• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

9th Annual Halloween Contest   10/23/2017

Welcome to the Behemoth’s 9th Annual Halloween Contest! This year we’re looking for the most creative Behemoth character costumes and decorations that the community puts together for Halloween.

Get all the details and enter using the form on our blog: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/10/11/9th-annual-halloween-contest/ Submit your photos by 12PM PST on November 2nd for a chance to win either Pit People Figurines or Pit People Plushies! 
Sign in to follow this  
GoldenGhost

Weekly Creation Challenge

It's time to inject some life back into the Creationism section my dudes

This is the Weekly Creation Challenge thread. This thread is meant for anyone who wants to exercise their creativity on a regular basis, no matter what your skill level is.

Each week we're gonna have a subject matter, and you have to make something related to it. It can be a pencil doodle, a digital drawing, a song, a story, a game, or anything you want to make. Feel free to spend 5 minutes or 5 days on it, but post it here so everyone can check it out! I'll pick a new theme every Sunday at 10:00pm PST, and feel free to PM me with subject ideas if you have 'em.

Make some cool stuff, give feedback and tips for other people if you want to, and have fun! (Forum rules apply!)

The current subject is: ---

Previous Subjects:

October 10th, 2016: Robot Cat

October 17th, 2016: Animal Wizards/Witches

October 24th 2016: Your Favorite Pokemon

October 31st 2016: Something you're afraid of

November 7th 2016: Random Line

November 14th 2016: Favorite Music

---BREAK---

December 11th 2016: ???

• Upvote 2

Here are my Robot Cat drawings btw

tsHHyqm.jpg

Reference picture for the above:

0XQLe8q.jpg

8vvBghO.jpg

(Pro tip: try to get good lighting on your pencil drawings when you take pictures of em, unlike I did)

Not a bad start, but it's time for week 2!

Theme 2 is animal wizards/witches!

Here's a Bird Wizard sketch as an example:

NRKVCh1r.jpg

• Upvote 2

So this is my first time ever I have given any art to The Behemoth Forums. Admittedly I don't draw but I have always wanted to, and this is a pretty cool idea so I guess I'm starting now :lol:.

Here is a badly drawn toad (head too small) trying to become wizard. I was trying to get the cloak to fall down its back and crumple at the bottom but I am too new to try it. And I wanted to keep the shape of the Toad so I kept its back showing through the hat.

Toad Wizard 3.png

Edited by AdamBRT
  • Upvote 4

Time for a new theme! I'm hyped for Pokemon Sun and Moon so let's fly with it.

Theme 3 is your favorite Pokemon! Make something cool related to your favorite Pokemon, or else forever leave your favorite Pokemon sad and lonely.

(I'll upload something related to my favorite Pokemon sometime this week)

I'm actually getting into this :lol: For those who did see this post 

I think it was obvious what Pokemon I was gonna draw. A bit out of proportion but oh well. 

Ludicolo drawing resize.jpg

However when I was a kid the only Pokemon that I could draw was a Voltorb... so I drew that as well. 

Voltorb drawing resize.jpg

Edited by AdamBRT
  • Upvote 3

Boo! A double post!

You know what's scarier than a double post? It's this week's Halloween theme: something you're afraid of! Face your greatest fear and create something related to it! Make something so scary that I dread opening this thread to look at it :oops:

My fear isn't particularly creepy, but it certainly freaks me out: heights!!

s0ap4xU.jpg

(Based on the Sutro Tower in San Francisco)

level6view.jpg

(If you're not feeling brave enough to draw your greatest fear then that's fine; instead, tune into the Joy of Painting marathon at https://www.twitch.tv/bobross and relax to some Bob Ross paintings!)

• Upvote 1

I suppose it's just a fear of looking like an idiot, but have a crippling fear of anybody I care about reading any of my work. I drew what I expect would happen if any of them were to read my personal reflective essay for English.

I would far, far rather fail English than have somebody read any of my work from it. So I probably will.

Oh, I also drew my other, just as rubbish fear: tiny spiders. (Only house spiders)

14895694_1272133449517871_1256858852_o.jpg

14954376_1272144222850127_1909525326_o.jpg

• Upvote 2

Alright last week was a little slow, so this week we're doing something simple and fun.

This week's theme is Random Line! Open up an art tool (or use pen and paper), close your eyes, and draw a random squiggle line like so:

Te45SBq.png

Then, without erasing any part of that random line, turn it into an artistic masterpiece!! Behold... Red Scarf Dancing Man!

IQuVf2H.png

Easy as cake! Now go out there, draw something better than I did, and share it here!

Good stuff my dudes. It's fun to do easy stuff now and then... but it's time again to get serious!!

The new theme this week is your favorite music! Show us what you jam to by drawing the cover art for your favorite album, or draw an image from your favorite music video, or do something else cool and creative for whatever you enjoy listening to.

I decided to draw the cover for my favorite album: Alive 2007 by Daft Punk!

5O5ZXEa.png

For those that are curious, I bought a new Surface Pen recently (after I lost my old one a year ago) for my Surface Pro, and these weekly challenges are proving to be pretty nice ways of practicing with it :-P

Feel free to make something musical too!! Sticking with the Daft Punk theme, here's a short chiptune ringtone I made for an electronic music class in high school for some inspiration: https://soundcloud.com/user-854725050/get-blippy-daft-punk-chiptune-remix

Now show me what you got!

EDIT: and don't draw me The White Album or you're lame

19 hours ago, GoldenGhost said:

Good stuff my dudes. It's fun to do easy stuff now and then... but it's time again to get serious!!

To that I say, NEVER!

pbjtimeshowoff.png

In case you were all wondering what I use, it's MS Paint in its full glory.

Edited by Mangle
  • Upvote 1

Hey, there's gonna be a short break from the Weekly Creation Challenge while I finish out the semester. They will resume two weeks from now on December 11th.

In the meantime, I'm interested to hear some feedback and find out what kinds of stuff you guys want to see out of this. The themes have been pretty simple so far, should they stay simple? Should they focus more on building skills and techniques? Would you guys want to see more themes for writing/music/game/other things? Let me know what you want!