• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luke

Your greatest experience from a game

16 posts in this topic

What was YOUR best experience? What game was it? Why was it your best experience? Please tell us why!

Edited by Luke

I'd say my best experience with a game was playing Pokemon games on my Gameboy Advance as a kid. Games had a lot of magic to me back then and going on those adventures was everything I wanted at that age. All of my friends were into those games too and being able to interact with them through those games felt really special. Playing online games these days just can't compare to battling and trading Pokemon with friends after school. I haven't had a game-related experience like that in forever.

One of my favorite gaming experiences was banging out the Mass Effect series in a little over a weekend on my old really big, nice monitor. I had played the first game up until you meet Ashley (or as I call her, bae) and got lost and confused and angry as I often do with videogames. I tried it again a few months later and was blown away with how fun it was. I instantly got 2 and then 3. I remember being really frustrated with having to figure out what the hell Origin was and installing that to play 3 because I was SO excited to play it.

It was my first time playing the games and they remain some of my favorites. Even 3. Fight me.

So excited for Andromeda.

P.S. doesn't this belong in Other Games?

Edited by Dexide

I'm old and withered, so I have way too many to pick from.  Learning the Missing No. glitch in Pokemon Red back in the day was pretty rad.  Same with the ending of MGS4, one of the notable times when I cried during a video game.

But, like I said, I'm old and have been playing video games for over twenty years, so picking a specific experience is extremely tough for me.

Probably getting a Chaos Chao in my save of SA2 for the first time. Takes forever and I could never do it as a kid.

Mhm, I dunno...BattleBlock Theater was a great experience for me at first, its what made me a PC gamer. Undertale was an amazing experience, and I know a lot of you cringed when I said that, but it really was great for me. Half life 2 was an awesome experience, too. 

As a child, I played Sonic Heroes a lot and that was the game that got me into the series. Several years ago, I was able to beat the Egg Emperor with Team Sonic in under 25 seconds. I wasn't even trying to go that fast and I didn't even record that thing. I just did it and wow did that feel amazing afterwards. I felt like I just broke a world record and I wanted to do it again, but record this time so I could send proof I did it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to repeat it since. :(

I've always been a man of perfection. Been good at video games ever since I was a wee lil kid rocking my Quackshot on the ol Sega. Hell use to be so good at Mario Kart 64 I actually didn't know the difference between 50cc and 150cc because it was all so easy (not even kidding I don't know how I was honestly that good as a kid, got worse with age rip). I had plenty of great memories gaming as a kid, but I think my favorites are when I met my now good friend Mike through Xbox.

We played evvvvverrrything together, but my fondest and favorite memories are of Halo Reach. I have to say I was one of the best Halo Reach players back in my prime. I played that game a rediculous amount. Honestly when I played with my real life friend who also had the same crazy Halo Reach addiction, it was never a matter of losing a game, because that just never happened. It was a matter of one upping each other. Near the end of my prime I decided to use nothing but the pistol to try and make that my top weapon, and almost succeded if bunts weren't so omnipotent. Besides how crazy good I was, I had so much fun when I would play with my online friend Mike in particular. Anyone who's played games with me before should probobly know if I aren't playing earnestly, I'm going to be playing a real scummy game, and have I ever scummed Mike through the years. We use to yell at each other as we'd set up a perfect flank, but then run in front of another for the best snipe spot. If he got in a tank I'd run in front of the barel so he couldn't shoot if he didn't want to team kill me and destroy it. Hell I don't even know how many yoinks I've gotten off the poor soul.

TLDR: My fondest video game memories are scumming my friends through the years, especially in Halo Reach.

On 10/5/2016 at 11:58 PM, Scaler193 said:

TLDR: My fondest video game memories are scumming my friends through the years, especially in Halo Reach.

Are you READY.  FOR HALO REEEACH?!?!?!

Hitting that perfect item game in super smash. Any character with item will do. Be it a perfect turnip juggle with peach or a clutch bike gimp with wario. But best of all is bowser junior. anyone who's U-thrown or U-tilted into an airborne mechakoopa, challenged a grab with the mecha or z dropped into D-air will understand how far a little robot can take you. Spook your friends today with the wimpiest character.

Playing Castle Crashers for the first time was probably the most excited I've ever been from a game. Just downloading it the morning it came out, opening it up, and playing through the first level before school made me so happy.

Eight years later I never get games at release and I hate fun

3 hours ago, yugo657 said:

Killing Ornstein and Smough

Aw man can relate, they're easily the hardest boss in the game. I remember being tempted to partner up with someone to beat them but I'm glad I didn't.

Once I build my new PC, I'll be getting Batman Arkham Asylum. Im sure that'll be a great experience 

I think recently the greatest experience I had was 100% completing Rogue Legacy at the end of summer back in 2015, mostly because the EX versions of the bosses were way too tough, it took probably a day's worth of play time just to beat. They tested your dexterity and knowledge of the game very well (unless you knew how to do some glitch or use bugs to your advantage) and if you're bad at games (like I am) you really have to work to accomplish the feat of taking down all of them to get the last achievements.