CastleCrashingGuru

Random Post Forum - Bloob's Children Are Lost

GoldenGhost    2,058

I'm collecting a list of god-tier DS games that I need to play, so far I have:

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

You all should gimme some suggestions, or offer a recommendation on which one to play first. For the sake of simplicity, assume I've never picked up a DS before

Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds is pretty good, Super Mario 64 DS, Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest IX is super overlooked in the west imo; FFIII & IV (which are also both good, simple JRPGs) get way more attention over here. DQIX even has a neat co-op feature once you hit the 2nd major town! Only the host can progress the singleplayer story, but both players can level up and collect loot, meaning that once you've both beaten a part of the story mode together you can go back and complete it for the other player much faster. Also the player character is fully customisable in signature Toriyama style.

I'm going to recommend all the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan games, and Megaman Zero Collection/ZX/ZX Advent. MMZXA is easily the best MMX style action platformer I can think of, but the others I listed are good too.

Good suggestions so far, I'll check these out too 

Is Bowser's Inside Story good? I can remember liking it, but it's been so long and ever since I played Dream Team I've been scared that it's all tutorials.

If it is good, then play that.

Also, did anybody notice that Banjo-Tooie is way, way worse than Banjo-Kazooie? Nobody told me.

BiS is real good, it's generally considered to be the best in the series after Superstar Saga.

Bloob    582

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

You all should gimme some suggestions, or offer a recommendation on which one to play first. For the sake of simplicity, assume I've never picked up a DS before

Radiant Historia is probably the best DS game I've played.

Hazard    394

Most likely just my childhood nostalgia, but check out Fossil Fighters (the original). Played it for 500+ hours on my DS as a kid.

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds is pretty good, Super Mario 64 DS, Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest IX is super overlooked in the west imo; FFIII & IV (which are also both good, simple JRPGs) get way more attention over here. DQIX even has a neat co-op feature once you hit the 2nd major town! Only the host can progress the singleplayer story, but both players can level up and collect loot, meaning that once you've both beaten a part of the story mode together you can go back and complete it for the other player much faster. Also the player character is fully customisable in signature Toriyama style.

I'm going to recommend all the Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan games, and Megaman Zero Collection/ZX/ZX Advent. MMZXA is easily the best MMX style action platformer I can think of, but the others I listed are good too.

Good suggestions so far, I'll check these out too 

>>

Is Bowser's Inside Story good? I can remember liking it, but it's been so long and ever since I played Dream Team I've been scared that it's all tutorials.

If it is good, then play that.

Also, did anybody notice that Banjo-Tooie is way, way worse than Banjo-Kazooie? Nobody told me.

BiS is real good, it's generally considered to be the best in the series after Superstar Saga.

Personally I dislike the BiS for the 2D stuff, I always liked the camera angles/perspectives in the previous two. Partners in Time feels like a lot more fun to me imo, the puzzles more complex (albeit only a little) and the battle mechanics with PiT are more rewarding and interesting. The bosses have really cool designs and are decently tough if you don't know what's going on (everyone has to admit Sunnycide troubled them at least a little bit when they were younger.) Really though BiS did well with being a lot more open/explorative, and bringing Fawful back to importance.

Long story short though, I see them all really close to each other in quality, I enjoy them all for different reasons but generally they're all about the same, except for Dream Team it wasn't all that good.

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

SpoonArtist    178

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

Rhythm Heaven? I can remember loving that one, and still know all the music.

Bloob    582

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

oh also you have to play at least one layton and ace attorney game

Scaler193    898

-Ghost Trick

-TWEWY

oh also you have to play at least one layton and ace attorney game

Add the Mario & Luigi games to that list as well. Monster Tale is a personal favorite of mine, not the best game in the world but personally my hidden gem of the DS. Also can't go wrong with Yoshi's Island or any Wario games. Kingdom Hearts seems to have gotten a lot of hate but personally I thought it was a great game and one of my favorite stories in a Kingdom Heats game. You don't need to have played the past games as it explains itself pretty well but of course they would help. Drawn to Life and Scribblenauts are also must haves.

Chris    1,202

Okay seriously I went to bed with hiccups and I just woke up and I still have the hiccups and what the heck its driving me nuts please stop.

• Upvote 1

yugo657    450

Okay seriously I went to bed with hiccups and I just woke up and I still have the hiccups and what the heck its driving me nuts please stop.

You have hiccup cancer.

• Upvote 1

Scaler193    898

Next time you have hiccups announce when you are about to hiccup next. It's my personal cure that makes them go away every time.

Edited by Scaler193
  • Upvote 1

yugo657    450
7 minutes ago, SaltOnToast said:

New forum look is weird and friends are followers now.

Everything feels like they tried to get closer to Facebook and I'm starting to not like it.

They removed quite a few features for no reason too.

• Upvote 2

SaltOnToast    366
11 minutes ago, yugo657 said:

Everything feels like they tried to get closer to Facebook and I'm starting to not like it.

They removed quite a few features for no reason too.

It's like a weird hybrid of facebook, old youtube from like 2010 and a forum.

Also signatures have been removed and it makes me sad.

Edited by SaltOnToast

Morg    1,515

List of known changes:

-Signatures are gone

-New content is gone

-Unable to see who likes your post

-???

Chris    1,202
2 minutes ago, Morg said:

List of known changes:

-Signatures are gone

-New content is gone

-Unable to see who likes your post

-???

-Faster transitions between page numbers

-Faster instant updates to threads you're viewing

-Nicer looking profile designs and UI

Don't just focus on the negatives lol. This is day #1 I'm sure stuff can be changed eventually. :-P

Also, let's face it, the old forums were technically outdated and needed this upgrade. Compared to a lot of other forums out there we were trailing.

• Upvote 1

yugo657    450
3 hours ago, Chris said:

-Faster transitions between page numbers

-Faster instant updates to threads you're viewing

-Nicer looking profile designs and UI

Don't just focus on the negatives lol. This is day #1 I'm sure stuff can be changed eventually. :-P

Also, let's face it, the old forums were technically outdated and needed this upgrade. Compared to a lot of other forums out there we were trailing.

Having better technicals is less appealing when the forum is starting to feel more and more like facebook the more I use it.

Edit: most bad stuff is gone, so now it's mostly good stuff!

Edited by yugo657

yugo657    450

Doubleposting but

Now that everyone can see the number of likes without looking at my profile, I guess it's time for me to try hard and be funny so I can get imaginary brownie points!

yugo657    450

So far I'm really enjoying the Pit People beta.

I just love how the narrator (I'm assuming it's Stamper?) and how he emphases the end of his phrases with hard p's and such.

Edit: is the game's name hidden when you play it (like, when friends look at your game in the friends list) and are the screenshots hidden by default for you too?

Edited by yugo657

Scaler193    898

I got nothing to run Pit People on steam, but already enjoyed the Xbox lifestyle woooh! Was pretty rad, didn't have high expectations but for sure going to pick it up when it comes out. (We are on the Behemoth Forums after all, I'm pretty much obligated)

yugo657    450
22 minutes ago, I can't play Mother 3 said:

So I just realized with the new like system with disliking a post there can potentially be users with negative likes.

I feel like this is too much power for one community, and it will only end one way.

I just tried it on you (don't worry, I removed it) and indeed it does remove a reputation from you.

So now I wonder if you have dislike ranks.