Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaler193

Digimon Next Order

3 posts in this topic

Digimon World Next Order is coming to North America on PS4 and Ps Vita!

1473985984445.jpg

For those of you unaware, Digimon World: Next Order is more like the Digimon World games back on the PS1 than your RPG's like Cyber Sleuth (as much as I love Cyber Sleuth). I haven't looked at too much footage myself as I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but it looks like Digimon will follow you around and you will have a set of commands. You don't control your Digimon as it runs around the field, but can give it commands such as attack or defend. It's more of a real time RPG in that sense. Personally I am very excited for the release of this game, wonder if there's any Digimon fans around who are also pumped to be playing this soon?

I wouldn't call myself a hardcore Digimon fan, but I nearly 100%ed Cyber Sleuth (besides grinding out the last few medals) because I enjoyed it so much. It was just a fun, well made, classic style JRPG. 

Since I had such a great time with CS I'll probably end up picking up Next Order, too. I managed to find CS pretty cheap on release so if I can do the same for Next Order I'll be happy to get it asap. Also I was awful at it and never got very far, but I loved Digimon World on PS1 as a kid. If Next Order can refine the gameplay and tweak the difficulty of that game I'm sure it'll be a hit.

Unfortunatly Next Order will only be coming out digitally. The game's already launched in Japan so I'll have to do some research on how the difficutly is. I remember sucking pretty hard at Digimon World as well as a kid but I can't deny that the games were also super fun. Watching you recruit Digimon and slowly build your town was one of my favorite things in that game.