Followers 0
SuPeRnAtUrAl123

Is the Green Knight good?

is the green knight good?   55 members have voted

1. 1. is the green knight good?

• Meh
    • No
    • Yes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

The Green Knight is only as good as the player who uses him. Yes there is this whole bunch of crap with the mechanics and the facts and statistics that may factor in, but it depends on who's using him. Yea his juggle may be different, but maybe there is an advantage to that, that nobody's found yet....

Yea his juggle may be different, but maybe there is an advantage to that, that nobody's found yet....
I have looked high and low for any sort of advantage in Green's YY. There simply is not one there to find.

It's slower.

It has an unorthodox timing.

Using it doesn't give you any air compared to the spin YY, which means

He can't XXYY. He has to XXXXY for Insane, which is a slower juggle rotation.

Using XYY in Arena, even if you master it, leaves you more vulnerable to counter-juggles in 3- or 4-way matches... because it takes longer

Enemies you juggle don't stay airborne or in your juggle longer.

You're not doing more damage.

There's just nothing there.

umm to the dude who got offended by what i said about the blue knight and put green as meh b/c of that :lol: sry if i offended u blue is very good except that his magic waste very quickly i didnt say hes bad i said hes good which is better then meh :D

but WHY is the green knight the only one with a different YYY ?? its so freakin confusing :twisted: lol :lol:

I'm assuming it's because Dan P drew the entire game and the Green Knight is his favorite character. He probably wanted him to be unique from all the others.

The Green's YYXX air combo is simply naf! Try solo insane on lava world with him and you'll get the picture.Yes his RTY is pretty good and is for that reason i would use him on CO-OP insane,but for solo?....NAH!

The Green's YYXX air combo is simply naf! Try solo insane on lava world with him and you'll get the picture.Yes his RTY is pretty good and is for that reason i would use him on CO-OP insane,but for solo?....NAH!

Greens fine the way he is and i always seem to do just fine with him in any mode.. 8-)

usually when i have to fight more than 1 person at a time i can only come out alive on a regular basis with the green knight or orange knight.

i don't care for juggling, i like magic.

usually when i have to fight more than 1 person at a time i can only come out alive on a regular basis with the green knight or orange knight.

yea me to but im trying to practice on juggling and combos

Magic is ftw :D

Orange magic is extremely good, I never got to use greens but i've seen it :P

the orange knight sux
Let me stop you there.

Orange Knight is the best Arena character in the entire game. No character's RTY has more range than Orange's. Not Green, not Red, not Blue, not anybody.

As for the other characters?

Red is good for Insane, but in Arena his lightning won't work against pros (the people who will juggle you to death).

Blue is a solid character all-around. Everyone knows why.

Green? I don't know why beginners flock to him, but there is honestly nothing there. Once you learn how to play the game at the highest level, he's just not worth using.

This isn't a taste issue. It's simple mechanics. Green Knight is worthless.

You're making the Green Knight seem unusable. His juggle takes such a little difference in timing that it hardly takes any more effort to juggle with him, than with another character. You can still do all the same juggles with GK, and all-though your juggle may be a tad slower he makes up for it by doing those sweet back flips. I have to disagree about the Red Knight too. I still catch "pros" In his Splash magic all the time. :lol:

You can still do all the same juggles with GK.
Except you can't. XYY is a timing issue, and that can be compensated for with practice, but! in Insane Mode he simply can't XXYY. Even if you stack Agility, using the XXYY rotation with GK results in you landing. The end result is that you're forced to XXXXY, which is a much, much slower juggle.

If there is some fancy juggle he can pull off that's better than XXXXY for use on lightweights, I'd still bet that it's slower than the non-GK XXYY.

For Arena, you might be able to make a case at very high skill levels, but it wouldn't be a strong one. Perhaps he'd rival Bomb users or something silly.

the orange knight sux
Let me stop you there.

Orange Knight is the best Arena character in the entire game. No character's RTY has more range than Orange's. Not Green, not Red, not Blue, not anybody.

As for the other characters?

Red is good for Insane, but in Arena his lightning won't work against pros (the people who will juggle you to death).

Blue is a solid character all-around. Everyone knows why.

Green? I don't know why beginners flock to him, but there is honestly nothing there. Once you learn how to play the game at the highest level, he's just not worth using.

This isn't a taste issue. It's simple mechanics. Green Knight is worthless.

You're making the Green Knight seem unusable. His juggle takes such a little difference in timing that it hardly takes any more effort to juggle with him, than with another character. You can still do all the same juggles with GK, and all-though your juggle may be a tad slower he makes up for it by doing those sweet back flips. I have to disagree about the Red Knight too. I still catch "pros" In his Splash magic all the time. :lol:

Personnaly that's your opinon Fenix. If you ask me here's my charactor list-

-Orange- Bassicly the average player, kindo've like all his stats are the same sortof ya know?

