Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

1,235 posts in this topic

I feel like we can't use "They're supposed to be tropes" as an excuse anymore, it's been done too many times. It's just bad/boring characters at this point.

I watched the first or second episode of Kiznaiver last week (I was just watching it because my brother was, and he may have already seen the first), and I could see everything (other than one of them being fat, and the eccentric not actually being an eccentric... But still kind of being eccentric) coming from miles away.

Oh wow, that guy is tough but he's scared of dogs? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that girl who didn't want to tell her secret, then walked off was a murderer? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that red haired girl likes the cool quiet guy who can't feel anything. Wow, that's really interesting.

I dunno... 

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say bad/boring, because maybe it was interesting the first time it was done, but it's definitely worn out.

Edited by daikonboy101

I feel like we can't use "They're supposed to be tropes" as an excuse anymore, it's been done too many times. It's just bad/boring characters at this point.

I watched the first or second episode of Kiznaiver last week (I was just watching it because my brother was, and he may have already seen the first), and I could see everything (other than one of them being fat, and the eccentric not actually being an eccentric... But still kind of being eccentric) coming from miles away.

Oh wow, that guy is tough but he's scared of dogs? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that girl who didn't want to tell her secret, then walked off was a murderer? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that red haired girl likes the cool quiet guy who can't feel anything. Wow, that's really interesting.

I dunno... 

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say bad/boring, because maybe it was interesting the first time it was done, but it's definitely worn out.

I know this is a bump and I'm sorry.

About Kiznaiver,

I honestly think the stort so far tells a story based on character development. Like with

Ruru's and Maki's conflict

. It goes to show that even the type of people who have social problems, embarassment, secret love, lying to yourself, and acting like a "super cool leader", everyone has something they hide. The way the show is able to express what it would be like to share the pain everyones having, everyone is able connect with each other to fix each others problems.

That last sentence made it sound like Social Links in Persona.....

Edited by superBRADY777

I dunno... 

I know this is a bump and I'm sorry.

About Kiznaiver,

I honestly think the stort so far tells a story based on character development. Like with

Ruru's and Maki's conflict

. It goes to show that even the type of people who have social problems, embarassment, secret love, lying to yourself, and acting like a "super cool leader", everyone has something they hide. The way the show is able to express what it would be like to share the pain everyones having, everyone is able connect with each other to fix each others problems.

That last sentence made it sound like Social Links in Persona.....

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd only seen one episode, so my judgement is probably unfair.

Anyone else loving My Hero Academia?

I haven't had time to catch any of it yet, but its on my list of stuff to catch on my days off work coming up soon

Anyone else loving My Hero Academia?

I haven't had time to catch any of it yet, but its on my list of stuff to catch on my days off work coming up soon

It's very predictable, but being able to know what comes next somehow does not affect the quality of the show for my friends and I. i highly recommend it. Also, the music is fantastic, plus Bones animation.

Space Patrol Luluco took a crazy turn just now, good lord almighty

Also, spoilers

Who's ready for Inferno Cop next episode? It's gonna be the best.

Guys I'm so happy Gintama is back I didn't even know it was coming back so soon so that makes it even better :arrow:

giphy.gif

Maid Dragon is pretty alright guys

I want an electrically charged dragon toddler

Been almost two months since anyone's posted in here... now I know yall weebs are watching anime, so you better share what you're watching or else

Personally, I recently finished watching a show that got recommended to me called Kaiba. It's a hi-fi sci-fi show about people who store their memories in data chips and can transfer them between bodies. It's trippy as all hell: the visuals are wild, the environments are surreal, and the technology is very fantasy-like. Kinda reminded me of Space Dandy. Overall I liked it. I give it somewhere around a 8/10 (the show starts very strongly but suffers from Death Note syndrome where the last few episodes get kinda messy) but I can easily recommend checking it out if you want something that's psychologically heavy to depress you but also looks rad.