• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
Roy-G-Biv

The Anime & Manga Club~

I feel like we can't use "They're supposed to be tropes" as an excuse anymore, it's been done too many times. It's just bad/boring characters at this point.

I watched the first or second episode of Kiznaiver last week (I was just watching it because my brother was, and he may have already seen the first), and I could see everything (other than one of them being fat, and the eccentric not actually being an eccentric... But still kind of being eccentric) coming from miles away.

Oh wow, that guy is tough but he's scared of dogs? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that girl who didn't want to tell her secret, then walked off was a murderer? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that red haired girl likes the cool quiet guy who can't feel anything. Wow, that's really interesting.

I dunno... 

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say bad/boring, because maybe it was interesting the first time it was done, but it's definitely worn out.

I know this is a bump and I'm sorry.

About Kiznaiver,

I honestly think the stort so far tells a story based on character development. Like with

Ruru's and Maki's conflict

. It goes to show that even the type of people who have social problems, embarassment, secret love, lying to yourself, and acting like a "super cool leader", everyone has something they hide. The way the show is able to express what it would be like to share the pain everyones having, everyone is able connect with each other to fix each others problems.

That last sentence made it sound like Social Links in Persona.....

Edited by superBRADY777

I feel like we can't use "They're supposed to be tropes" as an excuse anymore, it's been done too many times. It's just bad/boring characters at this point.

I watched the first or second episode of Kiznaiver last week (I was just watching it because my brother was, and he may have already seen the first), and I could see everything (other than one of them being fat, and the eccentric not actually being an eccentric... But still kind of being eccentric) coming from miles away.

Oh wow, that guy is tough but he's scared of dogs? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that girl who didn't want to tell her secret, then walked off was a murderer? Wow, that's really interesting.

Oh wow, that red haired girl likes the cool quiet guy who can't feel anything. Wow, that's really interesting.

I dunno... 

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say bad/boring, because maybe it was interesting the first time it was done, but it's definitely worn out.

I know this is a bump and I'm sorry.

About Kiznaiver,

I honestly think the stort so far tells a story based on character development. Like with

Ruru's and Maki's conflict

. It goes to show that even the type of people who have social problems, embarassment, secret love, lying to yourself, and acting like a "super cool leader", everyone has something they hide. The way the show is able to express what it would be like to share the pain everyones having, everyone is able connect with each other to fix each others problems.

That last sentence made it sound like Social Links in Persona.....

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd only seen one episode, so my judgement is probably unfair.

Anyone else loving My Hero Academia?

I haven't had time to catch any of it yet, but its on my list of stuff to catch on my days off work coming up soon

Anyone else loving My Hero Academia?

I haven't had time to catch any of it yet, but its on my list of stuff to catch on my days off work coming up soon

It's very predictable, but being able to know what comes next somehow does not affect the quality of the show for my friends and I. i highly recommend it. Also, the music is fantastic, plus Bones animation.

• Upvote 2

Space Patrol Luluco took a crazy turn just now, good lord almighty

Also, spoilers

Who's ready for Inferno Cop next episode? It's gonna be the best.

Guys I'm so happy Gintama is back I didn't even know it was coming back so soon so that makes it even better :arrow:

giphy.gif

Maid Dragon is pretty alright guys

I want an electrically charged dragon toddler

Been almost two months since anyone's posted in here... now I know yall weebs are watching anime, so you better share what you're watching or else

Personally, I recently finished watching a show that got recommended to me called Kaiba. It's a hi-fi sci-fi show about people who store their memories in data chips and can transfer them between bodies. It's trippy as all hell: the visuals are wild, the environments are surreal, and the technology is very fantasy-like. Kinda reminded me of Space Dandy. Overall I liked it. I give it somewhere around a 8/10 (the show starts very strongly but suffers from Death Note syndrome where the last few episodes get kinda messy) but I can easily recommend checking it out if you want something that's psychologically heavy to depress you but also looks rad.

• Upvote 1

On 24/03/2017 at 5:01 AM, GoldenGhost said:

Been almost two months since anyone's posted in here... now I know yall weebs are watching anime, so you better share what you're watching or else

Personally, I recently finished watching a show that got recommended to me called Kaiba...

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll add to the list for the next time I'm in a sci-fi mood, which might be kinda soon considering that new Ghost in the Shell movie is just around the corner (which I'm still undecided on. I watch trailers and think maybe it won't suck, but then I think of all the live action anime adaptations that have failed spectacularly).

