• Announcements

• emil

Pit People Steam Beta   09/27/2016

We’ve just started sending out Pit People Steam Beta Invites! If you haven’t signed up for the closed beta, you can still register by October 3rd. Beta Keys will be sent out on September 28th!
Roy-G-Biv

Tb Community: History Book | Submissions Needed!

149 posts in this topic

This'll be a reference point for if you're arguing about the past and whatnot.
Or if you are new and have no clue what the Tyson invasion was for example.

Of course, this is work in progress.
So I'll start off with a few recent things.
Unless you provide me a specific date for events via PM, most of this will not have exact dates.

THIS WILL include fads.
Template here.

Event | Month Day, Year
This event happened. description so and so.

THE PAST | Beginnings - July 2008

Alien Hominid (The original Game) | August 7th, 2002
The game the console versions was based off of.
It's a bit different. (for one, it lacked the rolling ability. 2nd, it lacked grenades. You can't drive cars as well.)
You could also kill the fat kid in the beginning.

Submitted by Drunken Feedle

Alien Hominid (The Console version) | November 17th, 2004
The game that singlehandedly made The Behemoth popular.
It was similar to the game above.
A man named John Baez came to Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin, stating that they should make a console version of it.
Well look at what we have here.

Alien Hominid HD | February 28th, 2007
This made Alien Hominid popular, again.
But this is better because it's $10, in HD, and TB no longer needs a publisher.

Creation of the forum | August 11, 2008
The anticipation of Castle Crashers was nigh.
So Emil decides to make a forum for us.

I personally was a lurker when this place started.
Didn't make an account until............
Look at my join date.

Enter: Kelly, the first moderator | August 13, 2008
The first to be mod. She actually was an employee of The Behemoth. She eventually appointed people to be moderators and was overall really nice. (not Da Milk Man and I though. We came after she left.)

Castle Crashers, RELEASED | August 27, 2008
They released the game that would go down in history as the most DL'd XBLA game of all time.

Online was laggy | August 27, 2008
The online was laggy, people were kicked left and right, people were angry according to all the blogs I read.
And the website's server crashed.
Just like the various castles you crashed.

You're Banned! | September 20, 2008
On September 20th, 2008, a TB Forum User named Marine54 unknowingly created the most popular thread on TB Community forums today. At the initial creation of the thread, Marine's post received mixed opinions from the mod "shesjustaglitch", but later gained such speed and momentum that it single-handedly became the monster devouring the Off-Topic forum. It is still today a legend, in that it still retains the record of most popular thread. However, it has lost a bit of its previous speed with the slowing down and separation of the forum into subforums.

Dragoneggs, or whatever they were called | October 05, 2008
Basically you had these eggs.
If people clicked on them they could hatch to become cool little dragons.
It was partially Chris's fault.

THE RANDOM POST THREAD | Nov 09, 2008
The birth of only the most popular thread in the history of the behemoth.
Check it out!
In this thread you can have random moments of posting your likes, dislikes, youtube poops. But mostly you can have serious discussions here.

Highly speculated that this thread single-handedly influenced Emil to create the other sections you see here, such as Serioustown and Other Games.
I was the historic first poster, so HAH!

Scaler, the topic maker | November 19, 2008
Scaler, made several dupes.
And because of that, kelly revoked him of his topic making skillz.
That, and he wasn't ever banned.

The King's pack release | January 14, 2009
After everyone kept asking about the playable king, visorless grey knight, scepter and all that stuff. The pack was released.
Of course we still have no clue about the origin of the rubber handled sword.
Does not include necromancer, lolipop, chainsaw, wizard.
BTW the king is the only one with healing magic.

Community Spotlight Opens Up | May 29, 2009
Mad Fiddler opened up the community spotlight, in which members would vote for which one they thought were really great. Who ever got the most votes during the voting period would get interviewed by Fiddler then post it so everyone else could read this. After this, said member would be an ULTRA MEMBER, one the highest ranks on the board besides mods and the Behemoth staff.

Community Spotlight Takes a *Long* Break | July 4, 2010
Mad Fiddler closed down the thread as it has been going slow for awhile. Mad Fiddler however says that the thread shall see the light of day again, it which it would be reworked and be much more wholesome. The only known time it could come out is around when BBT arrives, however currently Fiddler doesn't get on as much, so it is unknown to this thread's fate. This also means currently no one else can become an ULTRA MEMBER as the only way to become on is not active right now.

YEA CASTLE !!! | July 11th, 2010

Castle Crashers 2; it's what we wont.

It confused all, but it was loved by all. It's even an inside jokely-meme with a few of us.

2009-2011| August 2009 - 2011

The official 1st annual TB awards | August 08, 2009
Of course, the TB awards.
We had to meet in real life and compete several olympic sports challenges, like tug of war, sock hopping, etc.....
JK.

