The Relationship of the Conehead (Groom/periwinkle) to the Cyclops is:  

77 members have voted

1. 1. The Relationship of the Conehead (Groom/periwinkle) to the Cyclops is:

• Cyclops is the father and Conehead the son
    • Conehead is the father and Cyclops the son
    • they are brothers
    • BFF (Best Friends Forever)
    • they are totally gay for eachother
    • Cyclops is gay and hopelessly in love with his buddy Conehead.
    • Doesn't matter, they are cyborgs anyway.

Feyrazor    0
Its so OBVIOUS!!! Full Metal Alchemist, Cyclops is Groom's Bro man that he put into a metal body, and Groom was the only stud during the whole game that was gonna get some from the princess. But since Full Metal Alchemist in itself is gay, that just proves my point..EVEN FURTHER!!!

/case closed, castle crasher style!

uhh FMA is awesome!!

Denivire    6

But, Full Metal Alchemist isn't "gay". It's really good, and currently the best English dub anime out there. You just don't like it, which is the correct response :P

Anyways, I like the idea of Cyclops and Groom being BFF. and Looking at Cyclops in his second form, that's not metal, that's bone. The hole in his chest is the gap between the rib cage, the hole where his eye was is still there, and the glowing effect is from the lava still encased and even imbued to his body. The metallic noises he makes is more of a hollow wail, since he's such a big guy.

That's my thoughts on the Cyclops. If you care to disagree, I don't mind. This is just what I got from playing this excellent game :D

I always thought the Cyclops was his father- the Cyclops and Periwinkle knights do look pretty similar armor-wise: and you can't see their eyes, they might be cylops also. I figure the Cyclops was the King of that lava area, and the periwinkle knights were his people. And that particular one was his son.

So, it's his son's wedding, and he goes to the bathroom to find his son dead.

:cry:

I feel bad for Cyclops- Periwinkle Groom was cool anyway. I want that piano.

I would assume that The Cyclops created the coneheads/cyborgs.

Think about it.

The groom was probably his most skilled and technical creation, and the Knights destroy him.

The several levels before the Cyclops boss battle all have cyborgs as enemies, meaning they probably serve under him, as he does the wizard.

Aztecian    0

Where is it listed that the Periwinkles are cyborgs? Just curious. :P

I figured the two were just good friends who decided to kidnap a princess. I still feel bad for killing either of them, though.

I always figured it was a father/son relationship due to the pictures hanging in the halls of the caves. Then again good friends can also go fishing together. But I'm still more likely to believe a father/son relationship.

YMIHere    0

I took it for a Frankenstein type of relationship where the groom made the cyclops and was considered a father of sorts. With the metal underneath I would assume the cyclops was made rather than born.

P3+J3^u!    0
i took it upon myself to add a poll to this post, cause its a darn good question.

I actually didn't mean to imply that they were both gay for each other...The Groom seems straight enough. Just that the Cyclops was gay and had a hopeless crush on The Groom, even though he knew The Groom was straight and he could never have him. In a tragic kind of way. That's more of what it seemed like to me. Although the more people suggest the BFF idea, the more it seems to me that perhaps they were BFFs, but the Cyclops still had a hopeless secret crush on his BFF. That's certainly far from unheard of in our world, so why not theirs?

Orange Tee    0

But during the tall grass field level you see the cyclops taking the princess... I think the cyclops was a parent trying to get his/her son a wife. Why would a friend do a thing like that? :roll:

Nonaims    16
But during the tall grass field level you see the cyclops taking the princess... I think the cyclops was a parent trying to get his/her son a wife. Why would a friend do a thing like that? :roll:

Man, that's exactly whut I was going to post. I think tha Cyclops' tha Groom's dad, kidnapping a bride for his nerdy, piano-greek son who could never get a date on his own. After years of seeing his son cry himself to sleep alone every Friday night, he finaly found a gurl who would soon be his daughter-in-law... only to find himself exiting tha restroom during tha wedding to find his son dead ( :'( )... And those d*** Knights were to blame!

They look and act just like BFFs (not in a *** way at all). If you noticed on the wall on the Cyclop's level, you'll see they did alot of BFF things together like fishing.

The reason his lair was all decorated is because it was a funeral for his friend. (He was going to barry him).

Thats IMO.

that's how i like to see it, too. they were good buddies. the cyclops and the conehead groom probably have more backstory than any other characters in the game.

of course, every single thing in the game is open to interpretation.

I thought it was obvious.

Fyat    0

I find it as the groom was the cyclops dad or they were good friends because i think that some of you are going with cyclops as the dad because the groom is shorter imo that is :|

Sitrax    0

I always thought they were just close friends. It seemed like it on how the Cyclops acted when you killed ConeHead, and the evidence allllll the way up to Cyclop's death. AND THEN he uses his friend's coffin as a weapon and his friend comes out as an undead ConeHead to attack (He isnt a cyborg since you can see his skeleton and the only other parts of him are fragments of his armor/suit.)

I think they were just friends overall. Also you cant really call them "Baddies" since they do become angels when they die unlike every other enemy.

Also when I was playing Co-Op once the undead ConeHead kept attacking my friend and he was like "Why is he after me?!?!"

My Reply - "Because you killed him on his wedding day! -_-'"

But it is kinda sad how you do kill him on his wedding day then you kill his friend by knocking his friend into lava. AND THEN his body he is ress'd by the Nercomancer then they try to kill you and end up re-killing them and the cyclops kills his undead friend.

Would be nice if they expanded the backstory on them possibly later on.

Kazoturkey    0

I felt worse killing the groom than harvesting the little girls in bioshock. I think they were best friends as neither could be mechanical as both have souls. you can see this when you kill in wizard castle.

I just noticed- when you fight the resurrected Cyclops, the Groom has a skeleton (not a robot) and two eye-sockets (not a cyclops).

Maybe he's some sort of cyclops-human half-breed who happened to get two eyes?

I dunno, I still feel bad for killing him >_<

you no what I think it is whatever you want it to be I remember a certain post saying that Dan never wanted any of the characters to have names, so you can inject whatever personality you want into them I think that is the same case with the story your supposed to think of your own story within these guidelines. 8-)8-)8-)

Hellvector    0

Just because the father of the cyclops was not himself a cyclops, doesn't mean that a cyclops offspring couldn't occur. The mother is never even mentioned.