• Announcements

• megan

Update 5: Infinite Wisdom is here!   10/05/2017

Hey everyone, We’re back with another update that really mixes some stuff up. An entirely new challenging mode, a rebalance of the entire game to go with the rework of the new leveling progression numbers, ability to do the co-op intro online, faster PVP rounds, language translations and more! With the rebalance you’ll find that your fighters are dealing even more damage as they gain experience. All balance changes are retro-active meaning you do not have to worry about starting over or starting new characters in order to experience that – they’re all dynamically applied to what you already have! Feel free to check out what we’ve changed in the list below, and as always – please leave us feedback about anything you find noteworthy. As always, the main Story (although not included in this update) is being developed alongside all these improvements we have been releasing. Check out our blog for the full changelist: http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2017/09/28/update-5-infinite-wisdom-is-here/
    • megan

FALL SALE! 25% OFF select merch   10/16/2017

Time to stock up on all of our autumn appropriate threads and accessories!

From now thru October 22, 2017 (11:59PM PST), we’ve got sweatshirts and warm plush hats on sale at 25% OFF in our online store! There are also a few other rad items like the Behemoth scarf, skate decks, and the Hatty tissue box cover on sale.

See the full list of Fall items here: FALL SALE
Guest zair297

YEA CASTLE !!!

Guest zair297

BEHEMOTH ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE A 2ND CASTLE CRASHERS GAME FOR XBOX BECAUSE :geek::geek::geek: THATS WHAT WE WONT! :lol::lol::lol:

[edited title- kelly]

[Title Edit 2: For history's sake - Da Milk Man]

(Use this topic to discuss Castle Crashers 2.)

But I don't want a sequel....

Anyway, they've stated several times that they don't like making sequels.

BBt and CC PS3 are consuming most of their time right now too, so if they do make a sequel, it's not gonna be for a while.

I personally don't like sequels. They almost never turn out the same as the original game. Im sure The Behemoth could do it if they wanted to, but Im perfectly content with the greatness that is Castle crashers. :D

Guest OoPpEe

Sequel doubtful - maybe a missionpack - couple extra levels with some extra characters (enemies already in the game that are not playable like the troll)

I'd just personally love to see the PS3 Team Arena make a appearance on the 360.

There's no need for a sequel. The campaign of CC is already awesome.

What I would like to see is more multiplayer options of maybe a mode harder than "Insane" for the 360, but eh. Great game already. I still play all the time.

a mode harder than "Insane"

Impossible! :lol:

An 'impossible mode?' Hmm...

Thank you SushiGummy, My brain is now melted. On a further, note, J Mpwf Dbtumf Dsbtifst.

( If you know the key, that's a legit sentence. :P )

If you care for some reason, look at the capital letters of the last 2 words. Hint giving Ninja -->

( he's invisible)

On several occasions, DanP has noted that he isn't a fan of sequels. Thats why The Behemoth have never created any, I suppose

Based on the evidence, a Castle Crashers 2 is highly unlikely

Anyway, they've stated several times that they don't like making sequels.

Simple! That means they will make

CASTLE BUILDER OMGOMG :shock:

:shock::shock::shock:

On several occasions, DanP has noted that he isn't a fan of sequels. Thats why The Behemoth have never created any, I suppose

Yeah, probably because it means making a quick buck with no risk and almost no work on innovation.

I :arrow:

T B

ya im srry but if this dan p guy does not like sequels then hes not gonna go nowhere in his career. sequels are what makes the money if u need proof look at halo 3 biggest selling game out there and same as castle crashers it is the biggest arcade game out there how much do u want to bet that his new theater game wont come close to castle crashers sales dan p be smart dont be dum use ur brain and its pretty sad that the people like kelly and whoever works with him does not try to convince him to make it

and for people who keep saying no there wont be a sequal u guys need help all i have to say is marvel vs capcom 3 is coming out men i remember the days when people would say theres not gonna be a 3rd one bla bla now the people who thought that are saying dam i should have not said anything lol

