• Announcements

    • megan

      Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

        Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

      Pit People's Final Touches   11/21/2017

      It has been nearly a year since we launched Pit People on early access. This journey has been an incredible experience! We’ve built a better game thanks to all your feedback. So here’s a spicy little situation: We’ve decided that our next big drop will be the FULL version of the game! Yes, it shall be complete! You’ll be able to play through the story and find out what happens for everyone.  
        As we write this, we’re working on the last of the cinematics for the story campaign! This is the final push towards completing the game, alongside additional story quests and a new world map with bonus missions.
        Since there’s so much involved with these last steps (VO, animation, level creation, music licensing, QA testing, etc), we’re not exactly sure when everything will line up for a full release date, but we’re shooting to release within the first few months of 2018.
        Thank you again to all of the people who’ve been playing Pit People during early access and to everyone who has been sending us feedback. It has truly been invaluable and we can’t wait to share the conclusion of Pit People with you all!
megan

Pit People Xbox Game Preview & Early Access FAQ

Recommended Posts

I have been playing the game with my brother and we just beat the helmitor castle mission. The only problem is that it skipped the space ship scene and the cutscene with the bear. Now the spaceship crashed into the wall in the toen but there is no more story missions to play. Is this supposed to happen?! If this is all there is im disappointed. You said a sizeable amount of story content but half of the mission from the beta does not seem like that. Im really hoping this is just a glitch.

Edit: Forgot to mention that at the end of the mission I caught the Helmitor cyclops. Could this be it?

Edit: Played the game singleplayer  and found out that think it was because I shot the rockets at Helmitor while the gate was not broken. I now am at the rocket part.

Final Edit: Wheres the rest of the game? A sizeable chunk of the story is not one mission. Where are the other world maps? What happend? I feel like I played a worse version of the beta no a Game preview. What is going on?

Edited by Superminerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kuchenzwerg said:

How many can play online coop on Xbox one? I'm getting different sources saying 2, but the listing on Xbox has it as 4.

I believe online 4-player is just versus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question if anyone knows.

Does the pit people game preview give access to a windows 10 store version?

And if not, would it give access later?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me out, I just purchased the game preview, was a beta player and the game refuses to load. I've tired deleting the game data and reinstalling.  (0x8027025a). 

It took several times but after completly doing a power cycle the game would only launch after installing it and launching from the pop up notification (holding the guide button). 

Edited by Pryhme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pryhme said:

Can anyone help me out, I just purchased the game preview, was a beta player and the game refuses to load. I've tired deleting the game data and reinstalling.  (0x8027025a) 

Have you deleted the beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I made sure to do that after the second time. It doesn't seem to like not initially loading from a pin or menus, just thru the guide button pop up. Works fine from all icons now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pryhme said:

Yeah I made sure to do that after the second time. It doesn't seem to like not initially loading from a pin or menus, just thru the guide button pop up. Works fine from all icons now. 

Good to hear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, loving the game so far. Great content for an early access game and looking forward to how this title develops. A couple questions however. 

Buffs; I might have missed something but there is no guide or indication of what the buffs actually represent. I've gotten by so far just by guessing by appearance, purple cloud represents poison etc. 

 

'G' (currency); Just by playing a few pvp games I came across players with a vast amount of ingame cash already, 30,000 being the top amount. I mostly play pvp so I'm guessing single player is the cause of this. I was just wondering whether cash/loot might be too easy to gather at the moment, resulting in players running out of unlockables to win, objects to buy etc.  

Those are my only real concerns at the moment, other than that I'm massively impressed with the game currently and a great price. Hoping future World DLC's are released and the game really expands because the core game is very fun and original. Thanks for the hard work and good luck with the rest of development guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question:

I am able to use co-op with two profiles signed into the same Xbox but I cannot find a way to invite a friend to play with me from a separate Xbox online. Am I missing a button, an option, or is this feature unavailable at the start of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone can help me with this problem I will be very thankful!

So i played the free trial, loved it, bought it, (so this is AFTER i already recruited the cupcake healer), and now i have to recruit one more person before i can do quests n whatnot. and above the doorway leaving the safe area, it should say I have a net and a paper/map, and then just have to buy a cage right? well it says i don't have a net, and i watched walkthroughs on youtube seeing if i am missing something but when they got to this part, they already automatically had a net without doing anything, and just had to buy the cage and were already set to recruit a new member to their team. Is this a glitch on my part or is there any way I can get a new net? Any help would be much appreciated. I haven't yet tried to start a new game because I don't want to restart, I know I'm not far but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, alldayswole said:

If anyone can help me with this problem I will be very thankful!

So i played the free trial, loved it, bought it, (so this is AFTER i already recruited the cupcake healer), and now i have to recruit one more person before i can do quests n whatnot. and above the doorway leaving the safe area, it should say I have a net and a paper/map, and then just have to buy a cage right? well it says i don't have a net, and i watched walkthroughs on youtube seeing if i am missing something but when they got to this part, they already automatically had a net without doing anything, and just had to buy the cage and were already set to recruit a new member to their team. Is this a glitch on my part or is there any way I can get a new net? Any help would be much appreciated. I haven't yet tried to start a new game because I don't want to restart, I know I'm not far but still.

