Giggimish

kobolds in the "pit" aka 2v2, 1v1.

Giggimish    0

I noticed that barely people use any kobolds at all in the pit, Unless it's a 12 kobold troll team. They really need a way to survive, a cupcake can work but not effectively, there's no level up system in the "pit" so they can't get any health with their squishy health amount. Any chance kobolds are getting anything "special" for their survivability? idk eating off of dead corps would be cool like they do in magna carta what ever quest. any chance they're getting anything special? or just stay the same.

SaltOnToast    366

Kobolds are good at what they do, and direct fighting is not that. Kobolds are quick (Can move extra spaces per turn) and deal extra damage to archers. A full team of kobolds would be something unwise in my opinion (especially in 1v1) however having 1-2 kobold units in order to flank ranged characters who typically hide behind the action can be rather effective.

Jimmy888    0

Agreed w salt.  I think kobolds are as versatile as humans in many ways, but it takes a while with them to "behold this inherent strengths".  Placement is key, so I prefer to use them when I'm in an auto battling mood.  The current AI strategy is excellent for kobs!

SleepySRH    0

Eh I kinda agree with giggi

Kobolds are good at killing archer but most smart serious people use thrown projectiles or a single mortar. So your kobolds wont be much use after they kill that single mortar or archer. Zombies have a bit of bite to back them up. I love kobolds I have a themed army for em (kinda half troll half serious, 1 human 1 spidaur 1 cyclops 2 kobold pairs) like OP says they really cant be effective in 90% of fights because 1 vs 1 they really cant beat anything but an archer and maybe a gnome.

Really I just think they need a dodge increase in general or stun resistance. Their description says they are supposed to be good at avoiding arrows but i see maybe 17/20 arrows hitting everytime. Archers are pretty good at handling kobolds on their own they usually just need a sword push or two to deal the killing blow to a kobold. I know throwing axes are DEATH to a lone kobold which in my opinion is what a kobold should be able specialize in. They should be as elusive as fairies to thrown axes and any projectile which would force an axe thrower to fight up close like he would 1 vs 1 a fairy.instead of how it is now where the axe thrower backs up 1 space and stuns the kobold, attacks again, now the kobold is near death and cant fight. 1 vs 1 kobold vs axe thrower should go as so; if the axe thrower uses range he's at disadvatage. If the axe thrower has higher health and fights melee then he can outlast a lone kobold.

That 1 vs 1 but kobold come in twos. 1 vs 2 kobolds an axe thrower can do as i say just back up and stun em out usually but at more lost health. Kobolds will win but only if they have a lvl advantage or they dont get stunned. This is what I think giggi is refering too. They cant fight anything with a melee weapon and axe throwers are death to them which should be opposite. 2 kobolds vs 1 axe thrower should be a given kobold win forcing the axe thrower to retreat completely, not back peddle fight a kobold pack and come out on top.

So in conclusion kobolds need a buff in the dodge category or immunity to stun. I say immunity because these are comparable in lore to a goblin and a raptor combined. In my eyes that mean they are bloodthirsty pack hunters with a one track mind, kill. They shouldn't be stunned by being hurt, they should get pissed off and leap at their attacker clawing at the eyes in rage! Heck thats not a bad passive idea actually (gives it thought)

Rage - When a Kobold loses its partner it gets an extra stab in its attack sequence and a +2 attack bonus.

I can see this making sense. "Mr. Whispers" says himself how amazing a kobold's bond is. Having their other half die should infuriate them! This would make things definitely more fair in the kobold vs axe thrower struggle. Now the axe thrower cant single one out. He has to kill them at once or risk the wrath of a very pissed off kobold. This would also make them more viable in non-archer fights. You could purposely use one as a meat shield and then when it dies use the other to make a quick push and finish off a target.

Them be my thoughts on this topic.

ChloeChu    0

I feel like Kobolds would be more balanced if they were immune to stun and slowness effects, enhancing their tactical variety against units like zombies.