The shows I'm watching at the moment are DragonBallSuper, Gintama & Gundam. DBS is great at the moment, it had a really rocky start re-telling the movies with worse quality, but has only gotten better with each arc since. If you like dumb comedy and well-animated fight scenes I definitely recommend watching the newest arc.
Gintama just finished up its 2017 run, which was only 12 episodes. If you know Gintama, you'll know that its a comedy/action series known for its adult references and occasional 4th wall stuff, however this latest season (and the latter half of the previous season) have been more dramatic, story-heavy affairs. Jumping in now you won't find much to enjoy (except some good animation towards the end of the season), but if you've been watching the series for most of the last decade you will find a lot to enjoy. Watching mostly comic characters (that have had a lot of serious moments over the years) play in something as tragic and world-changing as the current arc is a treat. It's a shame the series will probably be coming to its end over the next couple years :c.
And then there's Gundam. I thought it was high time I got into this series at the start of this year. I had no idea where to start, but since I had watched most of Gundam Wing a few years ago, I started with another Gundam series created around the same time, with similar animation and dubbing: G Fighter Gundam. Without going into a lot of detail about the show, I'll just say its definitely a product of the era it was created in. Lots of harsh stereotypes, flashy animation, and DBZ-esque fight scenes. Its dumb and you have to switch your brain off to get through most of it (it certainly isn't something I can recommend to everyone), but if you just want to watch a bunch of Gundams punching each other (in some well animated battles) I'd say give it a look. Since I finished that up I've been watching Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and its much closer to what most people think of when they think of Gundam; lots of politics and deep story split up with large-scale mech battles. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Chris said:

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll add to the list for the next time I'm in a sci-fi mood, which might be kinda soon considering that new Ghost in the Shell movie is just around the corner (

which I'm still undecided on. I watch trailers and think maybe it won't suck, but then I think of all the live action anime adaptations that have failed spectacularly).

The shows I'm watching at the moment are DragonBallSuper, Gintama & Gundam. DBS is great at the moment, it had a really rocky start re-telling the movies with worse quality, but has only gotten better with each arc since. If you like dumb comedy and well-animated fight scenes I definitely recommend watching the newest arc.
Gintama just finished up its 2017 run, which was only 12 episodes. If you know Gintama, you'll know that its a comedy/action series known for its adult references and occasional 4th wall stuff, however this latest season (and the latter half of the previous season) have been more dramatic, story-heavy affairs. Jumping in now you won't find much to enjoy (except some good animation towards the end of the season), but if you've been watching the series for most of the last decade you will find a lot to enjoy. Watching mostly comic characters (that have had a lot of serious moments over the years) play in something as tragic and world-changing as the current arc is a treat. It's a shame the series will probably be coming to its end over the next couple years :c.
And then there's Gundam. I thought it was high time I got into this series at the start of this year. I had no idea where to start, but since I had watched most of Gundam Wing a few years ago, I started with another Gundam series created around the same time, with similar animation and dubbing: G Fighter Gundam. Without going into a lot of detail about the show, I'll just say its definitely a product of the era it was created in. Lots of harsh stereotypes, flashy animation, and DBZ-esque fight scenes. Its dumb and you have to switch your brain off to get through most of it (it certainly isn't something I can recommend to everyone), but if you just want to watch a bunch of Gundams punching each other (in some well animated battles) I'd say give it a look. Since I finished that up I've been watching Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and its much closer to what most people think of when they think of Gundam; lots of politics and deep story split up with large-scale mech battles. Good stuff.

I've seen a few reviews for the Ghost in the Shell movie that seem to make it look just okay, which is certainly much better than I would've expected. Might check it out tbh

Also I wanted to give Gundam a try last year but couldn't figure out where I was supposed to start with it, I figure it's a pretty important staple for the mecha genre and I've had only good experiences with those. But there's been so many shows of it that it's confusing to find a good place to jump in.

50 minutes ago, GoldenGhost said:

I've seen a few reviews for the Ghost in the Shell movie that seem to make it look just okay, which is certainly much better than I would've expected. Might check it out tbh

Also I wanted to give Gundam a try last year but couldn't figure out where I was supposed to start with it, I figure it's a pretty important staple for the mecha genre and I've had only good experiences with those. But there's been so many shows of it that it's confusing to find a good place to jump in.

Even if it just turns out to be okay, that's probably good enough for me. Not sure if I could recommend it to others based on that, but at least I'll be satisfied with proof that Hollywood can produce a competent live-action anime adaptation when it wants to.

Gundam is weird in that there's so much content and so many variations on the same designs that introducing new fans is tough, but with so much varied content there's something for everyone to enjoy somewhere. For example, I felt the mainline (Universal Century) story way too deep to just jump into somewhere, so I started with some of the more action-heavy series of the 90s instead that take place in their own timelines. Iron Blooded Orphans I feel is also a good starting point and provides a modern take on the story heavy Gundam formula; it also takes place in its own timeline and doesn't rely on previous knowledge of the series. Also the animation and mech designs are top.

I've been watching March Comes in Like a Lion, it's pretty good but I definitely like the regular slice of life parts over the shogi games. 

I started Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) it's really good. A second season is coming out in Fall. This was animated by Bones so I'm sure after My Hero Academia S2 it will air.

• Upvote 1