Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

The Xbox360, Ps3 debate.

See, that's the problem with both consoles these days.

"OOOOO'! LOOK AT OUR SHINEY HD GRAPHICS! OOOO'! REALISM!" Fail.

Dunno' about you guys, but i'd like to play games on my games console, rather than look at dull, grey, brown sceneries that occasionaly get a lense flare shoved in yer' face and bore you with what they have the nerve to call "gameplay".

But aside from that, personally, i'd rather have a PS3. Better exclusives, free online, doesn't break every ten minutes. But that's just my opinion.

Dunno' about you guys, but i'd like to play games on my games console, rather than look at dull, grey, brown sceneries that occasionaly get a lense flare shoved in yer' face and bore you with what they have the nerve to call "gameplay".

/applaud

I really don't see why people want realistic graphics.

Games like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Conker: Live and Reloaded looks a LOT better than games like Call of Duty. And do you know why? Because they use a cartoony style with bright colors and noticeable contrasts, and everything actually looks different, but at the same time, really, really good.

/applaud

Me neither. It really boggles me. If people want realism, how about they actually go outside and shoot people or hijack a car or pick up prostitutes or whatever the kids are into these days.

Which is why, like you said, whilst games like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker may not look realistic, they can certainly have great graphics. Because graphics does NOT equal realism, which is something most people fail to grasp.

I'd have to say graphics are some of the least important features in a console. Of course, it's very popular among common people, pretty much because it's SO SHINY. It's one of the reasons Avatar was such a huge hype.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like a chunker of a kid with a big bowl of ice cream whenever I see a game with amazing graphics, and it certainly is a beautiful sight for MY EYE SOCKETS. On the other hand, as long as you have an ounce of experience with video games (which doesn't account for most people who play 'games' today), you'd know that graphics shouldn't decide whether you buy a game or not.

/applaud

Games like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Conker: Live and Reloaded looks a LOT better than games like Call of Duty. And do you know why? Because they use a cartoony style with bright colors and noticeable contrasts, and everything actually looks different, but at the same time, really, really good.

I thought that game had excellent graphics, however it just goes to show that graphics do not come first since Live & Reloaded had too many drawbacks from the N64 original. Censorship, huge decrease of difficulty, and multiplayer were all lacking. All it had going for it were the graphics and controls in my opinion.

I got 3 RROD's in a row, Ps3 for me. Left my ps3 on for 2 and a half months, wasn't even hot.

My 360's would get RROD'd after about 2 days of 5hours per day, and it's not "Temperature" because the room it's in is well ventilated at 66degrees farenheit

I'd have to say graphics are some of the least important features in a console. Of course, it's very popular among common people, pretty much because it's SO SHINY. It's one of the reasons Avatar was such a huge hype.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like a chunker of a kid with a big bowl of ice cream whenever I see a game with amazing graphics, and it certainly is a beautiful sight for MY EYE SOCKETS. On the other hand, as long as you have an ounce of experience with video games (which doesn't account for most people who play 'games' today), you'd know that graphics shouldn't decide whether you buy a game or not.

right my bro thinks hey that game doesn't have good graphics it must suck. ive had the ps3 since i was like 3 so graphics dont matter to me just as long as the game is fun and is worth as much as it costs... atleast if im willing to pay for it from that cost

On the graphics note, i think it is a matter of opinion

AND

A matter of the game and what's the purpose of the game, if it is a simulator game (like gta, forza and some other games) they obviously try to imitate and look like real life.

While a game does not need graphics to make it fun, it does need graphics to please some people and/or make the game look as close as the artists' imagination would look or whatever, you know what i mean.

Also we have to remember games are played with both the eyes and the hands.

But i don't judge a game by it's looks either

On the other hand i remember a gba game that was designed for blind people and only worked with sounds, that sounds interesting doesn't it?

Used games the same as piracy? Laughable. Miyamato doesn't half talk some rubbish sometimes! :o

Well, think about it, what's the difference?

I'll tell you the difference, with pirated games, people share their games with others. With used games, GameStop sells their games and takes all the money for themselves.

In all honesty, GameStop's used game policy is even worse than piracy. It's legal and it allows them to make money off game developers' work.

dude with piracy you make a copy of a game where theres more than you originally had only the people who own the right to the game have the rights to make copies but when you sell one game you bought its not wrong kuzz you own the rights to that one indivisual copy no more no less.

I Never really thought about it like that. I started to buy my games online because I could buy a week old game for like $35, $40 bucks. I see how it can hurt the developers but the sad part about it is even if it was illigal, it would'nt stop. There still would be friends buying games off each other and things like that. For an example look at movies. There illigal to copy and yet you can buy the software to burn them in most computer stores, and almost any song you can think of can be found on limewire or torrent websites. It the sad sad truth. :(

(This is really off topic)

how does it hurt the develepers to sell a physical copy of a game you already bought the develepers sell one copy of a game to make the price of one copy they already made the money they didn't sell it for it to be sold again and again for 20 years making 20 times the amount they sold it for

Graphics are nice. Not critical or a must have. Just nice. There like sprinkles on a banana split. They won't make it taste better but they sure are pretty.

Also if anyone thinks that bad graphics = bad game.

Super Smash bros. (N64)

Wolfenstein 3D

Nuff said 8-)

psn exclusives ratchet and clank, 3 games and one on the way (though the new one isn't actually made by insomniac and looks like its gonna suck) resitance 1 and 2 and one on the way, infamous 1 and 2, pain, the sly collection, sports champions, socom 4, resident evil 5, mag, little big planet 1 and 2, eyepet, the shoot, a motion console where friends cant screw with you by saying voice commands like pause online while in heated fps combat, killzone 1, 2 and 3, the shoot, uncharted 1 and 2, heroes on the move (working title) and non-console exclusive what one of the founders of valve said will be the best console version of portal 2

Microsoft should use an absurd mountain of money to buy sony

So i don't have to read any other stupid post related to what's better

Because then nintendo and disney would fight for the rights to buy the new microsoft.

Yech. That would be as bad as the time GameStop bought EB Games.

I miss you, EB. :(

EB was awesome.

I hate Gamestop.

EB was awesome.

I hate Gamestop.

I can't tell the difference....

EB was awesome.

I hate Gamestop.

The EB Games in the mall near me was changed to Gamestop. :cry: