Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

PSN castle crashers problem

Guest Chronus88
This is dumb. Why on earth would this get released if it does not even work online with the friends that you know?

I can play quick match, which is dumb. I can play local, but who wants to do that!? that is what Scott Pilgrim was for, to hold us over until this game came out, now that it is out, and the thought of crashing the castle with my friends who live 20 minutes away and my friends who live 20 hours away sounds so awesome; i am dumbfounded to do a google search for castle crashers issues to find they had the same problem when they released it on Xbox!? You guys should fire whoever is responsible for this slip up, i feel completely ripped off that i have to play by myself. If it is in the menu, you should be able to do it on the game, no questions asked. If you went to a Steakhouse ordering a steak and they said that item is NO LONGER AVAILABLE, would you be upset? of course you would, because you were lied to. You guys got me good for my $15, however its the last $15 you will get from me, absurd. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW? OR ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT MONTHS LIKE XBOX GAMERS AND PICK UP A DIFFERENT GAME, NOT GETTING TO EXPERIENCE HOW AWESOME THIS GAME COULD HAVE BEEN? If your plan is taking months, all I got to say is Behemoth is a group of hustlers; you got me, and my friends i convinced to buy this game for how awesome it would be to play together. well played.

That's kinda how I felt.

I did try again tonight, I was able to join a FEW (mostly unsuccessful) quick games, but the previous issues were as present as before. I did manage to call one of my friends and arrange a simultaneous join of someone else's game, and after 45 minutes of tinkering we got in the same game successfully. It was a lot of fun, but I'm worried it'll take another 45 minutes tomorrow to accomplish it again.

Guest Chronus88

A few things I noticed tonight:

The issues are not related to being or not being friends with the second player, I tried both as a friend, and as removing them as a friend and restarting/inviting. Neither worked.

As we both looked at the server list (from simultaneous custom search) we always got different lists, some more extensive than the other and some with "No games found" at all when the other did find games.

As we both looked at the list, if I joined IE GamerDude1's game, GamerDude1 would then disappear from my friend's server list, though slots were still available. This was not always the case but it was a repeating occurrence.

As I hosted a game and waited for my friend to randomly enter it by selecting "Quick Game", she did once, almost, successfully do so. As soon as she connected (presumably) we both got a never before seen "Game Canceled" error. That was no fun.

Just throwing out more info to try and help get this great game on track asap.

Guys, take it easy. It's one thing to report technical problems, it's another thing to play the "let's hate on The Behemoth" game while you're at it. Trust me, they care a ton about their fans, and they really do want to see us happy with their games. They're working on making the game better, so just be patient until then. Sure, they could have kept the game longer and cleaned it up more, but I'm certain there are more than enough people who are happy that it's finally out, and are willing to live with the bugs for now as long as they get to play.

In the end, there were really only two ways for the game to release: early and bugged, or late and perfect. If you'd rather have it late and perfect, then just be patient and wait for them to fix everything up! ;)

Guest queen_valentine

Any new on when this will get fixed? I absolutely love the game but I really wanted to play this online with my friends too. :)

Guest Chronus88
Guys, take it easy. It's one thing to report technical problems, it's another thing to play the "let's hate on The Behemoth" game while you're at it. Trust me, they care a ton about their fans, and they really do want to see us happy with their games. They're working on making the game better, so just be patient until then. Sure, they could have kept the game longer and cleaned it up more, but I'm certain there are more than enough people who are happy that it's finally out, and are willing to live with the bugs for now as long as they get to play.

In the end, there were really only two ways for the game to release: early and bugged, or late and perfect. If you'd rather have it late and perfect, then just be patient and wait for them to fix everything up! ;)

That reminds me of the iPhone 4, lol. They released it without due testing, and now there's a class action lawsuit and free cases for everyone. But I do agree that they are a good company. This just better not take 4 months like the first time.

Online didn't work that well with the Xbox when CC was released either. It was patched, and fixed, just like what's going to happen with the PS3. Have some patience.

That reminds me of the iPhone 4, lol. They released it without due testing, and now there's a class action lawsuit and free cases for everyone. But I do agree that they are a good company. This just better not take 4 months like the first time.

