Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Castlewiki IN PROGRESS!!

hi again everyone!

here is the link to the "official" castle crashers wiki. It is still in super early stages, but eventually will be your source for all sorts of official-type informations. http://castlewiki.castlecrashers.com/

image upload is working now, so i've started dropping in some images. Most notably the one for all the weapons with official names and stuff. (the links to the individual weapon pages still need to updated with the correct names.) I'll keep adding in images a few every day. yaay!! :D

we need your help to make this awesome! feel free to jump in there and start editing! [great big thanks to everyone who has helped get this going so far!!!]

:arrow:

kelly

Sully    0

It's great to finally have official names for all the weapons! I'll correct the names tomorrow.

What are the official names for the two weapons in the kings DLC pack?

It's great to finally have official names for all the weapons! I'll correct the names tomorrow.

What are the official names for the two weapons in the kings DLC pack?

i'll add those in sometime soon! they are "NG Lollipop" and "NG Gold Sword"

edit: i've added in some more individual images for various weapons and animal orbs.

Slusheee    1

So Emil finally crawls out of his cave and thats all he has to say? :?::P

and on topic, this is awesome, ill be editing/creating some articles in there :)

AcidGlow    0

playdo pasta maker?

zig zag..

skeletor sword.. lol

glowstick

lol, nice names.

:oops:

I still prefer the CC knowledge base layout but nice effort on it.

Sully    0

When I originally listed weapons/characters/pets/etc, I used the wrong page naming format (I'd name a page "RedKnight" when you can and should use "Red Knight"), so I corrected that where it was needed by creating new pages with the correct naming convention.

I also corrected the name of all the weapons and then added the appropriate image to some. I'm too tired to do any more so the rest will have to get done later.

emil    10,004
So Emil finally crawls out of his cave and thats all he has to say? :?::P

and on topic, this is awesome, ill be editing/creating some articles in there :)

haha not very constructive I guess. It's funny because I spend so much time on the forums trying to make sure things don't break (too much) that I rarely get to post. Must change this !!!!!!!

Guest Bardiel   
Guest Bardiel
like i said..its in progress! help us make it awesome!!

Bah! It's awesome enough that it exists... it's more about making it more awesome :P

Sully    0

I did some work on the weapons area last night. Every weapon now has a complete and accurate "How to Obtain" section. Every weapon image that Kelly added now appears on it's weapon page (LIKE THIS)and I started adding my own images to the weapon pages without official behemoth art (LIKE THIS). I'll continue to add my images to weapons that need them and I'll eventually swap them out for official images once Kelly adds them. It's doubtful that the current layout is the final layout for weapon pages, but it's a step in the right direction.

Kelly added character profile images (from the character select screen) and someone else added them to individual character pages already, but I'm not clear why each image has a discolored rectangle near the top. I'd like to eventually replace (or possibly compliment) these images with images of sprites from in-game, ideally the character with it's starting weapon (LIKE THIS). Again, the layout needs work and is far from final.

Lots of work still to be done, but we're getting there!

EDIT: Added an Areas page which needs to be linked on the main page.

I did some work on the weapons area last night. Every weapon now has a complete and accurate "How to Obtain" section. Every weapon image that Kelly added now appears on it's weapon page (LIKE THIS)and I started adding my own images to the weapon pages without official behemoth art (LIKE THIS). I'll continue to add my images to weapons that need them and I'll eventually swap them out for official images once Kelly adds them. It's doubtful that the current layout is the final layout for weapon pages, but it's a step in the right direction.

Kelly added character profile images (from the character select screen) and someone else added them to individual character pages already, but I'm not clear why each image has a discolored rectangle near the top. I'd like to eventually replace (or possibly compliment) these images with images of sprites from in-game, ideally the character with it's starting weapon (LIKE THIS). Again, the layout needs work and is far from final.

Lots of work still to be done, but we're getting there!

EDIT: Added an Areas page which needs to be linked on the main page.

so we are having quite the wiki fest all of a sudden, which is FANTASTIC! an admin from another Castle Crashers wiki, in addition to Sully's expertise are really getting things going on the castlewiki! Thanks guys! Sully, you'll be an admin shortly if you aren't already. please use your powers for good and not for evil.

some things:

the profile images have that weird bar because they are literally the images from the character select screen (your gamer tag appears in that bar). somewhere we have the full images, without that bar, and i think they are a little wider as well. I'll update everything as i find stuff. There are GAJILLIONS of art assets to go through, so i'm adding stuff as fast as i can!

Totally feel free to upload Castle Crasher images you may have, and if i can replace them with a higher quality or more official one later i will. I ask that people do not upload their OWN art to the castlewiki, except to their own profile pages i suppose.

everyone, please feel free to jump in and add informational text, and to add to whats there! that's what a wiki is all about!! If something is wrong, well, we'll correct as we go.

wikihugs + :arrow: ,

kelly

added in the areas page you made (but renamed it "levels")

while areas is perhaps a better term encompassing the levels, stores, and arenas, I think "levels" is more clear as a top level category for the main page, particularly for folks unfamiliar with the game.

Sully    0

Good call. My password just worked so I'm back in (not sure if you were involved in the fix or not).