• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

9th Annual Halloween Contest   10/23/2017

Welcome to the Behemoth’s 9th Annual Halloween Contest! This year we’re looking for the most creative Behemoth character costumes and decorations that the community puts together for Halloween.

Get all the details and enter using the form on our blog: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/10/11/9th-annual-halloween-contest/ Submit your photos by 12PM PST on November 2nd for a chance to win either Pit People Figurines or Pit People Plushies! 

Hello Behemoth Community, I'm going to create a more open discussion because honestly, we arent active enough now days to talk specifics. I want to talk about fighting games as a whole! Have you been playing any good ones? What are some of your favorites?

Currently I've been playing a lot of Under Night, the game is amazingly fun and the characters feel so fresh. I hear there's a problem with the top tier characters being a fair bit overpowered but that's every fighting game pretty much. Byakuya is by far my favorite character to play, his interesting twist on traps and rushdown is just super fun and effective.

Btw I'm always looking for others to play fighting games with, so feel free to add me on Discord, Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, all under: FlamingPaperCup

ive been looking into going back into sf4, but the matchmaking is usually empty

I've heard Ultra SFIV on Steam is still fairly active (and when it's on sale you can get it cheap), but most of the playerbase has moved over to SFV. SFV is the superior game imo, and with the game's recent updates it finally feels like a complete package. The story mode, trials mode, improved matchmaking and (mostly) free DLC have added a decent amount to the bare minimum that was offered at release.

I play a bunch of fighting games, but right now I can only play those I have on Steam online...because I'm too stingy to pay for PS+ right now. So if you want to play MK9/X, Injustice, Skullgirls or KOF13, just message me. :-)

too bad i play xbox eh?

I'm sure there are still players on Xbox too. If not you can always ask around on the SF reddit for a sparring partner. Those guys love SF.

Also in this thread we should talk about fightsticks. Anyone here thinking of getting one/have one already they want to talk about? 

I've been trying to get into fighting games again recently. I know some people super into SoulCalibur so I've been playing V lately. I've been trying to decide if GG Xrd is worth picking up on PC now that Revelator is out.

Also in this thread we should talk about fightsticks. Anyone here thinking of getting one/have one already they want to talk about? 

I've got a Hori RAP VX SA for my 360. I've been thinking about putting a universal PCB in it so I could use it on PS3/4, but the idea of cutting wires and soldering terrifies me. 

• Upvote 1

I've thought about getting a fight stick just to see what they're like, but I'm always fine using a 360 controller. If you guys spot any good ones that aren't super expensive though you gotta share em

Also I think it'd be fun if we arranged some weekly night(s) to play fighting games. I dabble in KoF13 and Skullgirls (and I own USF4) but I'd be down for trying out any games on Steam that other people wanna play

• Upvote 1

I've thought about getting a fight stick just to see what they're like, but I'm always fine using a 360 controller. If you guys spot any good ones that aren't super expensive though you gotta share em

I have an old Hori EX2 that I bought used for £25 years ago. I've been told the parts aren't stellar on it (and switching out the parts isn't worth the hassle with it either), but its still my controller of choice for fighting/arcade/retro games on PC/360. It has good weight and is comfortable enough for lap play, I'd recommend it to people wanting to try out a stick for the first time if you can find one cheap enough.

I've got a Hori RAP VX SA for my 360. I've been thinking about putting a universal PCB in it so I could use it on PS3/4, but the idea of cutting wires and soldering terrifies me. 

Damn Bloob those RAP sticks are awesome. I've only done a little soldering in the past with Guitar Hero controllers and it worked out well for a while but only caused more problems in the long run, so I don't think I should be giving advice on modding sticks...although it would save you a lot of money instead of shelling out for a new RAP4. Paying somebody else to mod your current stick might be cheaper too. :-o

Damn Bloob those RAP sticks are awesome. I've only done a little soldering in the past with Guitar Hero controllers and it worked out well for a while but only caused more problems in the long run, so I don't think I should be giving advice on modding sticks...although it would save you a lot of money instead of shelling out for a new RAP4. Paying somebody else to mod your current stick might be cheaper too. :-o

The universal PCB I'm looking at costs $90 so it would save me about $60 over buying a second stick, but considering how big they are it's mostly to save space. I've heard Hori sticks are harder to mod than MadCatz and some other brands, though I haven't been able to find anything retaining specifically to my stick. 

Also I think it'd be fun if we arranged some weekly night(s) to play fighting games. I dabble in KoF13 and Skullgirls (and I own USF4) but I'd be down for trying out any games on Steam that other people wanna play

You might want to look into the Qanba Q1 or Qanba Carbon. if you mostly play PC games. The parts aren't the highest quality, but apparently it's easy enough to mod that you can just replace them with higher quality parts after they break.