Anyhow, all we did was vote for other members.
For the results........?

Castle Crashers 1st Birthday | August 27th 2009

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=1696'>http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/?p=1696
This also brought about a HUGE forum update! It included

Ranks
Titles
Birds of a Feather forum
Creationism forum
The Keep forum
Serioustown
Forum Games forum
Other Games forum

That's right new members. Before that, we had none of these

The sheer amount of forum games justified the Forum Games section, which is said to be the source of majority of members' posts.

Dungeon Fighter Online | September 13, 2009
A good amount of us were into this game.
It got dry too fast.
We had to grind to obtain EXP, around the 10's and above.
It was good deal hard.
AND ITEM SHOP RUINED IT ALL.
DARN YOU NEXON.

The creation of this thread | December 17, 2009
This thread's goal is to preserve history.
Especially if it becomes overrun by newbies and if all the old veterans leave.

The lock of the RPT? | January 31st, 2010
RPT= Random Post Thread
I have no clue what happened here, why it was locked, who locked it, or who unlocked it.
Anyone, please PM me all the details. Please.

Spiral Knights | February 02, 2011
Unlike Dungeon Fighter Online, this didn't get boring.
Fast at least.

Thanks to the Zelda-like gameplay, it's a blast with 3 other friends!

Battleblock Theater Era | 2012 - Recently

New Mods
Roy-G-Biv(that's
me) and
Da
Milk Man
! | September 13th, 2012

I demand you give me your soul!

Battleblock Theater | April 3rd, 2013
The HIT game that has it all! Emotions, cats, and addicting gameplay!

It's also the second most popular hat simulator!

THE UNCATEGORIZED | STUFF MISSING DATES

The melancholy of ATN, KYG, Lurker | ????
The power trio when we think of banned people.
They were cool people.
There was also this fad that Lurker became like kelly.
Typing in a nice tone (is that even possible lol?)
and using these apples. :arrow:
Nice. It was saddening.

The King's Scepter and the Rubber Handle sword.
These 2 weapons have no true origin. They started to be traded by players online.
I got my scepter from a member called necromancer or something.
And I got the rubber handle sword from someone I cannot remember.
Anyhow this is something the world'll never know.

Tyson raid of one
a smalltime spammer who entered the site and made many useless threads simply containing the word "BEEF" over 9000!!!!! times. He was banned after 3 or 4 days. It was suspected to be a duplicate account from another user, Scaler163, but aperently, they were just in the same vacation home.

I actually never knew Tyson was a relative of Scaler. It pays to pay attention.

Castle Crashers, RE-Released for PSN
CC is so popular, Sony wanted a piece of the cake, so TB being nice and all decided to port it to PS3. This however, does not mean they are guaranteed to port it to any other console or handheld systems. So sorry Wii, DS, PSP owners that lacks PS3/Xbox 360

NECROMANCER PACK RELEASED
So. The Lolipop, chainsaw, wizard, and necromancer pack has been released.

Comp0 vs. MechaZeep
Comp0 accused a user named MechaZeep of hacking his website and posting CP on it. This caused an uproar of fights between users of all kind. This caused Comp0 to lose his mod stature.

Really, if you don't know what CP is, look it up.

Comp0 and Moose, Banned
Comp0 and Moose got into an arguement.
Called each other trolls whatnot. Became banned.

Hiring new mods.
they hired 3 new mods.
Chromatic Flame
Dexide
SushiGummy

Almost all of which are cool members.
Not too bad.

THE END OF THE YEAR TB AWARDS
Same categories for the previous one.
People won. I'm too lazy to check results.

CYC, banned for 6 months.
He saw it coming.

Roy, I can't PM you about the RPF info. I would if I could but the PM button doesn't appear below your posts or in your profile

EDIT: I'll put it here

THE LOCKING OF THE RANDOM POST FORUM
Someone mentioned the word 'lock' in the RPF. People got a little paranoid. The rest of the day went by and somehow everyone started spamming pictures of Tingle from Legend of Zelda games. Activity sky rocketed. Dexide threatened to lock the thread if someone posted one more picture of Tingle. Predictably, anti-RPF users posted more pictures of Tingle. The thread was locked for a mere 30 seconds, then was re opened. People were really paranoid now. Not long after, Tingle was posted again and again. Zag locked it for what seemed like a permanent lock. People became outraged. Many people were given warnings for agruably silly reasons. Things were all out crazy, and some people refused to stay until the RPF was unlocked. And so it was unlocked, at, like, 12 midnight.Anti-RPF members became saddened, because some believed it was a permanent lock

You can see it all for youself starting on page 899 in the RPF

You forgot that Blob, Babbity and Draken got banned as soon as RPF wan unlocked.

