• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
Basilisco

Forum FAQ: A guide for the newcomers

bannerlow.jpg

Welcome to The behemoth community, I hope you guys find this guide useful, I made it with the purpose of helping the forum members, be sure that you will be treated with respect and don't be afraid of asking new questions.

RULES

The forum rules can be found HERE

Be sure to read the rules before posting.

Everyone is got to follow the rules; rules are subject to change without previous notification.

USERS (Contains info of the kind of members we have)

As a user you can post, create topics and share your ideas in this forum, you can personalize your profile in the User control panel menu.

Users:

There are basically 4 kinds of users;

Administrator: I have only seen emil here, he manages the board and fixes things up. (

Founders: The founders of The Behemoth

Moderators: Moderators are divided in 3 groups, every group has different characteristics, however they all must be taken seriously, a moderator warning is always serious business and stuff

Moderator (level 1): A new moderator, this guy/gal is between moderators level 2 and regular users, their power is a secret to everyone, we don’t know what’s the extend of their power and that makes it more deadly (like a ninja), they have moderator powers, so don’t mess with them

Moderator (level 2): A veteran moderator, is got full moderator powers (such as banning, moving topics, locking topics and cast magic)

Global moderator: Moderating globally since 1999.

Regular user: Regular users are all the other users; they have ranks and they level up when they post

How do I know which user is what?

The user name will have a aura and level will be different

usersf.png

How do I edit my info?

Go to User control panel/Profile Management (Far northeast in your screen, under the search box)

furum.png

Some users have a signature how do i add one to my profile?

Go to user control panel/profile/signature to edit your signature, your signature can be an image, text or a video from youtube (See posting)

*Remember the MAX height for signatures images is 250 px.

POSTING (How to post images, videos and a url)

Posts are how we communicate in the forum,you are free to write whatever you want as long as it doesn’t break the rules and is on topic. Also good grammar and spelling is appreciated.

How do I post?

Once you are viewing a topic you will see a little text box at the bottom, just write whatever you want in there and press the Post button, remember that you will access more features to personalize your text if you hit More Reply Options

Can I edit my post?

If you forgot something the first time you can edit your post as many times as you want, click the EDIT button in your post, and change your post, editing your post prevents double posting and is good for your health

Can I delete my post?

You can delete your post if no one has quoted you and if no one has posted after you in the same topic

Can I personalize my post?

When posting you can add smilies by clicking on them( :cry::evil::D ) and different text colors (in order to change the text color highlight the text you want to color and then select the color you want)

How do I quote another user?

You can press the Quote button at the post you want to quote

Or you can write the code

[quote name="quote sample"]like this[/quote]

That results in

like this

How do I post an image?

There are two ways to post images; if the image is in your computer, add it as an attachment (Hit More Reply Options and you will see the attachment management under the text box, select and add a file)

Or you can go to an image host (like http://imageshack.us/)

1.-Upload the image you want.

2.-Copy the link of the image

3.-Press the image button (little tree) in the posting screen (wich will wrap the link with this code:

For example:

http://img651.images...5/bannerlow.jpg <--- link

Now, hit the Image button and paste the link in there

Wich results in:

bannerlow.jpg

If the image is in the internet just copy the link and paste it in the image window

*Remember that images have a size limit of 800x800 pixels, but anything taller than 150pixels will automatically be switched to a thumbnail.

Signatures: MAX signatures images height is 250px.

And you can only have like 4 images per post, I will never someday update this with the accurate data.

How do I post a link?

There are two ways of posting a link, you can directly put the url and wrap it with the url code

http://forums.thebeh...arch_app=forums <--link

Wich will look like this in your post:

http://forums.thebeh...arch_app=forums

How do I post a youtube video?

It's quite simple to post videos now, just post the link and it will fix itself to be shown

How/when do I report a post?

You can report a post by pressing the report button in said post, reporting post is used when someone breaks the rules or the topic is a dupe, also be sure to report the trolls (see slang), don't reply to them

PROFILE MANAGER

This forums is got some nice profile features, friends, messenger (see PM), name changing and stuff

What´s on your mind?