The net is an equipable item you have to give one of your characters. It goes in the shield slot. Sofia came with one that you might have accidentally replaced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will there be more customize options for thinks like the spider lady and robots and such tight now you can only change one or two things and there doesnt seem to be many unlockables for them.

Also hoping there will be more creatures available for capture.

 

This game is loads of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, love the game so far. I wanted to suggest multiplayer with 3-5 people. When your playing with a friend you can use crazy strategies and character combinations. A 5 person team would enhance that and the vast amount of enmies would make it chaotic. Keep up the good work guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there; not sure where to post this since I can't seem to create threads, but I would suggest that the story mission(s) should not require story characters to be in your party.

I went out and recruited what I felt was my own, unique team, but when I went to take on the first story mission, I had to go back and put the story characters in my party.  I understand the rationale for this, but I think the fun of getting to use the party you want is more important; that does seem to be the main draw of the game, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Superminerman said:

I have been playing the game with my brother and we just beat the helmitor castle mission. The only problem is that it skipped the space ship scene and the cutscene with the bear. Now the spaceship crashed into the wall in the toen but there is no more story missions to play. Is this supposed to happen?! If this is all there is im disappointed. You said a sizeable amount of story content but half of the mission from the beta does not seem like that. Im really hoping this is just a glitch.

Edit: Forgot to mention that at the end of the mission I caught the Helmitor cyclops. Could this be it?

Edit: Played the game singleplayer  and found out that think it was because I shot the rockets at Helmitor while the gate was not broken. I now am at the rocket part.

Final Edit: Wheres the rest of the game? A sizeable chunk of the story is not one mission. Where are the other world maps? What happend? I feel like I played a worse version of the beta no a Game preview. What is going on?

Sorry for the late replies, everyone! I was out of the office for medical reasons and did not see this thread when I first got back. 

Superminerman, it looks like Dan responded to your question in another thread. Let us know if you still have additional questions though!

On January 13, 2017 at 0:57 PM, LAA said:

Question if anyone knows.

Does the pit people game preview give access to a windows 10 store version?

And if not, would it give access later?

 

Thanks

Pit People does not currently support Play Anywhere but it is being worked on for future release. No set timeline has been announced for this.

On January 15, 2017 at 11:22 AM, kinggzanga said:

Hey, loving the game so far. Great content for an early access game and looking forward to how this title develops. A couple questions however. 

Buffs; I might have missed something but there is no guide or indication of what the buffs actually represent. I've gotten by so far just by guessing by appearance, purple cloud represents poison etc. 

 

'G' (currency); Just by playing a few pvp games I came across players with a vast amount of ingame cash already, 30,000 being the top amount. I mostly play pvp so I'm guessing single player is the cause of this. I was just wondering whether cash/loot might be too easy to gather at the moment, resulting in players running out of unlockables to win, objects to buy etc.  

Those are my only real concerns at the moment, other than that I'm massively impressed with the game currently and a great price. Hoping future World DLC's are released and the game really expands because the core game is very fun and original. Thanks for the hard work and good luck with the rest of development guys! 

Thanks for your suggestions. Passing it along. 

On January 16, 2017 at 9:59 AM, TheBlaquePlague said:

Hey, guys. I was wondering where should I submit bugs and other Quality of Life improvements for the game? Are here seperate topics?

Please check our Known Issues list first: https://support.thebehemoth.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000467946-Known-Issues-For-Early-Access-and-XGP

If you have a bug or feedback that isn't address in that list then you can submit them to our support team here: https://support.thebehemoth.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

On January 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM, spoffenb said:

Question:

I am able to use co-op with two profiles signed into the same Xbox but I cannot find a way to invite a friend to play with me from a separate Xbox online. Am I missing a button, an option, or is this feature unavailable at the start of the game?

The Spacephone to play online co-op unlocks after the initial tutorial levels, which goes up to returning to the City after Bridgeside Bandit. Online co-op is unavailable at the start of the game. 

On January 19, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Kittora said:

will there be more customize options for thinks like the spider lady and robots and such tight now you can only change one or two things and there doesnt seem to be many unlockables for them.

Also hoping there will be more creatures available for capture.

 

This game is loads of fun.

Yup! There will be more items to unlock for the Spidaur and Electrobots in the future, but I'm not sure if there will be additional customizable options added. 

As for more creatures, Dan has mentioned this in another forum post:

"Adding new fighters to the mix aren't priority, but are wanted by both the community as well as myself. The only reason it'll be a little slow going right now is that I've prioritized finishing the game before adding more content. There's currently 18 different fighter types to pick from. They all have to remain in balance with one another and I have to be careful that one doesn't outweigh another's purpose."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there may be a bug with how the Wraith and the Mascot interact.  When my Mascot is positioned next to my Wraith, the Wraith does not have an animation that it is being buffed.  I'm not sure if this means it just doesn't have the animation, is not being buffed, or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, royal_fish said:

I believe there may be a bug with how the Wraith and the Mascot interact.  When my Mascot is positioned next to my Wraith, the Wraith does not have an animation that it is being buffed.  I'm not sure if this means it just doesn't have the animation, is not being buffed, or both.

Mascots don't boost Wraiths or Zombies. But thank you for checking! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now