It might, but there's no way to know for sure. Like Valve once said, making games is hard. None of us know what it's like, so we shouldn't really have any expectations for how long something should take.

Guest cmrp72684

really?...really? I don't hate on anybody, but to be perfectly honest if you got two years to fix a problem, but instead decide to release the game with the same issues which prevented previous buyers from enjoying it to its full extent is pure ignorance. By the time 4 months comes around like the xbox, Christmas releases will be coming and then i just wiped with $15. I don't hate behemoth as a company because we would not have this sweet game without them, however 2 years is plenty of time to put together a perfect release. It is the exact same game. Since they care so much about us why is there no patch? they should have gone ahead and released a similar patch to the xbox one or at least have it on deck just in case...well, THIS happened. I really hope this gets fixed fast before everyone else finds new stuff to play that i convinced to get this game. bummer.....

really?...really? I don't hate on anybody, but to be perfectly honest if you got two years to fix a problem, but instead decide to release the game with the same issues which prevented previous buyers from enjoying it to its full extent is pure ignorance. By the time 4 months comes around like the xbox, Christmas releases will be coming and then i just wiped with $15. I don't hate behemoth as a company because we would not have this sweet game without them, however 2 years is plenty of time to put together a perfect release. It is the exact same game. Since they care so much about us why is there no patch? they should have gone ahead and released a similar patch to the xbox one or at least have it on deck just in case...well, THIS happened. I really hope this gets fixed fast before everyone else finds new stuff to play that i convinced to get this game. bummer.....

But, once again, you have no idea how long it takes to make a game, even a port to another console. It's not nearly as easy as you might think it is. The PSN version of Castle Crashers doesn't even have the same bugs that the 360 Castle Crashers used to have, so obviously the process must be somewhat different.

2 years for a small company to port a game to a different console while they work on a third game at the same time? Well, first of all, did they start on the port the day after Castle Crashers released? There's no way to know for sure. Second, whether or not you think it's more than enough time doesn't really matter. None of us have any idea just how much work it takes to do something like that, so we shouldn't really be complaining if it takes a long time.

Guest cmrp72684

But, once again, you have no idea how long it takes to make a game, even a port to another console. It's not nearly as easy as you might think it is. The PSN version of Castle Crashers doesn't even have the same bugs that the 360 Castle Crashers used to have, so obviously the process must be somewhat different.

2 years for a small company to port a game to a different console while they work on a third game at the same time? Well, first of all, did they start on the port the day after Castle Crashers released? There's no way to know for sure. Second, whether or not you think it's more than enough time doesn't really matter. None of us have any idea just how much work it takes to do something like that, so we shouldn't really be complaining if it takes a long time.

Whoa, easy there killer. I never said making games is easy nor should it take a short time. Second of all we do know how long it takes to rectify the issue at hand, 4 months for the same issue they had with the other system. So for your best buddies up there at Behemoth it should take little time considering the fact it is a duplicate problem. I know that it takes years and countless hours scrapping ideas they probably worked months on just to go back to the drawing board. All to make sure the consumer is happy. All I am saying is that I understand they are only human, and creating games isn't something that is easily done, but they dropped the ball with the same problem. They should have brought somebody in that could have helped. You did a great job sticking up for them but back to the issue at hand, If plenty of people are having the issue, why is it not being acknowledged and why would they not come out themselves and make a statement they are working on it, because i feel left in the dark on this one. Has anyone heard anything?

Has anyone heard anything?

It's been a few days. One assumes they're looking into it, but then again, like you said, we haven't heard anything. It would be pretty cool if they said "we'll have a patch out to fix this known problem ASAP." I don't think we should all go crazy and assume no one here knows how long it takes to work on a game. Some of us do indeed. They created the game, so they know how it works. They've also fixed this same problem once already, so they should have at least a good idea of how to approach fixing it even on different architecture. Honestly, if the official response for why an online multiplayer game has no online multiplayer is "c'mon guyz, we love Behemoth, be patient for a few months", then people aren't too far out of line talking ripoff talk.

Guest TimmyPage

I and two of my friends have this issue as well, we haven't been able to connect directly to one another via the invites, nor can we see any servers created by each other and as a final nail in the coffin, none of us have been able to connect to any games whatsoever. I almost got into a quick match once but got kicked..