Spoilered it to save space.
BTW I would've done the same if I was Zag/Dexide. People posting too many tingle pictures, I would dislike.

New Mod Chris! | March 24th, 20XX
Go out there and Congratulate him!

Kelly Leaves! Enter: Christine
For some undisclosed reason, Kelly decided to leave us. Contrary to popular belief, she was NOT fired. Maybe she went to college? Who knows...
Kelly's replacement has come! Christine! You can find her with the classic green name text and a pink knight avatar.

Temporary Site-Wide Craziness | September 25th, 2011
Some people hacked a bunch of websites.
Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a direct attack on The Behemoth per se. We were just caught in the middle along with alot of other people.

Emil (our admin and web monkey) addresses it in a thread within "TECHNICAL ISSUES".
Stupid URL limit won't let me post the thread.

SUGGESTED BY xDarkAnsem

THE FUTURE (WE NEED Psychics.)

Mechazeep: 10000 Posts | ????
When did this happen?

This is all I remember from the top of my head.
FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST MORE.

Cool, but what about my replacing of Uncle0wnage he's going to kill me for saying that and the necro dlc?

Cool, but what about my replacing of Uncle0wnage he's going to kill me for saying that and the necro dlc?

I won't mention the replacement of Uncle0wnage.

(Could be cuz uncle ownage made me a sig once.)

Oh....

THE NECRO DLC!

THAT'S WHAT WAS COMING TO MY MIND.

I NEED TO MENTION THE CHAINSAW.

AND IT'S PAST.

Hiring new mods.

Since the bannage of Comp0 and Moose, almost all the remaining mods left, but Mad Fiddler. So they hired 3 new mods.

Chromatic Flame

Dexide

SushiGummy

Almost all of which are cool members.

Not too bad.

This sounds as if there's one of us you may not like.

But yeah, this is an absolutely fantastic idea! :)

Comp0 vs. MechaZeep

Comp0 accused a user named MechaZeep of hacking his website and posting CP on it. This caused an uproar of fights between users of all kind. This caused Comp0 to lose his mod stature.

Tyson raid of one

a smalltime spammer who entered the site and made many useless threads simply containing the word "BEEF" over 9000!!!!! times. He was banned after 3 or 4 days. It was suspected to be a duplicate account from another user, Scaler163, but aperently, they were just in the same vacation home.

The origin of the CYC.

August 7th, 1992 -

It was a dark and stormy night, two prophets were making their way towards the jesus-town inn; A delivery was to be made. The doors opened as the two shady figures walked up the stairs, A huge husky man was standing there ready to greet them with a hearty hello. The first prophet walked inside like it was no big deal, but the second one could not conjure the strength to walk past the holy barrier of the inn. The first prophet ordered the second one to hand over the 'goods' so that he could finish the delivery and fulfill their masters evil deed; as soon as the other prophet handed the bag over, he burst into flames and disintegrated (Not without taking the husky man with him of course.)

The mysterious prophet walked into the back room of the inn, away from all of the festivities, and met with his colleagues. Standing there was a german man with a trench coat, a rather dapper gentlemen, and a man holding two jars of caterpillars.

German: Daus! Itz gud zat ein has unt arrived! dost you haz ein package?

Shady Prophet: Yea puppy right here.

Gentlemen: I do say my good man! Are you sure that this ritual will work?

*man with caterpillars stands there and stares*

Prophet: Shutup dawg, leave this poop to me. *throws the bag on the table and begins chanting*

Gentlemen: I do say!

German: Ein! itz glowing! ze bag iz glowing!

Man with caterpillars: Fools! You have fallen straight into my delicious trap! This whole time I was secretly planting caterpillars into your nasal cavities! In about 3 weeks those caterpillars will turn into butterflies and you will all be doomed!

*the package on the table begins to shake violently*

Prophet: Damn yo! You're Evil speech as arisen the spirits from beyond! Those bastads sure is pissed now dawg!

German: Ein! Ein! Zis unt not good!

Gentlemen: Well I had a ravishing good time, but I must be on my wa- *just as the gentlemen is about to finish his sentence he is sucked into the bag along with all of the other members in the room. Their evil minds combine into one, creating a life form of epic proportions.*

Meanwhile in Minnesota, CYC is born at a hospital.

The origin of the CYC.

August 7th, 1992 -

It was a dark and stormy night, two prophets were making their way towards the jesus-town inn; A delivery was to be made. The doors opened as the two shady figures walked up the stairs, A huge husky man was standing there ready to greet them with a hearty hello. The first prophet walked inside like it was no big deal, but the second one could not conjure the strength to walk past the holy barrier of the inn. The first prophet ordered the second one to hand over the 'goods' so that he could finish the delivery and fulfill their masters evil deed; as soon as the other prophet handed the bag over, he burst into flames and disintegrated (Not without taking the husky man with him of course.)

