tiring quite quickly), he calmed that chat down once he took a big one during the first murder. After that I actually started to like him quite a bit, especially when he became a robot.

Trial 5: THIS ONE WAS SO COOL. I got so outplayed, and I didn't feel cheated either. The whole case seemed very Nagito, 't'was rad.
BUT MONOMI!

Ending: It was trash. Oh, it was in a computer program? Oh, well, I guess anything could've happened, and some bologna certainly did. Just generally a very unsatisfying ending.

Dang we share a lot of the same opinions on trials too

I was convinced Nagito committed the murder in Trial 1 and it looked like I was right, but I didn't expect Teruteru to actually be the culprit. And it was even a complete accident too.

Gravel in swimsuit was torture
And I agree completely about Peko, I thought Peko was super cool up until that point but painting her as a serial killer (wtf?) and then painting her again as a tool with no free will of her own felt like a terrible way to end her character arc.

Trial 3 was my least favorite though, I knew it was Mikan from the start although I hadn't figured out how she faked everything so it was interesting to learn about that. Figuring out the "camera angle" thing was annoying

The most annoying thing about Chapter 4 to me was how easy to predict everything about the trial was gonna go from the moment they entered the Funhouse. Oh, Nekomaru is a robot now and he has a bunch of weird rules about how he functions? Strawberry Tower and Grape Tower are the same room and also have a bunch of weird rules about how it functions? The rooms everyone is staying in all have different properties and rules to them? Hmmm those details definitely won't be important to pay attention to
I wasn't able to predict the murderer though. I really liked Gundham too so I was devastated when I realized it was him, although I really appreciated that murder because Gundham stuck to his character until the very end and justified his murder very reasonably. Nekomaru was tough about it too.

Trial 5 takes the cake for best murder though. I was ecstatic to see Nagito dead because I hated his guts by that point, but using his own death for such a diabolical scheme was great and made me like him a lot more.

And yeah I can agree that the ending twist made me feel a little unsatisfied at first but they were able to explain and justify it pretty well. I just hated having to put up with Junko and her multiple personality bulls*** for an entire trial again, uuuuggggghh
Overall it was not a bad ending though, seeing the old characters again was kinda cool. Hajime finding the right choice to make with Chiaki's help and then going super saiyan was pretty rad too.

Glad that Mikan died.

Trial 4: The building structure thing was very smart, but it was kinda like they were hiding information from us...

1. I was fine with Mikan, honestly. Her "despair disease" state was stupid, I agree, but before then she's alright. Too bad /v/ has awful taste in girls, we all know who the real winner is.

BuckrA4.png

2. Akane didn't stand out because of one major factor; she was originally Hajime's rival instead of Nagito, and would lash out and make the trials more difficult. They decided to give the rival status to Nagito and failed to give Akane a new personality, and as a result she's not a good character.
  3. Don't be so harsh on Fuyuhik-bro, he's pretty awesome when you take the time to talk to him and stuff.
  4. It's hard to take your opinion on Chiaki seriously because she was designed from the start to be waifu-bait. That's really all I have to say about her.
  5. I agree, the whole trial could have been way better, especially with how they handled the swimsuit. If they adjusted the camera angle like with the second trial in the first game to make the object of interest more obvious, it probably would have been easier. Also, Peko was being stupidly hard on herself, and yeah that really bothered me, but Fuyuhiko clearly didn't think that, so it's kind of her own fault.
  6. It felt incomplete, as it was. Only reason Hiyoko died was because the original second victim was Fuyuhiko and if he died, it would render Peko's sacrifice worthless, so she paid the price. But since the decision was so late in development, they didn't really implement Hiyoko into the case at all and her two cutscenes were heavily rushed, not matching the quality of the other cutscenes.
  7. That was the point. They wanted to keep the building structure a secret so the elevator gimmick wasn't obvious. Also Gundham is a hero.
  8. YyXf9Lo.png
  9. I mean I guess it's not as grand as the first game's ending, but we got to see Hajime become a super saiyan, and it revealed that he was the trigger to the Tragedy that Junko needed. I was okay with the ending.

Glad that Mikan died.

Trial 4: The building structure thing was very smart, but it was kinda like they were hiding information from us...

1. I was fine with Mikan, honestly. Her "despair disease" state was stupid, I agree, but before then she's alright. Too bad /v/ has awful taste in girls, we all know who the real winner is.

