Sign in to follow this  
MRvister

How to open your NAT and other ways to improve online connec

nickes    0

Hello, as useful as this thread is to those who need it, it's great, but please suggestion to DMZ (de-materialize) your console, or even router is a very risky take, when you DMZ you are allowing all of your ports to be open, that means computer hackers, bots, and what not can freely travel through any of your ports and attack you directly, only forward ports that you need to forward and you know what the port is for...

Otherwise, good tutorial for those looking how to forward their ports

R34P3R    1

Can someone please help me? I've got all of my information and stuff, but my router website (192.168.1.1) isn't working. Can anyone help?

Kong Wen    0

Trying to forward UDP 3658 for PSN returns the error: "One or more of the requested ports is already allocated for system use" from my router. Ideas? I can test without forwarding this one, but the fact that it has a huge bolded PSN in front of it makes me think it might be important. :)

Guest bobhole   
Guest bobhole

Any update on this?

I dont think the port forward info is correct. I have openned all the ports but it still doesnt work.

I was able to get it to work in the DMZ but I do not want to leave my PS3 in the DMZ.

Based on other port forward guides.

http://portforward.com/cports.htm

(ones in the forum, plus general psn and ps3 ports)

I have opened

tcp 53,80,88,443,3074,3658,5223

udp 53,88,3074,3478-3479,3658,5000-7000,10070-10080

With all these ports open it still doesnt work...

Can a someone confirm which ports are needed exactly ?

Guest bobhole   
Guest bobhole
Can someone please help me? I've got all of my information and stuff, but my router website (192.168.1.1) isn't working. Can anyone help?

in the cmd window type ipconfig /all

The line that says Default Gateway is usually your router's ip.

Guest bobhole   
Guest bobhole

I dont think the port forward info is correct. I have openned all the ports but it still doesnt work.

I was able to get it to work in the DMZ but I do not want to leave my PS3 in the DMZ.

I have opened

sigh...no one has a correct port list for the ps3 version ?

Guest bobhole   
Guest bobhole

I have opened

sigh...no one has a correct port list for the ps3 version ?

Update the ports are correct. Buried in my router's security settings I had

"Filter Anonymous Internet Requests" enabled.

Too bad I have to choose from being seen on the internet vs. a DMZ for ps3.

It would be nice if Behemoth has a central server that host games instead of the peer to peer thing.

Guest SkAzZ   
Guest SkAzZ

it says on my ps3 connection test that UPnP isn't available. Can that interfere with hosting a game online?

Guest SkAzZ   
Guest SkAzZ

i checked all my modem configurations and i can't even find any UPnP options

theres not even an option to turn it on.

PLEASE HELP THE PS3 users we need more specifications on how to set our modems, theres a whole bunch of differences between an Xbox and a PS3

YAY!

PS i love your sig Kelly :D

i checked all my modem configurations and i can't even find any UPnP options

theres not even an option to turn it on.

PLEASE HELP THE PS3 users we need more specifications on how to set our modems, theres a whole bunch of differences between an Xbox and a PS3

YAY!

PS i love your sig Kelly :D

one thing to check is your UPnP settings on your ps3

From the XMB of your PS3, go to Settings>Network Settings>Settings and Connection Status List. Scroll down and check your “UPnP” settings, and your “NAT type”. Check to make sure you have UPnP enabled from your PS3. From the XMB, go to Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection Settings. If you configured your PS3 network using the “Easy” setting, UPnP should be enabled automatically. If you used a “Custom” setup, make sure that your UPnP setting is “Available.”

putting aside UPnP for a moment, are you able to check which ports are fowarding on your router? If those ports are forwarded manually, you may not need UPnP available.

:arrow:

k

Guest SkAzZ   
Guest SkAzZ

i didnt know UPnP had to be activate from the PS3 lol. I thought you had to activate it from your router/modem.

However, i did figure out how to portforward and i even tried DMZ mode but none of those worked :?

Ill try activating UPnP as soon as i can access my PS3. ill keep you informed of the situation ;)

Thanks for the Help.

Guest Eyenza   
Guest Eyenza

Like many others I was having trouble getting uPNP to show as available when testing my PlayStation 3 connection. My setup is a SpeedTouch 516 DSL modem in bridge mode with UPNP enabled, a LinkSys WRT610N with UPNP enabled and a wired PlayStation 3 connection.

Previously nothing I did could get UPNP set as available. Port triggering, port forwarding, DMZ, static IP`s, you name it... nothing worked.

After a lot of trouble shooting I discovered my router has a "Filter Internet NAT Redirection" option under "Security", and then under "Firewall". It seems that option basically broke UPNP and disabling it finally allowed me to have an open NAT.

Note that disabling "Filter Internet NAT Redirection" is not the same thing as disabling NAT completely. For me that's under "Setup" and then under "Advanced Routing"

Hopefully this helps other users who are also having issues... or at the very least other LinkSys users!