Guest bugeater

Nintendo Switch

Guest bugeater

Hey Behemoth!

You developing anything for the Nintendo Switch?  I think you should port all of your excellent games to the platform.   Castle Crashers would be perfect on the go with four players on four Joycons.

I never really thought about this until now, but the Switch is perfect for beat 'em ups like Castle Crashers. It really is the most social console I've played since the Wii, just for its portability and couch multiplayer. Combining that with some old school beat 'em up action would be perfect.

Thinking about it, I would love Castle Crashers to re-release on Switch. I'd snap it up instantly ("snap", like the Joycons? hahaaaa)

...any Updates?

Would  love to have this game on the switch, especially because of the multiplayer beeing on one screen (not Split-Screen) which would be just perfect on the small Display on the go i think.

Also I think that the style and playstyle of the Game would just fit perfectly...

2 hours ago, HowRuck said:

...any Updates?

Would  love to have this game on the switch, especially because of the multiplayer beeing on one screen (not Split-Screen) which would be just perfect on the small Display on the go i think.

Also I think that the style and playstyle of the Game would just fit perfectly...

No plans announced for Switch at this moment. We're a small studio with limited resources so we can only focus on a couple projects at at time. Currently, we're developing Pit People for Xbox One and Steam to launch at the same time (which is new for us!). What comes next after that only time will tell. Thanks for your interest though!

On 19/01/2018 at 8:10 AM, megan said:

No plans announced for Switch at this moment. We're a small studio with limited resources so we can only focus on a couple projects at at time. Currently, we're developing Pit People for Xbox One and Steam to launch at the same time (which is new for us!). What comes next after that only time will tell. Thanks for your interest though!

Hi Megan and awesome behemoth crew,

Myself and my kids are massive castle crashes fans, and would love to every one of your games on the switch. 

I see that you are a small studio with limited resources and your focus is elsewhere. But... Have you considered your immense community as a resource? 

For instance...  I’m now a proud stay at home dad, but I was a game producer (warhammer: regicide) and animator (for 20+ years) and 3D teacher. I would gladly volunteer my time to port castle crashers to switch. If I could source some community members to create/manage the port for you, would you be interested? Game security, NDA’s, and remote artist management is something I’ve done a lot of as well.

So many people would love to see your great games on the switch! How can we help! 😊

i literally made an account just to post in this thread PLEASE MAKE A CASTLE CRASHERS PORT WE WILL PAY $25 I SPEAK ON BEHALF OF ALL HUMANS

I really hope you all can make a port for the switch.

Casfle Crashers is legit one of my all time favorite games serisouly!

Like I said before you all would serisouly rake in some dosh, if you dropped this bad boy on the switch.

i hope it may happen some day, I wish it was now but I know you're probably busy with your other title.  

Same as above, literally made an account just to say this:

DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIT!!!

Maybe crowdfunding is an option if resources are limited? 

Created an account just to post.

This game was essentially made for the Switch before the Switch existed - a Multiplayer Beat-Em-Up with limited variables (2D with only a few controls) with local and online play. If you had made the game today instead of 10 years ago, it probably would have been curated for the Switch and ported to consoles.

Obligatory plea:

I would sell the rest of my earthly possessions and get a one way ticket to Gary, Indiana if it entitled me to a copy of Castle Crashers on the Nintendo Switch.

I too created an account to show my interest in a switch port of Castle Crashers! I own this game for Steam and I love the graphic art style and music but I never want to sit down at my computer to play it. I had friends who owned the 360 version and played it with them but never had a comfortable place to play for myself. I play the Switch portable quite often while my wife watches TV at night. I can't stop thinking about how great it would be to play Castle Crashers and with the instant on/off of the Switch, you could pick it up and play it for 5 minute sessions and still make good progress.

I know your team is small and busy, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it! Every game is better in the Switch!

I will continue to search Google for any info on this port, please don't make me wait too long!

I understand that you are a small team (but WHAT a Team!). Considering the Switch huge success, I am sure that investing in it would be a good move. Especialy for Castle Crashers. PLEEEEASE!

I one million percent agree with Castle Crashers for the Switch, and I think it would be a perfect fit for the console! Would not mind paying even 50 quid on this game. I’d drop more if it was required. This is the only game I’ve wanted and missed so badly for the Switch, as it would be great to play portable and with friends in couch co-op.

I created an account too only for this thread. I really want the game to be on the switch, would totally buy it, no matter the price !!! I already tried to ask the team on Twitter a year ago (without reply :() if they think about it ! I got the game on all supports and I even bought Pit People ahah ! Go for it The Behemoth !

Literally just made an account to join the wave of fans who want the amazing Castle Crashers on the Switch! I'm a programmer/animator who used to roam Newgrounds since 2005, and I've been literally following Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin and their development of the game. I still remember playing Castle Crashing the Beard (fan game), 'cause it was closest we got to a Flash version of the game, and I LOVED it! I remember not having Xbox 360, and being unable to purchase and play the game, exploring the alternatives as a kid, but honestly I never got to play the game until like 2011 -- and I super enjoyed it! You have no idea what it's like not being able to play something you've been so hyped for for literally years, and trying every possible option to get your hands on the game as a teenager, and waiting to finally play the game. Bringing the game to Switch would be a dream come true for all of us who so dearly love, arguably, one of the best 2D hack 'n' slash games ever!

I know right. Castle crashes. Switch. 4 players. Sounds like a dream!!! 

Im serious about jumping and helping out porting stuff. If the crew at the behemoth are understandably busy on new fun projects, we can TOTALLY jump on board and help.

if someone from the behemoth team contacted me and said do it, I’m sure they would be impressed by their rabid community.

their fear would be people misusing the access and files, or creating a terrible Frankenstein’s monster of it all. But let me help!! Let us help! We can really do this. Seriously, all I need is a credit! (And maybe a custom character that gets killed in the background of a scene. Not a pink Darth Vader or anything... )

On 18/01/2018 at 9:10 PM, megan said:

Hello, Im also want to see your project on Nintendo Switch. We do understand lack of people you have and etc. But you need to set right priorities. Do your research about the switch and you will found out, that most of the small studios have more money on switch, rather than Steam. Games did sell so well, even save 1 or 2 small studios from closing down. Switch is now new and hot, you should jump in before its too late.

All the best to you and your team!

Like even to do a Kickstarter, or something like this; like for 50€\$ you get a collector physical edition, would be so amazing !

I would love castle crashers to be put on the switch, it would be a great fit for the console. I don't think it would be physical but rather on the eshop. 

But Please make this happen!