BuckrA4.png

3. Akane didn't stand out because of one major factor; she was originally Hajime's rival instead of Nagito, and would lash out and make the trials more difficult. They decided to give the rival status to Nagito and failed to give Akane a new personality, and as a result she's not a good character.
  5. Don't be so harsh on Fuyuhik-bro, he's pretty awesome when you take the time to talk to him and stuff.
  7. It's hard to take your opinion on Chiaki seriously because she was designed from the start to be waifu-bait. That's really all I have to say about her.
  9. I agree, the whole trial could have been way better, especially with how they handled the swimsuit. If they adjusted the camera angle like with the second trial in the first game to make the object of interest more obvious, it probably would have been easier. Also, Peko was being stupidly hard on herself, and yeah that really bothered me, but Fuyuhiko clearly didn't think that, so it's kind of her own fault.
  11. It felt incomplete, as it was. Only reason Hiyoko died was because the original second victim was Fuyuhiko and if he died, it would render Peko's sacrifice worthless, so she paid the price. But since the decision was so late in development, they didn't really implement Hiyoko into the case at all and her two cutscenes were heavily rushed, not matching the quality of the other cutscenes.
  13. That was the point. They wanted to keep the building structure a secret so the elevator gimmick wasn't obvious. Also Gundham is a hero.
  15. YyXf9Lo.png
  17. I mean I guess it's not as grand as the first game's ending, but we got to see Hajime become a super saiyan, and it revealed that he was the trigger to the Tragedy that Junko needed. I was okay with the ending.

Character stuff:

I thought Mikan's - I guess fake - personality, was very obnoxious and even though it was clearly ironically being like "Oh yeah, look, she's all cookie and sexy", it was still pretty infuriating.

I would say that Chiaki is total waifu bait, but and I hated that part of her, as I said. Whenever she spoke about games I hated her, but during trials and when she wasn't talking about games, I thought she was fine. 

Also, Ibuki... Yeah... She's totally not supposed to be waifu bait either.

Anyway, I wouldn't even say Chiaki was even my favourite girl in it. That was probably Sonia, but I dunno, I can't remember if I liked her as much by the end as I did at the start.

Also also, Akane still sucks. It's not even that she has little character, that's part of it, but mainly it's that the little she had was loud, ignorant and basically a way worse version of Aoi.

Yeah, Fuyuhiko might be better if you actually talk to him. I never really did because he was mean to me and Monomi didn't like that and I love Monomi and also he was an balloon.

BUT all of this is more opinion based than anything else in the game, so whatever.

Trial stuff:

I can't remember thinking that the 3rd trial was rushed at all, but it has been a little while. I assume that the concept for the case must have been fairly similar, if not nearly the exact same, so I doubt it could have been that much worse. I remember thinking that this was one of my favourite trials until Mikan snapped during the questioning at which point I was like "okay, I'd prefer this game if you were already dead".

I probably would've prefered to see Fuyuhiko die over Hiyoko, because it would've been more "ULTIMATE DESPAIR" style, and I hated him.

For the 4th trial, I actually agree, and I feel like I already knew that, but decided to say it was bad anyway. I dunno why I said that. Probably because I have to be a negative nancy.

Ending stuff:

I didn't mind that they were all actually evil, that was fine it was mainly that they were in a computer program. To be honest, though, can't think of any better way they could have told the story, so whatever.

I think - and I know that this is a very overused opinion but still - that stories set within computer programs or dreams or whatever are quite lazy, generally. I just feel like they can do absolutely anything and it doesn't matter, because there was no way you could have possibly known. 

It's like: Oh, ALL of the characters were insane murderers but we didn't know about it because they were essentially put back in time and their memories were wiped? Okay, well I guess that happened then.

Whereas in the first game, there was plenty of very clear hints, such as the photos, that made us think "Hey, what if they were already here before" before they explicitly told us.

I guess you could argue that the cow turning into a chicken is a hint, but... Really? Mondo gets turned into butter in the first game. 

And if Mondo getting turned into butter was a trick, then why not the chicken/cow. 

Of course there was foreshadowing in the second game, but in a world in which we're already suspending our disbelief a LOT, hints at that they were in a program kinda just came off as entertainment.

This game's good.

Edited by daikonboy101

Glad that Mikan died.

BuckrA4.png

3. Akane didn't stand out because of one major factor; she was originally Hajime's rival instead of Nagito, and would lash out and make the trials more difficult. They decided to give the rival status to Nagito and failed to give Akane a new personality, and as a result she's not a good character.
  5. Don't be so harsh on Fuyuhik-bro, he's pretty awesome when you take the time to talk to him and stuff.
  7. It's hard to take your opinion on Chiaki seriously because she was designed from the start to be waifu-bait. That's really all I have to say about her.
  9. I agree, the whole trial could have been way better, especially with how they handled the swimsuit. If they adjusted the camera angle like with the second trial in the first game to make the object of interest more obvious, it probably would have been easier. Also, Peko was being stupidly hard on herself, and yeah that really bothered me, but Fuyuhiko clearly didn't think that, so it's kind of her own fault.
  11. It felt incomplete, as it was. Only reason Hiyoko died was because the original second victim was Fuyuhiko and if he died, it would render Peko's sacrifice worthless, so she paid the price. But since the decision was so late in development, they didn't really implement Hiyoko into the case at all and her two cutscenes were heavily rushed, not matching the quality of the other cutscenes.
  13. That was the point. They wanted to keep the building structure a secret so the elevator gimmick wasn't obvious. Also Gundham is a hero.
  15. YyXf9Lo.png
  17. I mean I guess it's not as grand as the first game's ending, but we got to see Hajime become a super saiyan, and it revealed that he was the trigger to the Tragedy that Junko needed. I was okay with the ending.

