Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

PSN connectivity issues?

I apologize if this has already been posted; I've searched and haven't found anything yet!

As with a lot of people, I'm unable to set up new games on the PSN for Castle Crashers, but I am able to join others' games without any problem. I have checked to make sure uPnP is enabled on my router, and that all of the ports used by PSN or Castle Crashers are set to open. But for whatever reason, uPnP is always reported as "Not Available" by my PS3, even though (as far as I can tell!) it should be enabled.

Any help would be appreciated!

PS3 model: Original 60GB (backwards compatible)

Connection Type: Cable

Connection Speed: 1.4 Mbps down, 338.5 kbps up

uPnP: Not Available

Router: Wireless / Linksys WRT54G (with the latest firmware)

ISP: Comcast

NAT Type: Type 2

EDIT: Looks like this thread http://www.forums.thebehemoth.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11878&hilit=Comcast has some additional info. I should point out, though, that I'm using my own modem, not one supplied by my ISP.

UPnP is enabled and registers on my PS3; I made sure that all the proper ports were forwarded to exact specifications. My router's DMZ is disabled, or I can't find where to set IP exceptions. My NAT type is registered as Type 2; I'm accessing the network through a wireless router.

And still my friends can't connect to my games via invites. Any ideas? :|

Guest Deadskull392

HELP! I try to connect to castle crashers online but i can't. I have nat type 2 and UPnP enabled on my computer and ps3, but it says un-available on my ps3. If anyone can help me reply.

UPnP is enabled and registers on my PS3; I made sure that all the proper ports were forwarded to exact specifications. My router's DMZ is disabled, or I can't find where to set IP exceptions. My NAT type is registered as Type 2; I'm accessing the network through a wireless router.

And still my friends can't connect to my games via invites. Any ideas? :|

i have no actual idea, but the only thing i could think of is the possibility your friend's settings might be what is keeping them from joining.

it's tough to navigate these now that kelly isn't around.

is a patch coming out for ps3 anytime soon? because this strict connection type thats suppose to work isn't. I have really good connection and i cannot connect to anybody, its only single player now.