The what's on your mind box will conveniently show your thoughts to whoever sees your profile, just like some facebook rip off which is really convenient for your friends, so they know what you're feeling and such, you can reply to this stuff and make stupid funny comments again, just like facebook which is pretty original

What's a friend?

Well, a friend is a guy that you can insult with no consequences and that will go through poop with you can rely on, sometimes they are even more trustworthy than family, in this forums you can make friends by clicking "Add me as a friend" in someone's profile ...not that it changes much though.

What's a follow?

You can follow some content, advised for forums you really like, created or want to follow...

PRIVATE MESSENGER (PM) (About private messages)

Private messages can only be read by the sender and the receiver, you can access to your private messages directly by pressing the link that is located in your profile, I want to point out that i don't really know how this thing works yet, but apparently you can have up to 50 conversations, with 5 or less users in it.

How do I send a PM?

Once you access to the private messages menu, press “Compose a message”, PMs need a subject and a receiver, to add a receiver you can write the username of the receiver.

Or if you don’t remember the full username type 4 or 5 letters and you will see some usernames that start with said letters, To reply a PM just press the reply button that appears when you are reading a PM

Can i have more than 50 conversations?

No

TOPICS (Creating a topic)

Topic are also known as threads, topics are made for discussing your ideas, art, games or whatever you want with other members.

How do I create a topic?

Before creating a topic you should use the search function

After making sure there is no other topic like the one you want to create, go ahead and click the Start New Topic button just make sure its in the right section of the forum, if not ask a mod to move the topic

*Remember, the topic's title is important, make it clear; and make sure it is related to the topic itself, that’s to prevent dupes

Can I edit my topic?

Yes just as you edit your posts

Can I erase a topic?

Yes, if no one has replied to it,

Locked!!!1!!?

Topics get locked when they are dupes or break the rules, the mod always give you a reason of why they are locking the topic.

You can also ask a mod to lock your topic if you want to. (But be sure to bring a cookie or they will take your soul :cry:)

SLANG/WORDS TO KNOW

TB= The Behemoth

TBF= The Behemoth Forums

CC= Castle Crashers

AH: HD= Alien Hominid: High Definition

AKA= Also Known As

Bump= Stands for Bring Up My Post, means to bring a topic up by posting something irrelevant (usually with the word "bump" in it)

BRB:Be right back

Dupe= Duplicate

FAQ: Frequently asked questions

FTW= For The Win!

GTG/G2G: Got to go.

Ib4l= In before the lock, meaning that the thread will be locked or deleted by a moderator or admin.

ITT= This can mean In This Topic or I Think That, depending on the context

IMO/IMHO = In my opinion/ In my honest opinion

Inorite= I know right

Q: Question

OP= Original post (Some people use this as original poster too)

PM=Private message

QFT= Quote For Truth

Spam= pointless, annoying messages; most of the time it refers to advertising

Tbh= To be honest

Tl;dr= Too long; didn’t read

Troll= One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a group.

WTF= What the...

-Feel free to ask for more information, i will add your questions to this guide.

-If you think i missed something just tell me and i will add it.

-If you want to help new members you can point them here!

Basilisk <------------------- This is here so i can find all my threads

Edited by Basilisco
  • Upvote 1

This thread should be stickied.

Also, be sure to mention the size limit of 500X500 pixels for an image in a post, as well as a note about attachments, and how to get them to work. Maybe the accepted file types, too. The size limit for attachments is 550X550 pixels, as a side note.

This is pretty good. :)

Very nicely put together.

Although, it would probably be better placed in the "Birds of a Feather" topic section. :)

I know, i was trying to edit my post in the rpf and i accidentally hitted this window, and thanks.

Anything you people think i should add

I know, i was trying to edit my post in the rpf and i accidentally hitted this window, and thanks.

Yeah, I saw that.

Maybe something about not feeding trolls?

There should be a link to the History of TBF topic and the Directory (wasn't it revived?).