Character stuff:

I thought Mikan's - I guess fake - personality, was very obnoxious and even though it was clearly ironically being like "Oh yeah, look, she's all cookie and sexy", it was still pretty infuriating.

I would say that Chiaki is total waifu bait, but and I hated that part of her, as I said. Whenever she spoke about games I hated her, but during trials and when she wasn't talking about games, I thought she was fine. 

Also, Ibuki... Yeah... She's totally not supposed to be waifu bait either.

Anyway, I wouldn't even say Chiaki was even my favourite girl in it. That was probably Sonia, but I dunno, I can't remember if I liked her as much by the end as I did at the start.

Also also, Akane still sucks. It's not even that she has little character, that's part of it, but mainly it's that the little she had was loud, ignorant and basically a way worse version of Aoi.

Yeah, Fuyuhiko might be better if you actually talk to him. I never really did because he was mean to me and Monomi didn't like that and I love Monomi and also he was an balloon.

BUT all of this is more opinion based than anything else in the game, so whatever.

Trial stuff:

I can't remember thinking that the 3rd trial was rushed at all, but it has been a little while. I assume that the concept for the case must have been fairly similar, if not nearly the exact same, so I doubt it could have been that much worse. I remember thinking that this was one of my favourite trials until Mikan snapped during the questioning at which point I was like "okay, I'd prefer this game if you were already dead".

I probably would've prefered to see Fuyuhiko die over Hiyoko, because it would've been more "ULTIMATE DESPAIR" style, and I hated him.

For the 4th trial, I actually agree, and I feel like I already knew that, but decided to say it was bad anyway. I dunno why I said that. Probably because I have to be a negative nancy.

Ending stuff:

I didn't mind that they were all actually evil, that was fine it was mainly that they were in a computer program. To be honest, though, can't think of any better way they could have told the story, so whatever.

I think - and I know that this is a very overused opinion but still - that stories set within computer programs or dreams or whatever are quite lazy, generally. I just feel like they can do absolutely anything and it doesn't matter, because there was no way you could have possibly known. 

It's like: Oh, ALL of the characters were insane murderers but we didn't know about it because they were essentially put back in time and their memories were wiped? Okay, well I guess that happened then.

Whereas in the first game, there was plenty of very clear hints, such as the photos, that made us think "Hey, what if they were already here before" before they explicitly told us.

I guess you could argue that the cow turning into a chicken is a hint, but... Really? Mondo gets turned into butter in the first game. 

And if Mondo getting turned into butter was a trick, then why not the chicken/cow. 

Of course there was foreshadowing in the second game, but in a world in which we're already suspending our disbelief a LOT, hints at that they were in a program kinda just came off as entertainment.

This game's good.

Made a tier-list a week ago. Mostly just jokes but loosely based on my opinions. putting the link in spoilers because I think I might've said some edgy things in there that the forums can't handle.

Garbage Diver's Tier List

For anyone who didn't feel like taking the dive

-I want Hiyoko to get mauled by millions of ants

-On the bone meat meat on the bone bone on the meat meat the on bone etc

-Mahiru is a SJW

-Makoto is the most beta character I've seen

-Waifu Bait

-Actually just check out what I put down for Mikan because I don't feel like saying anything

-Meme

mfw all this unwarranted trash-talk against Hiyoko

iPqi7Nw.png

Best tier-list incoming:

(contains DR1 and DR2 spoilers)

"DID NOTHING WRONG" S-Tier:
Chihiro - passionate about programming, likes making people happy, wants to become stronger to help more people
Byakuya - tough, cool-headed, looks out for everyone, became leader of hope and justice
Chiaki - great motivational speaker, always optimistic, looks out for friends, unfortunately blatant waifu bait character (not really her fault though)
Ultimate Imposter - true friend and sworn protector, admirable devotion to talent, excellent taste in impersonation subjects (Byakuya)
Gundham - passionate about talent, never breaks character except to be humble, commits himself to resolving the Funhouse dilemma

