Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drunken feedle

shank...

14 posts in this topic

yes talk about the live arcade game which really rips off dishwasher dead samurai

yes i hate the game...

same weapons

same style

could care less about it

im sure alot of people who havnt played dishwasher will love it

save your ms points and buy dishwasher for 800

youll enjoy it more

You made a topic for a game and bash it :?

Then again I have yet to play dishwasher ninja so ya. But really did you even play shank?

yes i played shank

otherwise i wouldnt have said i hated it

the system is the exact same thing as dishwasher

sword, guns, scyth etc

same combo system

same movement

Dishwasher was the first and they ripped it off big time

Those whove played dishwasher will know its a big time rip off!

Waiting for it for a long time, only to not buy it. I thought having a loose combat system where you can keep attacking and juggling and all the fancy stuff to enemies would be fun. Not as fun as I thought it would be. Still okay though. Might buy it sometime, but that chance is low.

So, I guess I'm the only one who really liked it here...

I played both Shank and Dishwasher Samurai and thoroughly enjoyed Shank. Shank had a great co-op campaign, beautiful smooth animation, and a fun not so serious story. The story was just like an old action film. My only complaint was how the pick-up items button was the same as the light attack button.

Bosses throughout the game were fun to fight. It was like the older days of gaming, having to remember fighting patterns and knowing when to attack.

I found it much more fun than Dead Samurai and do not think it's a rip-off at all.

So, I guess I'm the only one who really liked it here...

I played both Shank and Dishwasher Samurai and thoroughly enjoyed Shank. Shank had a great co-op campaign, beautiful smooth animation, and a fun not so serious story. The story was just like an old action film. My only complaint was how the pick-up items button was the same as the light attack button.

Bosses throughout the game were fun to fight. It was like the older days of gaming, having to remember fighting patterns and knowing when to attack.

I found it much more fun than Dead Samurai and do not think it's a rip-off at all.

From playing the demo version of both, I enjoyed Shank more than I did with Dishwasher. As BBT won't come out this year, and I got 1600 points laying around, I thinking of getting Shank, but there might be some other stuff out there too. Hmmmm.

From playing the demo version of both, I enjoyed Shank more than I did with Dishwasher. As BBT won't come out this year, and I got 1600 points laying around, I thinking of getting Shank, but there might be some other stuff out there too. Hmmmm.

There's no better time than to buy it now because Shank is the current deal of the week so it's priced at 800 points.

Wells guys I have finally went and bought Shank (After like what, a year or so?), and actually I found that it was quite enjoyable, much more than when I first tried the demo when it first came out. Here are my quick thoughts on it.

The style of the game is pretty cool, and overall it is quite the nice looking game, though at times the characters can clash a bit with the background. The story gets the job done and the characters are good too. Sometimes though when the games "tries" to be mature at times it can come off as obnoxious, but that is only at a few parts. Music is fine and they really fit the mood of the game and stages.

The combat is fun, though at times things can feel slow as many of the enemies are the same throughout the stages and there aren't too many stage elements in the game. The bosses in the game are quite different from most of the enemies. Trying to beat them up tends to be the least viable option due to the fact your attacks deal hardly any damage, so with some of them it tends to be better till they reveal their weakpoint for you to deal massive damage to them (Which kills them doing it like 3 times on normal mode). It somewhat feels weird in my opinion, however on hard they feel much better as those attacks deal much less damage giving them a much more bossish feel. Only there is only about 3 bosses in the game in which they are ones where you need to beat them up like normal for the most part. The co-op bosses though feel pretty darn good though, as it truly feels like you are working together to take down the bosses.

In terms of how hard the game is, normal mode is not too bad, though hard mode can get rough at times. Enemies deal much more damage and are also much faster. Along with this there are no checkpoints at all for each "scene" in the game (There are multiple scenes throughout the game. For example, one may be a boss while one is a level. In normal each scene has multiple checkpounts, but on hard you'll go back to the beginning of that scene). Having to start a scene all over again can feel annoying at times.

