The Forgotten Knight

The Forgotten Knight's Insane Mode Guide

307 posts in this topic

My Grey Knight, Orange Knight, and Necromancer are all good to go.

Ok,i can hook up to live temporary at the weekends.I got a new plasma but its not on the wall yet so i'll have to make do with a portable for now. Can you make it this Sat or Sun?

didnt know anything about the save thingy and the horn. thank u, this deserves a Sticky! :lol:

as soon as i can use this guide, i will follow it. really this should be a sticky thread

I've just confirmed otto's theory for the requirements necessary to complete the game. Turns out I was wrong about the Horn and that you simply need to beat the Final Boss twice. I'll update the guide tomorrow, I'm going to bed right now.

this guide will save alot of headaches from the tough levels which dont need to be played or beaten if someone has done this already (host with gold skull)

Skipping full moon, snow world, marsh, desert. necro and some of the prolonged levels makes it easier

I have to thank you for posting this. It does me no good at the moment due to castle crashers not being on PS3 yet, but i'm sure this will help out.

I've finished updating the guide. For those of you keeping up with the info changes you'll notice the qualifications different for unlocking the Gold Skull. This was due to a few errors, coincidences, and assumptions made on my part but luckily trial and error prevailed once again. Thanks again to otto for pointing that out to me.

A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into finding out and confirming all this information so if you've ever played insane mode with me, chances are you were helping me write this guide.

Special thanks to

Drunken Feedle

Babbity Rabbity

Otto

Awnner5

Kataka

Invader

TheCakeWuzaLie

ShortySTK

Lupo714

You might want to add that rammy knocks over foes if your the owner and have fallen down waiting to be revived. He will keep the enemies away from the corpse

I've only had to beat the final boss once to get my gold skulls, but then again I also beat all 3 bosses before the final.

Also, I know this is a Xbox guide, but the only difference in the PS3 version is you have to beat Full Moon, so you can just make it a different color or something to show it's PS3 exclusive. :D

I've only had to beat the final boss once to get my gold skulls, but then again I also beat all 3 bosses before the final.

Also, I know this is a Xbox guide, but the only difference in the PS3 version is you have to beat Full Moon, so you can just make it a different color or something to show it's PS3 exclusive. :D

Can someone else verify this? I'm just asking because I don't have a PS3 and I don't want to mislead anyone.

Can someone else verify this? I'm just asking because I don't have a PS3 and I don't want to mislead anyone.

Last boss only needs to die once

Wizard Castle Interior needs to be played, but you can just walk to the final boss for it to be complete

full moon must be done

i beat insane earlier today (yay!) with the help of the guide and a friend, and this is what happened (remember my buddy completed the first two points)

I didnt beat full moon

I only completed part of the interior (i didnt try before we beat the hallway, painter, and cyclops)

I had to beat the evil wizard twice

I completed insane mode but I didnt receive the gold skull or the trophy. I completed all the required stages but didn't beat the boss while having the horn. I also didnt blow the horn on the gate. Could this have been the problem stoping me from gaining my gold skull and trophy?

Hey Knight i like your guide. You pretty much got everything right. Hey if i know you from xbox tell me cause i know most the pro's. Anyway guys arrow spaming does not work so plz dont do it. And for the pro's out there you can still complete insane starting at level 28 cause you level up fast anyway. Just never put anything on agility until the very end or you would have to start at level 40 like the guide master had said. But one of your posts gave me an idea that i should post a comboing guide. But hey good stuff someone needed to make a guide. ;)

Pros*

And yes, arrow spamming DOES work.

Hey guys, sorry I've been M.I.A. for a while. My internet hasn't been working and now that I'm in my new apartment things are a lot better.

Okay, so I'm going to update that Full Moon does need to be beaten for the PS3 version but I need one other person to verify that the Interior must be walked in and/or that the Final Boss only needs to be beaten once.

Slaible- From your description I'm guessing you're playing on the Xbox. If so then everything you said matches correctly.

Modern Yorkster- Did you at least beat the Corn Boss? In the xbox version you don't need the horn but you still have to beat the Corn Boss.

MadBestKiller- Otto can beat insane mode with zero strength starting at level 20. My is in my extended signature.

hey TFK, thanks for replying dude, anywau im actually on the ps3, so did i just get lucky and not have to beat full moon and yet have to beat last boss twice? because idk if i could handle those beefy stovefaces :cry: anyway, i know i couldnt have beaten half the crap i DESTROYED if it werent for this guide, anyway, thanks so much :D

Okay, so I took the Full Moon needed for the PS3 out since there are two saying that it's needed and two that it's not. I'm going to leave it off until it can be verified by someone else.