We all have different ISPs, I've been using Bell, a friend of mine is using Rogers and the third one has internet provided by his landlord and doesn't know specifically. Two of us are on a wireless connection and one is on a wired. I and the other one on the wireless both have NAT type 2, and we play plenty of other online games together (MAG, RE5, Red Dead Revolver) and have never encountered an issue connecting to the game, nor one another so I'm fairly sure that it isn't on our side.

On gamefaqs, a quick search reveals 9 or 10 topics on this same subject, or complaining about the online component in general. I'm not sure if this is related but most people who have posted their ISP's so far seem to have Canadian ones, if that's worth looking into.

You did a great job sticking up for them but back to the issue at hand, If plenty of people are having the issue, why is it not being acknowledged and why would they not come out themselves and make a statement they are working on it, because i feel left in the dark on this one. Has anyone heard anything?

I know they're checking on a few of the problems, so it's probably safe to assume they're looking into the bugs.

On gamefaqs, a quick search reveals 9 or 10 topics on this same subject, or complaining about the online component in general. I'm not sure if this is related but most people who have posted their ISP's so far seem to have Canadian ones, if that's worth looking into.

I've noticed this, too. I wonder if there's some kind of region flag somewhere. However, I do have a couple other friends here in Halifax who have been able to connect to and play in online games, so it can't just be a nationwide blackout. Alas, that would be too simple.

Guest TimmyPage

I've noticed this, too. I wonder if there's some kind of region flag somewhere. However, I do have a couple other friends here in Halifax who have been able to connect to and play in online games, so it can't just be a nationwide blackout. Alas, that would be too simple.

They are discriminating against Canadians! I see it now! Not a moose nor hockey reference to be found.. and a whole level based around destroying the innocent denizens of the frozen north. We have to tell someone!

Hold the phone. Im in canada and my online on CC is fine (now) and TB is nice to all countrys, even ones that don't exist.

Guest Chronus88

It's not regional, I live in Virginia, USA -- and a friend of mine in Pennsylvania has the same issues. And weCAN connect to a very limited number of games, 90% are not able to be joined. It seems some people can host/join/invite with no problem, but the vast majority cannot. I don't get it.

Guest Cheese566

Yea im having the same problem!! Me and my two friends canot connect to eachother at all! If one of us hosts and invites the others, it says "game no longer availbe"! We tried for two hours!! This game is really fun and we want to play together, you guys need to fix this ASAP, becasue its really ruining the game.

Guest SlippingAway

Me and my friend's (16 of us) are having the same problem's that Chronus88 Listed. Also checked with a Cyber Cafe out here and there having the same problem.

My settings, Nat 2(Open)

100% connection

7.8MB Download, 5.4 Upload.

It's the games server problem. Not Problems but Behemoth Doesn't seem to think so. Stop being ignorant guys and just fix the problem to your epicly awesome , It's like you never even tested the online. Thanks

Guest BeyondAShadow

Hello everyone!

I'm also experiencing problems with Castle Crashers Online Multiplayer..

I could easily just ditto what everyone else is saying in this thread. For the most part, when I search for any online games, I get no results. Sometimes there will be a game, and when I do join these games, there's an incredibly high ping and it's pretty much unplayable for me. Creating games and using invites also ends up being a fruitless effort for me.

In the end, I got this game FOR the multiplayer. The online factor is a big part of this for me, because I'd really like to play online with my cousin. I'd really like some help resolving this issue..

My network settings are as such currently:

UPnP -- Not Available

NAT Type -- Type 1

If either of these settings are causing the problems, please let me know!

Guest Chronus88

Something interesting... My friend and I could never connect/host/invite before, both using wireless connections. My friend then took her PS3 to our OTHER friend's house who uses a wired connection. From there she can connect/host/invite me with no issues whatsoever. I've also read that placing your PS3 into the DMZ zone of your router fixes these issues too, leading me to believe this is somehow a port issue? Maybe the game is using the wrong ports, if that's even possible. Too bad my router doesn't support DMZ and I'm much too far away to run a Cat5.