• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
Sign in to follow this  

It's that time of year again. June 23rd is the start of the end of our wallets.

Strangely, I cannot find any 2016 videos at this time, so here are these.

Quite honestly, I don't think this will be a great sale unless they bring back the dailies, flashes, and communities. Lord Gaben shalt not take much of my wallet this time.

Quite honestly, I don't think this will be a great sale unless they bring back the dailies, flashes, and communities.

Same. The various community interaction sale offers are what made Steam summer sales so hype, but the past few years' sales have all had one lame gimmick to them and none of the other stuff.

This year has some potential though, at least for me. If I can score some good deals on Dark Souls 3, DOOM, Superhot, Towerclimb, or Disgaea, then I'll at least be content. For others I would recommend Hyper Light Drifter if you can get it for $15 or below, its really an impressive game that a lot of people seem to have overlooked.

• Upvote 2

The reason why it isn't the "end of our wallets" is because there are no flash sales anymore. You had literally 8 hours to claim one of the biggest deals on the steam market so it was impulsive buying, however all of the games now have a set price if you don't find a game on there that you want there is no waiting for a better deal.

i.e. GoldenGhosts' point

Saying that, it is the time to get the AAA titles that you wanted last year for a cheaper price such as The Witcher 3 (would recommend) and those little indie titles that are pure gems and the sale is what tips you over the edge.  

Edited by AdamBRT
  • Upvote 1

Even with flash sales, my wallet has survived the last few years worth of sales because I own so many games on Steam already.  I'm at about four-hundred, or so, right now.  So half the games that go on sale are ones I already own to begin with.

So I just bought the last of the games I will buy from this sale. Started out with $200, ended with $65. Strangely, despite the fact there were no dailies, flash or community sales, this is the most I have ever spent on a summer sale. Here's the list of everything I got from this sale. Everything I got for myself unless I note otherwise.

Amnesia *no I'm not talking about the horror game*

Atari Vault

Audiosurf 2

Battleblock Theater (sent to my boyfriend)

Bit Trip Runner Franchise Pack

Dark Souls (sent to DroppedYourPocket)

Flywrench (sent to GoldenGhost)

Freedom Planet (sent to U-Knighted)

Goat Simulator DLC *all of it*

Half Minute Hero 1 & 2 (gift from a friend of mine who doesn't have an account here on the forums)

I Am Bread (sent to same friend who gave me HMH)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Move or Die

Papers, Please

Pinball FX 2 DLC *too much to count. If you wish to know, I'll tell you in a PM*

Please Don't Touch Anything

Resident Evil 4 (sent to Mr Hatty)

Shovel Knight (gift from GoldenGhost)

South Park: The Stick of Truth *and its DLC*

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (sent to yugo657)

Tembo

Thomas Was Alone

The Walking Dead

Youtuber's Life

Zuma Deluxe

With that, I also made quite a few purchases within the Community Market, mainly for trading cards and Move or Die stuff.

Gaben may have put a massive dent in my wallet, but at least I still have something left for the next thing I buy.

All I got in the summer sale was STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl (Thanks GameFemale for the gift!), the three Wakfu episodes available, Borderlands 2 GOTY and Nuclear Throne.

Edit: I forgot that I got Postal 2: Paradise Lost and Half-Life: Episode 1 and 2.

Edit2: also Dead Pixels

Edited by yugo657

All I got was Grandia II, Geometry Wars 3, the first two Higurashi games, Momodera, and Deathsmiles 

This is the first year I didn't buy anything in the sale. All the stuff I wanted to buy wasn't quite cheap enough for me to impulse buy, so my wallet got away unscathed this year (if you don't count the £20 I spent on Dragon Age Inquisition GoTY Edition for PS4)