• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueKnite

I've Got An Idea

15 posts in this topic

I know i've been dead to this forum for awhile, but I was just thinking the other day (and also playin some BBT) a perfect genre for the behemoth to visit one day would be a fighting game. I've already thought of a pretty cool idea for a fighting game (and if you want me to elaborate just say so), but then my natural pessimism hit me and I was like "youre probably never gonna make this" and idk...I just thought the behemoth could make a balla' fighting game. Tell me what you guys think. And I know they're working on Pit People rn, and that looks cool as junk! Im just saying they COULD do one in the future...(And I already have an idea for it ;) )

I think the concept of a fighting game with Dan's art style would be really interesting, sort of like a more cartoony-early Flash era Skullgirls.

When can I play as the Bear?

A lot of people say fighting game mechanics are way too deep for indie developers to perfect in just one iteration, but there are plenty of examples of indie fighting games that have far better gameplay than even some Capcom & SNK titles.

A fighting game starring Behemoth characters (or even original characters idk) would be pretty dope, even if it was a platformer/fighter hybrid like Smash. Whatever genre The Behemoth work on, they seem to make a great game every time, so seeing how they'd tackle a fighting game would be interesting.

I think thats true to an extent. With different things like block, and the hit-stuns and how long they last, and all that jazz. I mean I think it would be intense, but I feel like The Behemoth COULD do it, because I agree with you every genre they've tackled, they've done really well on, it'd be approaching something really new for them, that'd be cool, and I just really like fighting games, and Dan's style, so like...this would be real dope XD I think they'd obviously have some characters from previous games if its gonna be tied in to the same universe, but they'd make unique ones for the game. What I was thinking was like...these fourth dimensional beings are just travelling around all bored. And then they get this idea, that they wanna start pitting really great heroes, and fighters of the third dimension against eachother...for s***s and giggles. So they like would go to different planets around the behemoth universe, and make a crystal copy of the heroes they want, and that crystal has like..all the memories and talents of the hero locked inside. And they use this machine to project a simulated battlefield, and the crystals, and they just watch bada***s fight.

EDIT: Also I think it would have to be like smash, because it would work best with his 2d art, but who knows where that madman could take it ;D 

Edited by BlueKnite

I better be able to play as the guy from Sack Smash or it's no buy from me

(...if not then I'll settle for Pink Knight)

I think a 2D Brawler like Smash Bros would fit the Behemoths style much better than a fighting game. But you know what we really wanna see happen is Newgrounds Rumble 2

I think a 2D Brawler like Smash Bros would fit the Behemoths style much better than a fighting game. But you know what we really wanna see happen is Newgrounds Rumble 2

I didn't mean a traditional fighting game sorry, I did mean a smash-like brawler. It would work well with the behemoths style, but I just categorize smash in the same vein as fighting games

EDIT: Also, I have no idea what newgrounds rumble is :3

Edited by BlueKnite

I dunno... There has never really been a good attempt at making a smash-esque game with 2D hand drawn visuals. I definitely felt that Rivals of Aethers visuals turned me off of it, but I can't tell if that's because it's 2D or because it's pixel art.

Traditional fighting games, though, seem to always look better in 2D to me. (Like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter 2 and Third Strike, Skull Girls)

I know almost nothing about traditional fighting games, though.

I personally think the biggest problem with Rivals of Aether visual wise is how the characters react to damage. They just kind of keep the same pose and fly back. Combat feels pretty strange in that game and its mostly because of the visuals.

But this is a discussion of a Behemoth Fighting Game, and I have to say they already have the basis pretty much down with Castle Crashers. Take out the infinite juggling and some more varied characters and Castle Crashers suddenly already turns into a fighting game. It could be pure 2D, or it's cool twist to make it different from other fighting games could be that you can walk up and down, making it some kind of 2D Powerstone. I think everyone's kind of wanted a Dad'nMe full feature length game, but being honest I don't know if thats a good idea with the general mindset of today. Dad is a character that kills children, thats his thing. If you take that away from him Dad will never be the same character in my heart. So instead of making it a Dad'nMe game, make it a multiplayer focused (competitive) brawler. I think Dad'nMe is a better game to base a Behemoth Fighting game after than Castle Crashers for the few gameplay differences they have.

I would be willing to bet that a fighting game is defiantly down the line, but I would also be willing to bet that they want to tackle more games/ genres first in order to make more characters and have a more "behemoth filled" roster of fighters, Currently we would have Alien Hominid, A Knight from Castle Crashers, Hatty (If he can get past his vegetable state for the fight?), Horacio from pit people which isn't even out yet, and potentially a new character for the fighting game itself, which would make for 5 characters... not a very big roster yet. 

In my mind at least a fighting game will happen in the future but not before other genres and more iconic characters are created. 

I would assume for one to come eventually, but as Salt said, there aren't enough behemoth characters to do a quality roster yet.

Well, it doesn't have to be an all-star fighter. I was under the impression that there would be almost an entirely new cast + a few characters from other games.

They're never gonna make enough games to fill a roster of characters (worth buying a game for), so I think a new cast would be way better.

Well, unless they just put, like, every knight, every head, all FBI agents and all of the classes from pit people. Then there would be a big roster.

Edited by daikonboy101

Well, it doesn't have to be an all-star fighter. I was under the impression that there would be almost an entirely new cast + a few characters from other games.

They're never gonna make enough games to fill a roster of characters (worth buying a game for), so I think a new cast would be way better.

Well, unless they just put, like, every knight, every head, all FBI agents and all of the classes from pit people. Then there would be a big roster.

Well...

Don't forget Newgrounds Rumble either.

This is what I was thinking. I wouldn't want a mash up of all they're games, and favoured game characters. I don't know how they would tie it all together :P But with a completely new cast it could have its own story, and just toss in fan-favourites for appeal.