Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

The PS3 / Xbox 360 Difference Compendium

Named fancily to be noticed.

Anyway, the other topic I was reading is a complete mess; one person asked what the differences were and you have to wade through angry fanboy posts to find out who actually answered the original post.

So, without further ado.

The Good

• The Painter Boss has a new drawing; safety scissors.

• Some weapons have had their level limit increased; statistics appear to have remained unchanged.

• There is a new game; Volleyball. It has replaced All You Can Quaff.

• All DLC content is available in-game; you must reach Insane mode and use a couple thousand gold to buy each DLC item. Some content is still unconfirmed, however.

• The Alien character, obtained on the 360 by having Alien Hominid on your console, is unlocked via the UFO level.

• When approaching a weapon that is on the ground, a statistics tooltip, similar to the one seen at the blacksmith, appears on it.

• The loading screen has a fancy new graphic; one of the four knights' magical attacks spinning in a circle.

• Arena has a 2v2 and 1v3 mode now, in addition to the original free-for-all.

• So far, the 256 glitch doesn't work. Can't wait for the 512 glitch to happen.

• There is a new 2x4 weapon, purchasable in the insane mode shop.

• There is a new wooden sword, purchasable in the insane mode shop.

• The pause menu is improved with a new help section, more in depth controller settings, and you can view weapon and animal statistics in a little manual-like section without actually visiting the blacksmith.

• Just because Sony's online is higher speed, there is technically faster online services.

The Bad

• Loading times are slightly longer.

• All You Can Quaff is gone.

• The level selection map has an annoying new border around it.

• The online multiplayer has numerous downsides. You can not have a partially private match; it's either straight public or straight private. You can not be signed on as multiple PSN IDs on the same PS3; it'll use Player 1's ID and put <1>, <2>, <3>, etc. depending on the player slot. Online connections are still capable of multiple names.

Please, if I missed anything, post it here.

Oh, and do keep stupid posts to yourself. I don't want people coming in and saying, "wut dey get free dlc and i payd foar it, daht belongs in da bad secton."

I welcome posts mocking my request to keep stupid posts to yourself.

Unless I never saw it, on the map screen, you can press square to shoot you to the beginning of the game, the castle (or in the game, home).

Also, when you get the treasure chest from defeating a boss, the PS3 version doesn't play the music like the 360 version when you open the chest to collect the treasure!

Also, when you get the treasure chest from defeating a boss, the PS3 version doesn't play the music like the 360 version when you open the chest to collect the treasure!

This is a glitch that is being adressed atm, so hopefully we can hear that delish music again.

Now for Content!

The open helm Grey Knight is unlocked by beating the Catfish.

The King is unlocked by beating Pip the Bat.

The Necromancer is unlocked by beating the Industrialist.

Note: Must be done in Insane mode!

• The loading screen has a fancy new graphic; one of the four knights' magical attacks spinning in a circle.

Wasn't that in the 360 version too? Or is it refined somehow?

Guest The Funky Phantom

The 360 version didn't have support for 1080p (xbox.com says it supports 1080i), the PS3 version does.

The good: at least two new weapons, a level 10 2x4 and a level 6 wooden sword. I'd be very surprised if there weren't more.

Ya there are definitely more weapons! I got the 2x4 or whatever. It was in a shop on Insane Mode.

Named fancily to be noticed.

Anyway, the other topic I was reading is a complete mess; one person asked what the differences were and you have to wade through angry fanboy posts to find out who actually answered the original post.

So, without further ado.

The Good

• The Painter Boss has a new drawing; safety scissors.

• Some weapons have had their level limit increased; statistics appear to have remained unchanged.

• There is a new game; Volleyball. It has replaced All You Can Quaff.

• All DLC content is available in-game; you must reach Insane mode and use a couple thousand gold to buy each DLC item. Some content is still unconfirmed, however.

• The Alien character, obtained on the 360 by having Alien Hominid on your console, is unlocked via the UFO level.

• When approaching a weapon that is on the ground, a statistics tooltip, similar to the one seen at the blacksmith, appears on it.

• Arena has a 2v2 and 1v3 mode now, in addition to the original free-for-all.

• So far, the 256 glitch doesn't work. Can't wait for the 512 glitch to happen.

The Bad

• Loading times are slightly longer.

• All You Can Quaff is gone.

• The level selection map has an annoying new border around it.

Please, if I missed anything, post it here.

Oh, and do keep stupid posts to yourself. I don't want people coming in and saying, "wut dey get free dlc and i payd foar it, daht belongs in da bad secton."

I welcome posts mocking my request to keep stupid posts to yourself.

What is a 512 glitch?And why would you want it?

"Ya there are definitely more weapons! I got the 2x4 or whatever. It was in a shop on Insane Mode."

Beat the game on Normal Mode, then check in the lower left of the home castle before kissing the final princess.

Appended with updates.

Perhaps when this is a bit more full, we can get it stickied. I'd petition it but having a help topic full of /signed is annoying.

Also, the 512 thing is sarcasm. We've gotten rid of one bad glitch, now there's room for one twice as bad.

• 2x4 weapon.

• Wooden sword.

• Much improved pause menu.

• Online multiplayer differences.

Also, the 512 thing is sarcasm. We've gotten rid of one bad glitch, now there's room for one twice as bad.

Yup that's basically how I saw it. Just sarcasm... But if it does happen, will be funny if people start calling it that.

I don't like glitches like that though, just ruins the fun.

Guest Mauzer

So far, there have been three. I know where the 2x4 and Wooden Sword are, but the third I have no idea where it came from. The guy who gave it to me got it from another guy, no questions asked.

(Looks like a bat?)

+2 Def

+2 Spd

Lvl 20

2x4

+2 Str

-3 Mag

+2 Def

Lvl 10

Wooden Sword

+1 Str

+1 Spd

lvl 6

Guest sprites
• You can not be signed on as multiple PSN IDs on the same PS3; it'll use Player 1's ID and put <1>, <2>, <3>, etc. depending on the player slot. Online connections are still capable of multiple names.

that would be a great improvement , as if someone wants to play , he/she won't be able to use one of my characters and will have to start one new one :/

Guest Mauzer

...and now thanks to that tip I'm speed running the whole game with Pazzo.

At least my Fencer is maxed out, saves me lots of time.

So, the last DLC character, the cultist minion, is unlocked after beating the Ice Wizard. (On insane, if you haven't been following my posts.)

Any word on the NG Lollipop yet or the Rubber Handle Sword? Those are the 2 that still have not been mentioned for PS3 appearing yet.

The 2x4 is obtained in the party room at the end of the game, not the insane store.

Right, except now it seems to be magically taken away from the Weapon area. Another glitch it seems.