Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Dmc (Reboot)

Also also, 'Vergil's Downfall' DLC wrecks Vergil's character even more than DmC's storyline. It's painful to watch.

But it's not the same Vergil, it's alternate universe Vergil, just as Donte is alternate universe Dante.

Out of all the characters though, I thought Vergil was actually pretty well developed in the game aside from the fact that :

If you know literally anything about the original DMC saga then the plot twist of DmC can be seen from a mile away

Vergil's Downfall was really weird though, I'll give you that.

• Upvote 1

But it's not the same Vergil, it's alternate universe Vergil, just as Donte is alternate universe Dante.

Out of all the characters though, I thought Vergil was actually pretty well developed in the game aside from the fact that :

If you know literally anything about the original DMC saga then the plot twist of DmC can be seen from a mile away

Vergil's Downfall was really weird though, I'll give you that.

I at least felt Dante had a little semblance to his original character, though. Vergil doesn't (although he is a pretty believable, fleshed-out character, I agree with you there). Its funny, but I could kind of forgive all his cowardice if... (SPOILERS INBOUND)

The game hadn't thrown that silly last boss in as a way of catering to the franchise. That's literally the only reason for this decision; because he was a 'bad guy' in DMC3. After fighting my way to Mundus and going through all those 'bro' moments with Vergil, I actually started to like the guy. 

And while we're on the subject of the last boss; Kat didn't have enough screen-time or memorable moments for me to agree with Dante's decision at the end of the game. It made sense that in past games he was fighting for humans (even if he didn't want to admit it), since he was half-human himself. Now he's half-angel instead, he shouldn't really have any reason not to take Vergil up on his offer...Kat just doesn't make a very good case for the human race.

But, again, I'm just jabbing at the game's story. After completing Son of Sparda difficulty, I feel I can recommend this to anyone looking to get into the hack and slash genre. It's a great introduction to the DMC series too, giving the player plenty of easy modes to replay until they 'get comfortable' with the game. After that, there are a couple of harder difficulties to test the player ('Dante must Die' and 'Hell and Hell' are kinda' tough).

http://normalboots.com/video/dmc-devil-may-cry/

I feel like this video does a good job of explaining the game's strengths, I agree with most of it aside from his comments on weight distribution.

You should watch more of Satch's videos. He's really good and needs more attention. His Sonic 3 & Knuckles review analysis is amazing.

Edited by Turkey

This is a win-win situation right here. If we get a sequel to DmC, we're likely to get another brilliant game from Ninja Theory. If we get another instalment in the classic DMC series, it's quite likely that Capcom have learned from the few problems that held DMC4 back and we get a better game for it.

If we do get another DMC classic game, I'm hoping for some explanation of Nero's relation to Vergil. There have been rumors for years on this subject, and there was even mention of it in the DMC art book. Not addressing it fully seems like a wasted oppurtunity.  :-P

• Upvote 1