• Announcements

• megan

RTX 2017 - Booth 401   06/02/2017

We’re headed back to Austin, Texas for our 5th time exhibiting at Rooster Teeth Expo (RTX)! You’ll be able to find us at RTX 2017 Booth 401 (next to our friends, Supergiant Games) from July 7 to July 9 and we’re going to have lots of new stuff this year.   See our Blog Post for all the details, including the new merch we're bringing with us! 
The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight's Insane Mode Guide

307 posts in this topic

No problem. I did a few grammar checks and edited the Equipement section to include numbers and I tweeked number 4 a bit to provide more useful information.

just one more thing man

your forgot two pretty important orbs

snail and piggy

piggy is best when teamed with hawkster

and snail is best sometimes going solo for more defence

There's a problem with this. Evil Sword only gives 56 more health than Club. That will never save you in insane mode.

I just wanted to post that that this has been linked to in one of my YouTube videos (in signature). Thanks!

Thanks for this guide. I haven't really played insane mode a whole lot since I got the game, but this will definitely help out.

Very, very nice. I kinda want this to have a sticky. It is just the most helpful Insane Mode guide out there.

There's a problem with this. Evil Sword only gives 56 more health than Club. That will never save you in insane mode.

Really? I'll have to do some more testing when I have access to my Xbox again. It wont be for a few more weeks probably. If I have the chance I'll update the guide again. Good find Awnner and thanks for the youtube link.

Really? I'll have to do some more testing when I have access to my Xbox again. It wont be for a few more weeks probably. If I have the chance I'll update the guide again. Good find Awnner and thanks for the youtube link.

I already tested health extensively. I posted it on the defense page on Castlepedia. I think I'll test damage with strength, magic, and agility whenever I get bored. The trick to finding these values is that different damage is done to different enemies in story mode. I think some story mode enemies have a hidden "damage resistance" stat to different damage types (strength, magic and magic Damage over time types, and agility). I'll do the testing in something like the King's Arena against another player so that damage resistance does not affect calculations (assuming regular characters do not have a damage resistance). From the derived formulas, the base stats in online arena could also be found by testing damage with different weapon and animal skill additions and subtractions. I'll work on this the next chance I get!

I've updated the guide by improving the grammar and adding more color to things of note and the links so all the information doesn't just seem to blur together.

I will also be testing out more weapons and animal orbs for additional data to add. Right now I'm checking out the usefulness of Dragonhead looking into the Hawkster and Piggy combination with a teammate.

If you have anything you'd like me to check out please let me know. ;)

This guide looks beautiful. I've skimmed through it many times, but I've never really gone on a real insane mode game. A couple times with friends, but I've never really made it to the end. Maybe one day...

So Otto has revealed some interesting things to me that may require important changes to the guide. I want to test them out one more time but it turns out I could be wrong on how to beat the game.

So Otto has revealed some interesting things to me that may require important changes to the guide. I want to test them out one more time but it turns out I could be wrong on how to beat the game.

Otto knows his stuff...

Ive showed him a few things which he never knew but hes the juggling master

like he told me..

"dont try to sell fish to an eskimo"

Otto knows his stuff...

like he told me..

i've only learnt the air combos too see me thru insane mode.but their are some more i need to nail tho for ex...the green knight i've hardly played with,i gotta learn his air moves...that boomerang air combo...there is a front flip infinate air combo i saw someone use..plus some other fancy combos i've seen on the tube.

Otto knows his stuff...

like he told me..

i've only learnt the air combos too see me thru insane mode.but their are some more i need to nail tho for ex...the green knight i've hardly played with,i gotta learn his air moves...that boomerang air combo...there is a front flip infinate air combo i saw someone use..plus some other fancy combos i've seen on the tube.

Again its very simple

If you do X+A then back swing if x then Y will lift the body up

If you do a then x,x then y the forward swing will smack the body down

So to properly juggle with green knight you must do X+a, x,y then x,x,y or

x+a,x,x,y,x,x,y

Odd/Even is the key.

With the right timiing and height you might be able to get two y,y's with him but thats the flip

Boomerang air juggle is jump then press b to throw it in the air then jump and juggle (x,y,y, or x,x,y)

Make your own combos.. just remeber the x swing back or forward will control the body. If your really good you can go X,Y,X,Y,X,Y and lift them up

Again its very simple

If you do X+A then back swing if x then Y will lift the body up

If you do a then x,x then y the forward swing will smack the body down

So to properly juggle with green knight you must do X+a, x,y then x,x,y or

x+a,x,x,y,x,x,y

Odd/Even is the key.

With the right timiing and height you might be able to get two y,y's with him but thats the flip

yeah fanx for that, i been too lazy with the green knight.i can regular juggle with him but on fire demons it dont work.the one you mentioned should do nicely.

feedle,i had a bash at the green knight infinate air combo its a+xyy xxyy xxyy xxyy....etc as apposed to the other knights a+xyy xyy xyy xyy...etc.i havnt figured out where to put the b magic in that combo n keep it going yet,i will work on it tho.

feedle,i had a bash at the green knight infinate air combo its a+xyy xxyy xxyy xxyy....etc as apposed to the other knights a+xyy xyy xyy xyy...etc.i havnt figured out where to put the b magic in that combo n keep it going yet,i will work on it tho.

so your just adding an extra x which makes it a air to ground juggle right?

so your just adding an extra x which makes it a air to ground juggle right?

yeah,if you want green to just fly for as long as you like just add an extra x.hes still got that annoying backflip tho.

the greens infinate air is different to the other knights where you add an extra x.the front flip combo can be performed by all the other knights.personally i dont need it for insane,but it may have its uses for whatever i dunno,i did play with a guy who used it on lava world tho..

...and this is the green knight in action using variations of uppercut combos...

still think the green is one of the worst knights in the game fenix?

i have no problems with him on solo insane...regardless the "gimp" yy.

the main thing with his combo is never repeat y,y...

you can add as many x,x,x,x, as you want but y,y is what kills it

x,y,x,y,x,y,x

x,x,y,x,x,y

x,y,x,y,x,x,y,x,y,x,y,x,x,y

make your own combo

Otto when will you be on again? I haven't seen you since my internet started going out every other week.

I've moved in with my woman, we only have 1 connection to the net so when i get the time i'm playin cc offline at the momment.We're refurbishing this place and the work is 24-7,a lot of work to do here, I'll be back online hopefully in Sept or Oct.

By then you should have some more grey skulls for insane runs? What is your grey-gold proggress now?