-Blue Knight- I used to love the blue knight, but when I started juggling I didn't like him. Blue knight's magic jump will keep the enemy on the ground, and if the enemy is fast, he can excape unharmed- weak juggling power

-Red Knight- I never really use the red knight. He can be good in campaign, but in arena, he's just cheap-

-Green Knight- I like the green knight really nothing to say but he's a good juggler.

Overall I just use the skeleton because he's a lot like the orange knight, and he looks cool :P

Other then that, you should listen to Imperfect Luck... Just look at the leaderboards :lol:

You can still do all the same juggles with GK.
Except you can't. XYY is a timing issue, and that can be compensated for with practice, but! in Insane Mode he simply can't XXYY. Even if you stack Agility, using the XXYY rotation with GK results in you landing. The end result is that you're forced to XXXXY, which is a much, much slower juggle.

If there is some fancy juggle he can pull off that's better than XXXXY for use on lightweights, I'd still bet that it's slower than the non-GK XXYY.

For Arena, you might be able to make a case at very high skill levels, but it wouldn't be a strong one. Perhaps he'd rival Bomb users or something silly.

Fenix, please stop raging over Green in every thread you have a chance to.. Green is just as good as the other Knights at juggling, the only thing thats different from him is that it actually takes a little difference in your strat to juggle with him... And actually, you do that XXY that slams them down with your Red, someone posted your video showing how earlier, and i'll admit your very good at juggling but you can do the exact same thing with Green you just need better timing

Its not that Green sucks, Fenix, its that you probably just never actually took the time to figure out how to juggle correctly.. Hes the only character that can go completely off the screen by juggling because his flip sends them higher then most characters if you do it right

Personnaly that's your opinon Fenix. If you ask me here's my charactor list-

-Orange- Bassicly the average player, kindo've like all his stats are the same sortof ya know?

-Blue Knight- I used to love the blue knight, but when I started juggling I didn't like him. Blue knight's magic jump will keep the enemy on the ground, and if the enemy is fast, he can excape unharmed- weak juggling power

-Red Knight- I never really use the red knight. He can be good in campaign, but in arena, he's just cheap-

-Green Knight- I like the green knight really nothing to say but he's a good juggler.

Overall I just use the skeleton because he's a lot like the orange knight, and he looks cool :P

Other then that, you should listen to Imperfect Luck... Just look at the leaderboards

On Orange, I love his magic .. Hes easy to move around and just blast people to death while jumping to dodge their attempts to shoot / hit you then meteor them with fire balls.. I beat a level 87 blue knight doing that when i was level 18 >.>

Red knight has good magic for killing people and he can hold down even Beefy enemies with his spells, and it looks cool :P Only problem i had with his spells is that is hard to figure out where to aim, because the aoe is so small just very long

Green Knight is a good juggler, like you said, though i can't say much about his magic as i never went magic.. He was the first knight i played and hes still my favorite even after beating most of the others on normal mode but with his juggling power if you really want to be cheap with it, you can try to keep them up in the air while having the Troll animal orb and regen your life to full if your out of potions

That'd be easy to do 'cause Green can go off the top of the screen

For blue.. I like his magic, freezing is very good and got me out of some tight situations in Princess battles, but your wrong on how the freezing makes his juggle worse

Just freeze them with normal moves, then juggle.. I'm not sure if his jump will unfreeze them like normal attacks do but if not just attack them with a normal jump >.> Don't HAVE to use the magic one

I use the green knight because I accidently deleted all my data(bye bye, level 99 gold skull industrialist!) I have become fond of him, simply because I like challenges. Is he good to irritate people by spamming RT+B and A, RT+Y? Yes! Is his YY good? No, it is not. It ruins it, considering that it makes it harder to use. I like the green knight, because the red knight is just a no effort win to me, considering you can just use RT+Y and hold it. Blue is not very fun either, considering the ease of winning. So total: Red and Orange are spammers, Blue will just make you have no chance, and, OH MY GOD, Green puts an ACTUAL CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case.

With Green Knight you can do alternate juggles, but if you can't adapt to his melee then he's the worst of the starters. 

The main problem with green knight is that you get muscle memory for juggling, and it becomes nearly impossible to do XXY instead of XXYY after 30 gold skulls with the normal characters. I knew that would happen so I did Green Knight as one of my first gold skulls, and I'm glad that I did; I can't play it now.  I would recommend anyone that wants to do Gold Skulls to do Green Knight very early so you don't get too used to the normal juggle.  With that being said, I'm screwed when the remaster comes out; I'm either going to have to get really used to the Green Knight's worthless juggle, or have to get a multiplayer lobby.