This thread should be stickied.

Also, be sure to mention the size limit of 500X500 pixels for an image in a post, as well as a note about attachments, and how to get them to work. Maybe the accepted file types, too. The size limit for attachments is 550X550 pixels, as a side note.

Added

I am thinking how to add it

Yeah, I saw that.

Well to me, feeding trolls depends on the troll. If the troll, is a really bad troll, go ahead and feed him for some lols.

Guest vjames1988

Hello everyone,

the problem is i been working alot in flash recently developing some very complex animations of my designed character. i now want to change his costume colors for all the animations i made with him without having to go back and change each individual color frame by frame. If ANYBODY has a technique in which i could tell flash to find a certain color in each frame of an animation and replace it with another color that would be greatly appreciated. An example of what I mean would be; wherever the color dark blue is make it the color purple, wherever the color pink is make it the color yellow. please tell me there is a way of doing this or should i continue to cry myself to sleep each night knowing eventually im going to have change the colors frame by frame for 3000+ frames.

Oh feel free to send me a message about it since im not very good at navigating blogs lol vjames_1988 is my user name

Hello everyone,

the problem is i been working alot in flash recently developing some very complex animations of my designed character. i now want to change his costume colors for all the animations i made with him without having to go back and change each individual color frame by frame. If ANYBODY has a technique in which i could tell flash to find a certain color in each frame of an animation and replace it with another color that would be greatly appreciated. An example of what I mean would be; wherever the color dark blue is make it the color purple, wherever the color pink is make it the color yellow. please tell me there is a way of doing this or should i continue to cry myself to sleep each night knowing eventually im going to have change the colors frame by frame for 3000+ frames.

Oh feel free to send me a message about it since im not very good at navigating blogs lol vjames_1988 is my user name

Does that have anything to do with this thread? :roll:

Guest vjames1988

@fel the ferret

No it doesnt but I need this issue to get solved quick so i posted it ob a couple threads hopin someone who sees it could help.

@fel the ferret

No it doesnt but I need this issue to get solved quick so i posted it ob a couple threads hopin someone who sees it could help.

That would be advertising, which isn't allowed.

@fel the ferret

That would be advertising, which isn't allowed.

its not advertising, he/she is looking for advice. vjames1988, i'd sugest starting a thread on this over in creationism. :)

back on topic, thanks for this great guide to newcomers. Along with the directory we have a pretty comprehensive guide to these forums developing! :D

:arrow:

kelly

Guest vjames1988

did not know that was its classification, seems a far cry from advertisement i just wanted flash help but whatever 'you r king n this is ur domain' forget i asked

Guest vjames1988

@kelly

thank you for the help, i knew there was a reason i looked up to the behemoth (ok enough brown nosing lol)

thank you

Hi,

As a new member I was wondering if you also had an index of the slang words used for CC. Terms like ToD or Stunlock could be explained to new members who are not familiar with these terms.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

As a new member I was wondering if you also had an index of the slang words used for CC. Terms like ToD or Stunlock could be explained to new members who are not familiar with these terms.

Thanks a lot!

I currently don't, but it's because i dont know thos myself, if anyone explains then to me i will add it to the op.

Thanks for the feedback

Guest Bearminator

Hey ya! I just want to thank you for doing this useful guide for new guys like me. The slang part was very useful for me ;)

Hey ya! I just want to thank you for doing this useful guide for new guys like me. The slang part was very useful for me ;)
Welcome and thanks, i am happy you found this useful. See you around :)

Oh yeah, could you also describe the meaning of QFT (I believe that's waht it is, my other attempts are below).

QQT,QTQ,QQF

I- I mean my um, friend doesn't know the meaning of it.

Oh yeah, could you also describe the meaning of QFT (I believe that's waht it is, my other attempts are below).

QQT,QTQ,QQF

I- I mean my um, friend doesn't know the meaning of it.

Sure, it's quote for truth, will add it

EDIT: ALso you can ask me more slang, i will add it to the op to help future members too