"Absolute Bro/BFF" A-Tier:
Hiyoko - brutally honest, has good intentions, cares deeply for friends, completely innocent despite being kind of rude
Kazuichi - invites you to do bro stuff like chill at the beach and hang out with babes, but also kind of pathetic, has some minor trust issues
Ibuki - fun and vivacious, lots of funny quips, carefree and innocent, questionable whether she actually knows anything about music, can be annoying

"I'd probably hang out with you" B-Tier:
Fuyuhiko - awesome background, doesn't take crap from anyone, uses his second chance to improve himself, reckless hothead, responsible for two deaths because "muh feelings"
Hajime - cooler than Makoto, needlessly skeptical about some things
Taka - clean and confident, good role model, turns into a mild scumbag after hanging out with Mondo
Peko - loyal and trustworthy, cool-headed, only murdered because Fuyuhiko can't communicate, but then again still a murderer, questionable beliefs
Sakura - tough, noble, friendly, protective of the weak, kinda menacing-looking, killed herself :/
Sonia - polite, trustworthy, passionate about hobbies, useless ultimate talent, doesn't even give Kazuichi a chance I mean c'mon
Hina - super nice and friendly, totally innocent, kind of a ditz
Nagito - annoying voice, constantly spews meaningless tripe about hope, does some pretty dope stuff though, secretly Bakura from Yugioh
Leon - cool life goals, relatable personality, hotheaded, very poor sense of judgment, terrible liar
Celeste - cool and collected like Byakuya, likes playing games, lied about identity, manipulated and murdered Hifumi to make her weird fetish a reality
Usami/Monomi - less annoying than Monokuma and actually cares about everyone, gets treated like garbage for no reason, kind of a useless coward
Genocide Jack - more interesting and outgoing than Toko, never actually hurt anyone during killing life, loves Byakuya (but who doesnt), kind of a needless jerk

"Ehhhh..." C-Tier:
Nekomaru - helpful, supportive, loud and obnoxious, talks about gross stuff, won't stay dead despite being murdered twice
Makoto - super annoying voice, beta af, still saves the day and whatever in the end
Kyoko - sorta heroic, annoying mysterious girl detective trope, won't stop whispering in Makoto's ear
Teruteru - annoying pervert, but has an admirable motive for attending Hope's Peak, useful talent
Mahiru - sort of caring, sort of sexist, just a boring background character compared to everyone else (dat Chapter 2 bonus scene tho, hnng)
Hifumi - super passionate about his talent, relatively innocent, but also a smelly weirdo who's easily manipulated
Mondo - tough and kind of a bro, but actually a weak little baby who can't even face his past and doesn't try to improve, also dumb af. Basically a Fuyuhiko who didn't get his second chance
Mukuro - hardly know anything about her but at least she's not Junko

"Stay away from me" D-Tier:
Yasuhiro - kind of a bro but also exceptionally dumb, horrible at his own talent, probably died within 5 minutes after escaping Hope's Peak
Mikan - murdered two innocent A-tier people for literally no reason, then acts like a whiny child when people find out, extremely nice before she loses her marbles though (probably would've been A-tier)
Akane - basically a copy-paste of Hina but also a naive jerk with no common sense, causes problems for everyone, stands up for friends sometimes
Monokuma - annoying teddy bear, literally just more of Junko's bullsh**, sometimes funny
Toko - ignorant and judgmental scumbag, smelly, only validating feature is that she can stop being Toko
Sayaka - manipulative lying b****, overreacts by resorting to murder at the first sign of pressure.

"F*** JUNKO" F-Tier:
Junko - where do i even begin, dude

I hate her pompous narcissistic attitude
I hate her annoying multiple personalities with their annoying voices
I hate her complete lack of respect for anything and everyone
I hate how she's completely dishonest and doesn't hesitate to manipulate everyone for personal gain
I hate her selfish and disgusting goals
I hate how she has to hide behind "DUDE DESPAIR LMAO" as an attempt to justify everything she does, just like Mikan tried to do

And despite being the complete and utter douchebag she is, she somehow manages to mary sue her way into whatever she wants with no logical reasoning for any of it. One minute she's a sociopathic high school student, next minute she has an entire student body commit mass suicide for her (?), then she's suddenly a global warlord and tyrant (?!?), and then after she's dead she magically happens to have her entire consciousness uploaded to the digital realm as an AI. No explanations in between there because "lol who cares, please just stare at her boobs and laugh at her random personality shifts and pretend this is a well-written character"

Tl;dr She's a disgusting sociopath, she's an obnoxious brat, she's a completely unrealistic villain, and she needs to stay dead. Please just stay dead for real and never come back

the entire post

This is outrageous. It's so wrong and tasteless that I need to post mine.

nFAp7ht.png

Edited by Morg