Overall Shank is a pretty fine game with a few rough spots there, but is has a charm to it. If I had to give it a score, I would say it is a B or like B-.

In other news, Shank 2 has also came out and I have also bought that one too (Pretty much bought Shank 1 to get the full on Shank experience). How does Shank 2 compare to Shank 1? In my opinion, Shank 2 is better than Shank 1 almost all ways and feels amazing. Honestly I must say that Shank 2 is one of my most favorite games that has came out during this time. Here are my thoughts on it:

Shank 2 looks great for starters. Unlike Shank 1, I feel that the characters and backgrounds blend in together much better. The cutscenes are good at times, though they can look awkward at some moments. The music overall I feel to is better. The tracks are very fitting and some of them are extremely good (I've been thinking of the theme that plays when you fight Inferno constantly).

Now it is time for the gameplay and this is where Shank 2 shines. Shank controls better than ever and he feels much more responsive than he did in Shank 1. Guarding has been taken out, but dodging has been mapped to the other stick which is a fair trade in my opinion as it is fast and easy to get Shank rolling. Shank's combat also feels a lot less limited than it did at Shank 1 at times. Unlike the first game, you can grab or jump onto much more types of enemies, and even do cool things the jumping onto your foes in the air. You can now also aim your ranged weapon in any direction you want which is a huge plus. Overall you have much more options and freedom with your moves than you ever did in Shank 1. What is also good is that is a much bigger variety of enemies in this game which keeps combat fresh and interesting. Not only that, but now they added weapons you can take from fallen enemies such as shovels, axes, bats, etc, and the ability to do special-move counters which only adds to the amounts of things you can do which also keeps the game feeling lively. The overall stages also have much more to them, such as better platforming and more things to interact with, such as switches, firepits, grinders, and much more. This makes them much more interesting than the ones in Shank 1, which sometimes felt like you were just only fighting enemies throughout them. With the much better combat and all of these things together it makes facing off your foes feel quite enjoyable to say the least.

The bosses compared to the first game feel much more like normal beat-em-up bosses, as in here you don't wait for them to do attack that makes them take massive damage, rather now you have dodge their attacks and get in to attack them. Overall this makes them feel much better than the ones in Shank 1, in which with most of them it seems like you just has to wait for the right momment to deal massive damage rather than trying to actually fight them.

The difficulty in Shank 2 I feel like is much better and feels much more rounded out than Shank 1 does. Hard mode is much MUCH better as there are 3 checkpoints per stage (rather than spliting everything into scenes) which makes them much less annoying if you die. Some of the long stages can get rough but at least you don't start the whole thing over like you would in Shank 1.

Also rather than having a co-op mode it has a survival mode which it tons of fun to play as you can go about them in many different ways. Different costumes have different stats and you can decide you play style accordingly. In this mode you go through waves of foes, and you need to protect you supply depots from bombers who will trying and blow it up, in which you only a certain amount of time to defuse them once set. Using your skills, shop items you can buy such as decoys or turrets to help you out, stage elements to your advantage, and more, there is much to do in this mode. It is extremely fun and adds much more depth to the game.

As for the story, well it is fine, though this is the only thing I would say is weaker compared to the first game. The overall story is fine, but the characters aren't really explored as much or are given as much impact as they did in Shank 1. There are bios you can collect, and some of them are actually pretty interesting, but from playing the game you would never get this things, and it feels like wasted potential as if some of these elements were added in game the characters could have felt much better whichwould make the story feel more potent. However this does not ruin the rest of the game, as the rest of the game is just great. If I had to score Shank 2, I would give it an A.

Well, that is all I have to say. I don't about know Shank being too similar to the Dishwasher as to me they feel pretty different, but this is just how I feel about them on their own merit. Shank 1 is a pretty fine game, but Shank 2 is the biscuits and gravy of the two. I would absolutely recommend Shank 2 for it is extremely fun to play and much more so than Shank 1 at least for me.