Sign in to follow this  
FEL

What happened?

These forums are dead. It isn't normally fun to come on here and have what was once amusing conversation anymore.

We've lost most of our old, awesome members, and the funny "troll" members were all banned.

We were hoping for CC on the PS3 to bring a wave of new members, but that didn't help.

If you call "only a few new members" "WHOA WHOA A LOT OF MEMBERS JOINING", then I guess it met your expectations.

Not many people joined, and I'm not sure if any of them are staying at all.

Hopefully BBT will be better, but we'll see.

---

What happened?

---

Just thought I'd post a few thoughts. Don't burn me alive for pointing this out.

I think the problem is that CC for ps3 isn't actually a new game.

At the beginning, when CC was released for xbawkz, everything was shiny and people were like "Dude let's crash some castle, dude i need that wep trade it!?!?!?!", the ps3 version offers new stuff but nothing actually "game changing" to my knowledge.

Everything that could be discovered was discovered, the wep locations, and that kind of stuff.

The guys that joined for the ps3 version joined either 1-2 weeks ago or when the game was announced, the ones that joined on the announcement lost their hype, and the guys from 2 week ago are just here for momentary hype.

That's what i think.

I think the problem is that CC for ps3 isn't actually a new game.

At the beginning, when CC was released for xbawkz, everything was shiny and people were like "Dude let's crash some castle, dude i need that wep trade it!?!?!?!", the ps3 version offers new stuff but nothing actually "game changing" to my knowledge.

Everything that could be discovered was discovered, the wep locations, and that kind of stuff.

The guys that joined for the ps3 version joined either 1-2 weeks ago or when the game was announced, the ones that joined on the announcement lost their hype, and the guys from 2 week ago are just here for momentary hype.

That's what i think.

Yeah, I kinda expected it would only be a momentary hype.

But I did expect a bit more than we got.

We just don't seem to like everyone as much as we used to.

If we could just get along and accept everyone's opinion, we'd be fine again.

If everyone avoided flaming/trolling, we can make the community as good as it used to be.

Inviting friends isn't a bad idea either.

You need to accept the fact that only one in a hundred million websites last over 10 years. This is a fact. One in 40 million last longer than 5 years. One in 500,000 last longer than 3 years. This number just goes on.

The Behemoth's forum has been around since mid 2008. It is now late 2010. By logic, probability, and what is seen here, it won't last longer than August 2011.

And no, before you even ask, I'm not trolling.

Some forums are quite cyclical with activity; I'm sure this place will pick up again when BBT is released.

Also, AREN'T THE NEW MEMBERS COULD ENOUGH FOR YOU, FEL!?? :x

EDIT: I obviously meant "good" not could. Heh.

Some forums are quite cyclical with activity; I'm sure this place will pick up again when BBT is released.

Also, AREN'T THE NEW MEMBERS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, FEL!?? :x

Considering we have like 10000 members in total, and more than 5000 joined upon CC for xbox launch, i agree they are not "flooding the forums"

EDIT: I edited the could because it looked funny

I stayed, Fel.

I stayed.

Bleh, thought you meant the ones who came during the prime CC for PS3 hype.

I'd just like to make it clear, if somebody gets banned, it's for a good reason. Yes, there were funny members, but being funny doesn't excuse insulting others. We're one of the friendliest forums around because of it.

The simple fact of the matter is, flaming other members is against the rules. Even though this fact has been made extremely apparent, people continue flaming even now.

I'd rather not squabble on about flaming, so I'll just finish by saying this: before being banned, a user will be warned several, several times. To get banned, you almost have to try.

Anyways, now that I'm done ranting like a crazy old man, I agree. :P The forum needs more awesome users who can spell things correctly and use the search function.

The simple fact of the matter is, flaming other members is against the rules. Even though this fact has been made extremely apparent, people continue flaming even now.

>Keeping in mind that there is no such thing as a forum without an occasional fight.

>Keeping in mind that there is no such thing as a forum without an occasional fight.

They shouldn't go on every day.

I'd just like to make it clear, if somebody gets banned, it's for a good reason. Yes, there were funny members, but being funny doesn't excuse insulting others. We're one of the friendliest forums around because of it.

I'd rather not squabble on about flaming, so I'll just finish by saying this: before being banned, a user will be warned several, several times. To get banned, you almost have to try.

Anyways, now that I'm done ranting like a crazy old man, I agree. :P The forum needs more awesome users who can spell things correctly and use the search function.

I agree with you on this especially the last part. I'm tried of reading "hey guies, i g0tz a new ida for catsle crhers".

These forums used to be all about CC and some games in the OT section. Now we've got forum games, serious town, other games. It's a lot more to get used to for the members who wanted to join to talkl about CC. I'm sure a lot of people end up not getting into the forum the way we do.

I was actually expecting a lot more people from the CC PS3 wave though.

Wow, forums are in shambles ever since I left a year ago.

Anybody remember me? I know I remember boradam, cause he made my siggy and I used to play CoD with him...

Somebody care to clue me in on what happened?

We're also one of the most boring.

Wow, forums are in shambles ever since I left a year ago.

Anybody remember me? I know I remember boradam, cause he made my siggy and I used to play CoD with him...

Somebody care to clue me in on what happened?

Old members got bored and forum suicided.

I think we lost 2 or 3 good members when Zag went and locked the RPT.

1. Wow, forums are in shambles ever since I left a year ago.

2. Anybody remember me? 3. I know I remember boradam, cause he made my siggy and I used to play CoD with him...

4. Somebody care to clue me in on what happened?

1. Yep.

2. Yuss. :)

3. He asked to be banned after acting like an annoying nut for a while.

4. Chirping crickets.

You need to accept the fact that only one in a hundred million websites last over 10 years. This is a fact. One in 40 million last longer than 5 years. One in 500,000 last longer than 3 years. This number just goes on.

Are you kidding?

I'd get your facts straight before making that ridiculous claim.

I can name more than a few communities that lasted more than 10 years

Are you kidding?

Here hoping this site lasts forever!

That way, I can become a grumpy old veteran.

Are you kidding?

Do it, then.

There are no forums which have lasted longer than 10 years. There are a few BBSes and usenet groups, but that is all. There might be 1 or 2 which have escaped my research, but not "more than a few."

Are you kidding?

Do it, then.

There are no forums which have lasted longer than 10 years. There are a few BBSes and usenet groups, but that is all. There might be 1 or 2 which have escaped my research, but not "more than a few."

So you're telling me you went arround, checking each and every forum on the internet for 5 years straight just to make some BS chart?

Or, I compiled analytical data from a dozen or so sources. This same study has been done several times; you can look up the results online.

Or, I compiled analytical data from a dozen or so sources. This same study has been done several times; you can look up the results online.

Clock crew, they lasted since the begining of the new clocks.

-------------------------------

The biggest reason it's dieing is probobly that there is very lack of knowlage about it anywere else. If you know behemoth forums then you wanted to see one of there games or something.