Sign in to follow this  
danp

PS3 characters ahoy?

danp    519

hi guys

we're considering making new characters to replace some original ones when we release the PS3 version.

what do you guys think?

well the one thing i didnt like was that alot of the unlockable characters had the arrows and knife power so maybe that can be changed

and for the new characters well a playable princess

some women peasants

playable troll

idk?

Zugama    29

Awwww. :( Maybe that is not a good idea, because then people who own the Xbox360 version might complain, but I don't know. If you want to go for it, then go for it! (Doesn't that mean that you'll have to change some of the enemies too?)

HeavyHorse    0

Honestly, I'd imagine that would annoy some future PS3 players who've yet to be able to play as a character they had their eyes on. What if you removed the one they wanted to play as (like Snakey for example)? Not only that, but 360 players would get jealous too.

I think if you wanted to give PS3 owners something extra for their patience, you should consider giving them extra characters instead of replacing others. Example: Have the DLC characters of the 360 version already available in the PS3 version from the start.

This way everyone can choose their favorite characters in some way, but the PS3 owners at least get something extra for the wait. Just an idea.

Denivire    6

I think the best way to go about that is to make some characters that have not been playable, playable, but make them available as DLC for the 360 people so they don't feel the hurt, like said above.

Some characters that are popular and doable would be the trolls, the blacksmith, and the princesses. Some of the characters from the beginning point would be neat as well, like the woman who teaches you about magic.

Zugama    29
I think the best way to go about that is to make some characters that have not been playable, playable, but make them available as DLC for the 360 people so they don't feel the hurt, like said above.

Some characters that are popular and doable would be the trolls, the blacksmith, and the princesses. Some of the characters from the beginning point would be neat as well, like the woman who teaches you about magic.

That would be good! :D I just hope that if they do, microsoft doesn't price them too high. :x

HeavyHorse    0

This would work perfectly fine as well.

Pretty much, make all characters available in some way on each system, whether you add any or not. Don't make characters console specific.

I personally feel you dont need more characters. if you just tweaked some of the magic of some characters it would go a long way. It diminishes the joy of having a new character when they play more or less like everyone else.

Like say have the peasant randomly summon a goat. And it would randomly go around attacking people. Or maybe spikes pop up that impale your oppenent. A temporary stat boost spell. Or maybe a weaker homing attack spell. One of the best characters in the game is the industrial knight just because his magic is so different and fitting to his theme.

If you just change the magic moves around and tweak the multiplayer options you almost have an entirely new game on your hands. The changes would have that much of an impact.

Bloob    582

If you do, more people who own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360 will have more incentive to buy it on the PS3.

But then 360 owners might complain.

But if you don't PS3 owners might complain :shock:

Can I ask why you want to change some of the characters? It might help us give you a better answer. ;)

Anyway, I don't think there should be console specific characters because I seriously doubt anyone is going to rebuy this game again if they already have it. That being said, if there are different characters I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a flurry of people complaining, asking questions about it, or demanding it as free DLC for their console. When a parent gives one child more attention the other tends to get jealous.

There are many dedicated and loyal fans out there who expect such loyalty in return and can be scorned easily. Look at the Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott on Valve's hands. The majority of those boycotters are people who bought Left 4 Dead on day one and help spread the word of the game when it first came out.

That being said, fans just want to see support in one form or another. This is perhapes one of the most acitive communities for a game I've ever seen and it's an archade game at that.

What you do for PS3, 360 owners will want in return. I don't feel that changing the game for one console is as a good of an idea as adding to it for both.

Pedrg93    1

Well... some characters could have their magic tweaked... cough*arrowrain*cough... you could add, I dunno, Horrid!

Anywho, all of them are awesome! But the less awesomes, like the royal guard, Iceskimo, and perhaps Stoveface could have a little magic overhaul... oh yeah, playable blacksmith and MOAR MOUNTS! Me want crocodile!

Oh yeah, and fix the ninja's splash attack. Add some bang to it!

Darkshadow1    0
No PS3 exclusive characters. No 360 exclusive characters. Just add the characters for both consoles.

This.

How can you even think like this Dan, when the Necro pack has NOT come out yet??!!

Anyway, Make the Char for both consoles because that wouldn't be fair for both sides. Here are some Ideas:

1. Troll

2.Pink knight

3.Industrilist knight(that wimpy boss)

4. all the princesses

5.Blacksmith

6.Pirates

7.The who you give the 3 artifacts to.

8. Frog knight????

Well thats all I've got, BUT please make this for both consoles so we don't fight over anything.

And were still waiting for a certain pack....

Can I ask why you want to change some of the characters? It might help us give you a better answer. ;)

Anyway, I don't think there should be console specific characters because I seriously doubt anyone is going to rebuy this game again if they already have it. That being said, if there are different characters I have no doubt in my mind that there will be a flurry of people complaining, asking questions about it, or demanding it as free DLC for their console. When a parent gives one child more attention the other tends to get jealous.

There are many dedicated and loyal fans out there who expect such loyalty in return and can be scorned easily. Look at the Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott on Valve's hands. The majority of those boycotters are people who bought Left 4 Dead on day one and help spread the word of the game when it first came out.

That being said, fans just want to see support in one form or another. This is perhapes one of the most acitive communities for a game I've ever seen and it's an archade game at that.

What you do for PS3, 360 owners will want in return. I don't feel that changing the game for one console is as a good of an idea as adding to it for both.

I agree, Don't turn your own back on you're original fans. If you are going to do this right we both need equal Gifts.

GILLHUHN    0

please behemoth no exclusives i like ps3 and will get CC for ps3 when it comes out but i like my 360 alot more and would feel my life missing something if my ps3 version had exclusives my xbox did not have

Mosqueton    0
No PS3 exclusive characters. No 360 exclusive characters. Just add the characters for both consoles.

QFT

Besides, ALL the characters on CC have a little somethinfg that makes them special.

Guest Orochi avlis   
Guest Orochi avlis

I hate being repetitive but...

If you are going to add an exclusive character, let it be Kratos.

Cut the Alien (unless your willing to port that as well) and replace him with Kratos. This is based, of course, if Sony allows it.

Having one or two characters who are exclusive to each console isn't going to be the end of the world.

Darkshadow1    0
Having one or two characters who are exclusive to each console is
END OF THE WORLD.

NO MEANS NO.

Are we clear?

I don't think he understands the "Balence" of content.

Perfect example Fallout 3:

For now.....

GILLHUHN    0
I hate being repetitive but...

If you are going to add an exclusive character, let it be Kratos.

Cut the Alien (unless your willing to port that as well) and replace him with Kratos. This is based, of course, if Sony allows it.

Having one or two characters who are exclusive to each console isn't going to be the end of the world.

kratos would ruin castle crashers im sorry but he just would not fit in with the game