The mysterious prophet walked into the back room of the inn, away from all of the festivities, and met with his colleagues. Standing there was a german man with a trench coat, a rather dapper gentlemen, and a man holding two jars of caterpillars.

German: Daus! Itz gud zat ein has unt arrived! dost you haz ein package?

Shady Prophet: Yea puppy right here.

Gentlemen: I do say my good man! Are you sure that this ritual will work?

*man with caterpillars stands there and stares*

Prophet: Shutup dawg, leave this poop to me. *throws the bag on the table and begins chanting*

Gentlemen: I do say!

German: Ein! itz glowing! ze bag iz glowing!

Man with caterpillars: Fools! You have fallen straight into my delicious trap! This whole time I was secretly planting caterpillars into your nasal cavities! In about 3 weeks those caterpillars will turn into butterflies and you will all be doomed!

*the package on the table begins to shake violently*

Prophet: Damn yo! You're Evil speech as arisen the spirits from beyond! Those bastads sure is pissed now dawg!

German: Ein! Ein! Zis unt not good!

Gentlemen: Well I had a ravishing good time, but I must be on my wa- *just as the gentlemen is about to finish his sentence he is sucked into the bag along with all of the other members in the room. Their evil minds combine into one, creating a life form of epic proportions.*

Meanwhile in Minnesota, CYC is born at a hospital.

Next Hemingway.

Also, I feel that this forum's history is incomplete without something about the great cup invasion. I'll start writing it now. :)

Edit: It was a cold Monday night, December 1, 2008. In the General Forum, a seemingly harmless thread was started, titled “Why Hello There, I didn’t see you.” The first post was by the user I’macup, stating simply “Hello I am a cup. Of water.” The community members posted in this thread welcoming the new user, joking with him; little did they know that all Hell would soon break loose. Soon several other accounts were made parodying the user name I’macup, including I’maBIGcup, and pucam’I. Threads were made parodying I’macup’s original thread. This invasion was eventually stopped by the original moderator team, and the forums reached a period of peace.

Thanks for putting me in The Behemoth history books three times, Roy! I feel so special now, and it's great for my massive ego :lol:

You're Banned!

On September 20th, 2008, a TB Forum User named Marine54 unknowingly created the most popular thread on TB Community forums today. At the initial creation of the thread, Marine's post received mixed opinions from the mod "shesjustaglitch", but later gained such speed and momentum that it single-handedly became the monster devouring the Off-Topic forum. It is still today a legend, in that it still retains the record of most popular thread. However, it has lost a bit of its previous speed with the slowing down and separation of the forum into subforums.

December

Forums got hacked. They were back up the 22nd. Other details are yet to be found out.

(Someone could write more)

December

Forums got hacked. They were back up the 22nd. Other details are yet to be found out.

Did you read the announcement? It wasn't that they were hacked.

December

Did you read the announcement? It wasn't that they were hacked.

Well, that's darn good to know. :D

It's good to have everything back.

Ah, Dragon Eggs...those crappy little things took about 30 minutes of my life :lol:

And it wasn't all my fault, it was originally Sandmonkey's idea...which I stole...and created a post about

Ahh, sweet nostalgia :arrow:

You forgot one thing. The forums were hacked and you couldn't post a thing for a few days because of a fake virus. If you don't want to include this, that's fine.

You forgot one thing. The forums were hacked and you couldn't post a thing for a few days because of a fake virus. If you don't want to include this, that's fine.

Yeah............

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9393

Maybe I should add this for those who think TB was hacked.

The OMG new person thread

Some zoey person made an introduction thread. Everybody got exited and posted insanely.The new person then got scared away :P

The OMG new person thread

Some zoey person made an introduction thread. Everybody got exited and posted insanely.The new person then got scared away :P

How am i not suprised. Good work, Take 2!

The 10000th post on the RANDOM POST FORUM by NOT complicated

:D ??

YESSSSS.

SAY ZERO

:evil:

Can some link that "Memeroll" video on "Replay the game"? I can't seem to find it. :?

BZAMM. oh, and 0

This is awesome. Keep at it. Might I suggest my stickers thread? It went down in history seeing as everyone remembers me as the stickers guy. I can't believe I stopped making them.

This is awesome. Keep at it. Might I suggest my stickers thread? It went down in history seeing as everyone remembers me as the stickers guy. I can't believe I stopped making them.

You made stickers? :|

Upon reading tons of old pages and consulting with a couple people, I believe you left a lot of important information out.

Upon reading tons of old pages and consulting with a couple people, I believe you left a lot of important information out.
There's a lot to include, it would take far too long to include everything

Think of this stuff as 'The Best Bits'