ya im srry but if this dan p guy does not like sequels then hes not gonna go nowhere in his career. sequels are what makes the money if u need proof look at halo 3 biggest selling game out there and same as castle crashers it is the biggest arcade game out there how much do u want to bet that his new theater game wont come close to castle crashers sales dan p be smart dont be dum use ur brain and its pretty sad that the people like kelly and whoever works with him does not try to convince him to make it
I'm pretty sure that The Behemoth isn't in the business for simple monetary gain. Sure, creating a sequel WOULD bring in more money, but what would be the point, considering the first did so well? They could spend more time and money creating a sequel, but where is the originality? Where is the unique charm that everyone loved about the original Castle Crashers?

People don't have to create games just for the money. It often splits fan-bases and ruins the originality of the game. I'm not saying all sequels are bad, but what would Castle Crashers 2 have that Castle Crashers didn't?

It would be nice if there gonna be a sequel but most of the time they make a sequel they upgrade the graphics and new levels,chars etc.

it will be nicer if they made a new pack with more levels,chars,animals orbs.

or just a world pack so you can jump form the first map to the a second map with a different story.

I'm so sick and tired of people wanting a sequel. Castle Crashers doesn't need a sequel. It's so annoying hearing how people say "BBT won't be as good make another CC" when all these so called "fans" weren't around when CC was in the making.

I really just don't need to hear people showing up constantly asking for the same game over again.

I agree. If you put yourself in their shoes, you'll find that comments like that could be seen as insulting.

Think about it, TB's been working very hard on BattleBlock Theater, with art, programming, etc. They need to plan every single detail about the game. Then, people come out and say BattleBlock Theater won't be successful and that they want the same thing again?

Making a Castle Crashers 2 would be the easy way to make a quick buck, would you really like it better that way?

now hang on a second. i have never said i hate sequels. nobody hates them here. please don't speak for me.

my response is that if we made Alien Hominid 2, there'd never be a Castle Crashers for anyone to want a Castle Crashers 2. think about that for a second - it's a pretty big moment! you'd never have experienced Castle Crashers to begin with.

we have to make a choice of whether or not we want to make a whole new universe and new gameplay, or continue a previous universe & gameplay. it is a lot more exciting to create something from scratch than continue an old trend. we've worked on Castle Crashers for about 4.5 years now, and so naturally most of us will feel as if it is time to make something new.

so alas, i'm currently visiting battleblock theater and i must say this new place is nice, in an abandoned-theater-run-by-evil-cats way.

so alas, i'm currently visiting battleblock theater and i must say this new place is nice, in an abandoned-theater-run-by-evil-cats way.

That does sound sorta nice. ;)

well R34P3R i am sick of members on this board who say that castle crashers doesn't need a sequel. It can be miles better than the original if done right. Doesn't have to be now of course.

On several occasions, DanP has noted that he hates sequels. Thats why The Behemoth have never created any, because they don't want to
now hang on a second. i have never said i hate sequels. nobody hates them here. please don't speak for me.
Noted. I just heard that The Behemoth disliked immediate sequels before in some other thread; my bad. :lol:

well R34P3R i am sick of members on this board who say that castle crashers doesn't need a sequel. It can be miles better than the original if done right. Doesn't have to be now of course.

Miles better then the original? Castle Crashers was great, and a near perfect beat-em up in my eyes. How exactly do you expect them to improve it? Do you want them to add more characters, new level's after they've covered almost all of the different levels styles? More characters to fight?

Castle Crashers 2, would be the same game over again. I don't want that, when we can get an all new and refreshing game out of Battleblock theater.

Oh yea, and what Dan P said.

@Dan paladin

But i do beive you said you dident like them? nvm

I dont think it's a good idea making another cc.

Alien humonoid could maby get a sequal? I dont relly know the story but

if it where to be realesed on ps3 i would buy it.

I personally would enjoy a full game sequel. With more knight, weapons, levels, more things to buy, A more interactive online world, more focused on PVP aspect.