• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

1,240 posts in this topic

I'm about halfway done with writing my own manga

Sounds interesting.

Can we hope to see this in the creationism forum?

Also, welcome back.

Thank you :)

And sure, as soon as I have a solid final draft of the first book, and I have some character sketches from my illustrator, I'll post that stuff in the forum.

Can't wait to see it!

Oh noes.

Bump for a good purpose.

Some people might wanna talk about this.

I'm one of those people.

I used to be intoa few anime shows, but I got tired of re-runs. I mainly watched Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist, and normally watched all the others that came on for hours and hours until I was too tired to hold my eyelids open. Anime is kind of a powerful thing, you get really dragged into the storyline(which is always super complex).

Anime is kind of a powerful thing, you get really dragged into the storyline(which is always super complex).

Sometimes, though, the story isn't that complex, and doesn't drag you in.

*Cough*Naruto*Cough*

At any rate, I've been watching lots of Miyazaki lately. Did you know that the guys who did Professor Layton are doing a game with Studio Ghibli?

Here's a video of it:

I prefer Anime...simply because I haven't read any manga :lol:

Watched DBZ, it was ok...the fillers were weird though. :|

Used to watch Bleach...but I missed an episode and have been too lazy to look it up. :(

I've been waiting for TMoHS season 2 in english for months now :| Wondering if I should read the manga in the mean time.

I don't really like naruto...it has a few "good" parts..but it just really hasn't sustained my interest. :P

I'm open to any good animes if anyone really recommends some. :)

I prefer Anime...simply because I haven't read any manga :lol:

Watched DBZ, it was ok...the fillers were weird though. :|

Used to watch Bleach...but I missed an episode and have been too lazy to look it up. :(

I've been waiting for TMoHS season 2 in english for months now :| Wondering if I should read the manga in the mean time.

I don't really like naruto...it has a few "good" parts..but it just really hasn't sustained my interest. :P

I'm open to any good animes if anyone really recommends some. :)

I'd recommend Big O (Basically Batman with mechs), Cowboy Bebop (Awesome show about space bounty hunters), and Helsing (Vampires and a bunch of whatnot).

Also, give FLCL a look. Craziest. Anime. Ever.

I never really enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. Never understood what the heck was going on and the animations look so ancient it makes my eyes hurt.

Geeze, don't get me started on Naruto.. SO BORING!!

Believe it.

Or you dont have to and just let the show die sooner or later.

The only mangas ive read and enjoyed are Uzamaki and Gyo.... Please dont kill me... Any recommendations? I like Seinen...

Zomg, a place about anime, and I didn't suggest Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet!

It's a Mecha, so it's automatically pretty good, but the storyline and comedy used in it makes it stand out as one of my favorite anime shows ever. EVER.

Zomg, a place about anime, and I didn't suggest Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet!

It's a Mecha, so it's automatically pretty good, but the storyline and comedy used in it makes it stand out as one of my favorite anime shows ever. EVER.

I tried watching TTGL.

I actually gave up.

Then again.

I still never finished Gunslinger Girl.

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

Hey, curious question. I recently got interested in anime after having watch Intersta 5555 (don't forget I iz nerd), and I did a little digging around just finding some things of interest and I found a show called K-On!. I just watched the first episode and I have to say (it's kind of hard to admit) I liked it a lot :D. I can't really explain why, because there really isn't any action and it's about a girl group band in high school. I thought it was funny and it seemed like an interesting story of some friends rising to fame.

Anyways, anyone else heard of it or seen it?

I've heard of it...a lot actually.

I was debating whether or not I should watch it...

I guess I'll watch it when I have time. :lol:

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

Hey, curious question. I recently got interested in anime after having watch Intersta 5555 (don't forget I iz nerd), and I did a little digging around just finding some things of interest and I found a show called K-On!. I just watched the first episode and I have to say (it's kind of hard to admit) I liked it a lot :D. I can't really explain why, because there really isn't any action and it's about a girl group band in high school. I thought it was funny and it seemed like an interesting story of some friends rising to fame.

God dang it I told you about K-On.

I thought it was cool.

What you really need to watch is Gunslinger Girl.

It's the most beautiful story ever written.

Of course the Anime ended, but the Manga continues.

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

I haven't ever seen K-On! I'll have to watch it sometime.

If you liked Interstella 5555, you'd love a show called Cowboy Bebop. It's about space bounty hunters, and the American dubbed version has fantastic voice acting. Plus, DAT THEME SONG:

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

I thought it was cool.

Sorry Roy :(. I didn't read through the whole thread and I was afraid someone had already brought it up ><.

But I'll check Gunslinger Girl out. Is there any place online I could watch it?

@CCG, thanks I'll check it out here in a bit :).

One of my friends watches Cowboy Bebop a lot, but I haven't seen it yet...probably should xD

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

I thought it was cool.

Sorry Roy :(. I didn't read through the whole thread and I was afraid someone had already brought it up ><.

But I'll check Gunslinger Girl out. Is there any place online I could watch it?

@CCG, thanks I'll check it out here in a bit :).

I mentioned it in the Gundam thread actually, but whatever.

But I still to this day, have not finished Gunslinger Girl.

And it's 13 episodes.

The whole season one.

I hear season 2 is garbage.

Top 3 anime I enjoy the most, in no particular order!

The Slayers

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist

Favorite of all time is The Slayers, love the comedy and action in it, and the story is always enthralling.

Top 3 anime I enjoy the most, in no particular order!

The Slayers

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist

Favorite of all time is The Slayers, love the comedy and action in it, and the story is always enthralling.

I've noticed, when it comes to top 3 anime/manga people enjoy most, it's usually 2 series I've never heard of (Unlike yours, I actually know TTGL and FMA), and then TTGL, FMA, or a currently running Shounen Jump series (AKA Naruto/Bleach/One Piece). Anything else like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Hokuto no Ken is something else.

LIIIIIIIVE I say!

I haven't ever seen K-On! I'll have to watch it sometime.

If you liked Interstella 5555, you'd love a show called Cowboy Bebop. It's about space bounty hunters, and the American dubbed version has fantastic voice acting. Plus, DAT THEME SONG:

I actually remember that theme song from a really long time ago.

It sounds really familiar.

I might've watched Cowboy Bebop long ago, but I just can't remember it.

EDIT:

I happened to come across a K-ON bebop.

I watch a few, and there's a few I don't watch anymore:

Favorites:

-Trigun, some 90's stuff. My favorite.

-Cowboy Bebop, wish I see it more.

-Outlaw Star, the 90's.

-Gunsmith Cats, pretty action-oriented.

Have Seen:

-Most all Tenchi Muyo; OVA, newer stuff, movies, etc.

-Lost Universe, weird dubbing, kind of obscure.

-El Hazard, older stuff.

-Full Metal Alchemist, thanks to CastleCrashingGuru's Livestream, and some older viewings.

As you'll see, pretty much all of them are sci-fi. The last few are ones I haven't seen in a while.