• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!

halloween

We’re hosting another Halloween Contest this year (our 9th annual!!) and we’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

To enter our contest just post a photo of your Behemoth related costumes or decorations in this thread (reply below). Behemoth related games include BattleBlock Theater, Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid, Alien Hominid PDA Games, Super Soviet Missile Mastar, or Dad ‘N Me. You could even do characters based on our current game in development, Pit People!

This thread will be locked on November 2nd at 5PM PDT, so be sure to get your entries in before we close the contest. We will review the entries and on November 4th we’ll select three winners for each category: (1) Costumes; (2) Decorations. That means we’re giving out 6 prize packages!

As always, judging will be based on creativity, originality, and hilarity or ability to inspire fear. Prize packages will include a Pit People Fighter tee and commemorative Behemoth pin (available only at PAX shows we exhibit at), plus your choice of Alien Hominid HD, Castle Crashers, or BattleBlock Theater game code (if you already own all three games, then you can give it to a friend!).

Our newest Pit People shirt featuring the fighters from the game!
New Pinny Arcade Pin! (No blind box for this one. Just head to our Gift Shop)

Rules:

• Group entries are allowed! (Note: One prize per winning entry is awarded)
  • Your entry must be your own creation (or your group’s, parent’s, family’s).
  • Only new costumes and decoration entries will be accepted (entries that were submitted in previous years will not be eligible).
  • Cosplay images are acceptable as long as they weren’t entered in a previous contest.
  • Decorations can include pumpkin carvings, special treats, or other decorations in or outside of your abode.
  • You may enter more than once.

Need ideas?? Check out all the exemplary entries from the winners of our last Halloween contest HERE!

• Upvote 3

Here is my costume, Its a combo of my two favorite knights, the Green Knight and the Purple Knight. For this costume I mostly just used foam, hot glue, and house paint. I really hope you guys like it :)

Photo Oct 13, 4 53 21 PsmalllM.jpg

• Upvote 2

My wife and I made Orange Knight and Pink Knight costumes for Halloween this year, pretty pleased with how they turned out. ^_^

14721686_10154673481639936_4737226987922096086_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi, guys! 

I am a big fan of The Behemoth's games. "Battleblock theater" is the game, that took more than 100 hours to complete all achievements, but it worth it.:-P "Castle Crashers" will be the next one to beat! When I had heard about this contest, first idea was to do poster on the wall, that would be connected with Bbt and Halloween. So here we go. Ghostly Raccoon, who tries to catch Green Knight, because he have got some candies in his pumpkin bag. Also, thanks to The Behemoth, I have got a chance to play "Game 4" that everyone knows as "Pit people". This game inspired me to make tablecloth, that look like playing field. On photograph lightning is not so good, but in real life it look awesome :-D You can see some details of this decoration here: http://imgur.com/a/HI13S  

Thanks for taking time to read this. Happy Halloween!!! :evil:

P.S. I want to thank my darling neighbor Dariia, who helped me with coloring and supported me all time. 

12333333.jpg

• Upvote 1

throne.jpgThis Castle Crasher was my first cosplay project.  Spending well over a hundred hours getting the pieces together from weaving the chainmail by hand to rebuilding the lollipop to be more con rule compliant.  This has easily been my crown jewel of a cosplay for multiples years at over dozen a different conventions with my first PAX East as the most treasured moment in cosplay.  Visiting  the Behemoth booth at PAX east was a huge treat and I hope I get the chance to meet the company that brings easily some of my most beloved games. 

Entry 1

throne.jpg

Spooky.  A voodoo dall of me perhaps?

Entry 2

minime.jpg

minime.jpg

pax.jpg

Edited by HumbleAsian
Combining posts
  • Upvote 1

After playing Pit People in the recent Steam open beta, I felt like making a pumpkin out of the most halloween-esq and awesome (in my opinion of course) type of character in the game - the Vampire! :-D

vampirePumpkin.jpg

IMG-20161027-WA0003.jpg

• Upvote 1

My brother and I had lots of fun making the food version of our favorite characters! We got the idea after walking in the grocery store and saw an Oyster mushroom that looked a lot like the mushroom from Pit People, and then we used that same idea to other characters.

Also I had to resize the photos to be under the file limit, so I put a better quality version of each of these uploads on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/w3YEH

Mushroom from Pit people(Food version!)

Mushroom.JPG

And of course, the food version of Gluten is pretty easy :)

Cupcake from Pit People(Food version?)

Cupcake.jpg

And then Gluten vs the Mushroom!

CupcakevsMushroom.JPG

And finally, a Tofu Hatty hattington! Spooky version!

Spooky Tofu Hatty

HattyTofu.JPG

• Upvote 1

For Halloween, I did a spooky version of the Purrham Furbottom painting in Battleblock Theater's Hall of Dudes! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a frame with a plaque that said "Dead #1".Bonebottom.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello everyone,  I'm a father of an amazing 9 year old.  His name is Gurnik. He loves his video games. He is pretty good at it. So this year when I asked him what he wanted for Halloween, he told me he wanted to be Red Knight from Castle Crashers.  So we went shopping. We went to every costume store in Brampton (Canada).  But had no luck. I went online to see if I can order from anywhere. Once again had no luck. Finally 7 days before Halloween and day before his monster Bash jam at school I told him how he can go to any store and buy anything at any cost and I'll buy him that costume. He said how this year he won't wear anything.  So that kinda made us sad so I decided to make him one. I went to Michaels and dollarstore for the materials. It took me 2 hours and I made him a castle Crashers Red Knight costume.  As soon as he put it on he loved and the look on him face just melted our hearts. I have attached the pictures. I hope you guys think I did a good job. :)

FB_IMG_1477743681483.jpg

• Upvote 1

This costume was made and worn by a 12 year old! He spent a lot of time on this costume and did all of the work by himself, without help from anyone. Happy Halloween!

Castle Crasher small.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello, this is my bear from castle crashers. I have to admit, that i haven´t completed the game yet, because i bought it recently.. But i already love the game with all these adorable characters in it.

Hopefully you will like this pumpkin. I will put it in front of our door.. Let´s see if any small kids will recognize the game.

And even though it´s a bit too early for that: happy halloween!

halloweenEntry..png

• Upvote 1

Hey! So it's starting to become a thing that every year I make at least one of my pumpkins relate to The Behemoth. I love your games and I like the wide variety of cute characters that make for some great pumpkins! This year I decided to make one of a cat guard. Hopefully it can guard my house on Halloween from spooky creatures and also troublesome prankster teens. I hope you enjoy!

image4 (1).JPG

• Upvote 1

A lovely family photo of Hatty, a red prisoner, and a cat!

Wait, that doesn't make any sense at all! These people aren't related! I mean, Hatty and that red guy came on the boat together so maybe them, but that cat has been on the island the whole time!

pTcCIypyYgASnWSmSI1blVNW9lXTdxFKau7rFRxVsp8.jpg

After a few hours of carving I finally finished my Castle Crashers pumpkin! I'm super proud of it and hope you guys like it. I gave it to my mom to put outside her house for the kids.

Pumpkin 2.jpg