Has anyone else hear about this game? For those who haven't, it's a zombie game set (obviously) on an island.
this is what info I found so far:
the plot: A recently married couple, flying to a vacation of their dreams, is torn apart when their plane crashes on a remote pacific island. The player, a man named Mike Jennings, must find his lost wife in a zombie infested island, as well as find out what caused the zombie outbreak and deal with the various other human factions that inhabit the island.
release date: Unknown. it has been in production for awhile, but was stopped due to Techland working on Call of Juarez: bound in Blood.
http://www.deadislandgame.com/ (currently under construction, no foreseeable release date)
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-20 ... land/23848 (ignore the 2008 release date at the end)
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multi ... multilayer damage demo)
http://gamingconsolenetwork.com/media/g ... ad-island/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... reenshots/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360 ... 42713.html
http://onipepper.de/dead-island-intervi ... h-version/
- The game features a sandbox style gameplay on a tropical island separated by loading screens.
- The game features a multilayer damage system.
- There is a number of human factions that the player can join or be hostile with, these include the Military and Bandits.
- The main zombies are the George A Romero's slow walking zombies, but there is however more than one type of zombie.
- The game is more focused on melee combat, the player can pick up almost anything and use it as a weapon, (e.g. picking up a glass cup on a table and throwing it at a zombie) there are firearms but ammo will be hard to find to give the game more of a survival horror feel.
- There might be multiple endings.
- The developers have mentioned co-op
Personally, I think this game sounds awesome. It sounds like an FPS Dead rising(another awesome game) that's set on an island. I like that there's no MP yet(which means single player achievements ), though I definitely wouldn't mind some co-op. about the only thing can beat it is a The Behemoth zombie game (as a side note, I am not trying to give The Behemoth Ideas for games, so they can use it all they want it's too generic to be an idea anyway ). If you haven't noticed, I love zombies, emotes and The Behemoth .
Please note that zombies are fictional
I created this topic because the other one got derailed so lock the other one(which hasn't had a post in 2 months) please.(I'll delete this part once it's locked)