Sign in to follow this  
errVICIOUS

Hawkster > Giraffey

I may be wrong but from just playing Thieves Forest on Insane over and over with different equips its seems I get more EXP in less time with Hawkster than Giraffey.

Yes for every hit your Hawkster does thats exp for you.

Plus!!! She gets you food. :D Just make sure to grab it from her as soon as she gets it so she can go back to pecking the trolls.

I'll Like to thank Iceclops for the very useful information about exp.

I'm ranked 17 now :D

I may be wrong but from just playing Thieves Forest on Insane over and over with different equips its seems I get more EXP in less time with Hawkster than Giraffey.

Yes for every hit your Hawkster does thats exp for you.

Plus!!! She gets you food. :D Just make sure to grab it from her as soon as she gets it so she can go back to pecking the trolls.

I'll Like to thank Iceclops for the very useful information about exp.

I'm ranked 17 now :D

Nope. Hawkster only lets you live longer by grabbing food.

I'm not really sure whether or not Hawkster gives you any EXP per peck, I actually could conduct a few tests to determine if it does, won't really take long..

However, his topic title in my opinion is pretty accurate, Giraffey doesn't add much EXP, the hawkster keeps you alive longer, And off the 130 or so HP I get per fruit I can tank a few more hits which will give a lot more EXP to me when I juggle than just a 10% increase...

Congratulations on Rank 17, good luck on Rank 1.

I'm not really sure whether or not Hawkster gives you any EXP per peck, I actually could conduct a few tests to determine if it does, won't really take long..

However, his topic title in my opinion is pretty accurate, Giraffey doesn't add much EXP, the hawkster keeps you alive longer, And off the 130 or so HP I get per fruit I can tank a few more hits which will give a lot more EXP to me when I juggle than just a 10% increase...

Congratulations on Rank 17, good luck on Rank 1.

I find hawkster to be more useful when you get to the forest on Insane.

Otherwise the extra exp is worth it.

With the giraffe if you make ten hits you get 11 xp instead of 10 xp

With the hawk you get 1 xp per hit he does and food.

Every food item gives you 10% of health except for the chicken leg and the hamburger (which restore 50% of hp)

Also same goes for rammy and any other pet that hits people they give you 1 xp per hit.

With the giraffe if you make ten hits you get 11 xp instead of 10 xp

With the hawk you get 1 xp per hit he does and food.

Every food item gives you 10% of health except for the chicken leg and the hamburger (which restore 50% of hp)

Also same goes for rammy and any other pet that hits people they give you 1 xp per hit.

I still need to see for sure if pets can level you up (I'm going to run around on a level 1 with negative strength weapon knocking down stuff once) and I'll see if Hawkster will give you extra EXP..

Rammy and Bitey wouldn't really make much of a difference since they seldom do hit, and I juggle most of the time anyway.

I still need to see for sure if pets can level you up (I'm going to run around on a level 1 with negative strength weapon knocking down stuff once) and I'll see if Hawkster will give you extra EXP..

Rammy and Bitey wouldn't really make much of a difference since they seldom do hit, and I juggle most of the time anyway.

I have leveled up with rammy while blocking, i know for sure they do give you xp.

However the only one that increases your xp percentage is the giraffe. The othe ones just happen to hit your enemies and you get the points, they don't increase the xp percentage.

Unless they were changed for the ps3 version

I'll check if it changed for PS3 version today when I get home from my scholarly pursuits. However, if they do, Hawkster hits about 4 or 5 times per knockdown, which is better than 1 extra accounted hit every 10.

I'll check if it changed for PS3 version today when I get home from my scholarly pursuits. However, if they do, Hawkster hits about 4 or 5 times per knockdown, which is better than 1 extra accounted hit every 10.

he doesnt affect exp... and this is HIGHLY subjective

boosting off trolls? usually you would just air juggle till they die, so unless you're bad at that hawkster would be better just because he gives you more life

boosting off a boss? none of the bosses you would grind off of can be knocked down like catfish so it wont help you

etc

if youre playing normally... yeah hawkster > all

if youre grinding... odds are you wont have a NEED for someone to attack grounded people, making this/this topic rather pointless o.x unless people are going into insane mode with giraffey...

he doesnt affect exp... and this is HIGHLY subjective

boosting off trolls? usually you would just air juggle till they die, so unless you're bad at that hawkster would be better just because he gives you more life

boosting off a boss? none of the bosses you would grind off of can be knocked down like catfish so it wont help you

etc

if youre playing normally... yeah hawkster > all

if youre grinding... odds are you wont have a NEED for someone to attack grounded people, making this/this topic rather pointless o.x unless people are going into insane mode with giraffey...

You are talking about the PSN version right?

Well in the PSN version furrrrrrrrrrsure Hawkster gives you exp.

How hard is it to test this out? Go to a map, check your stats, write down how much exp you have, select a stage, knock the first guy down with one arrow thats 1 exp then, make sure you are close enough to him so that hawkster can attack, count how many times hawkster attacks, now go back map subtract 1 plus how many times hawkster attacks from the number you wrote down, then finally check you answer and your stats, it should be the same number. ...GAWSH!

Who said anything about boss fighting with Hawkster? :? deeeeedurrrr

EDIT: OH and did you know in mid juggle you can press triangle to knock them down causing hawkster to attack an still be juggling? This is good especially when you have a full strength bar an you want to drop the dead ones. mhmmmmmmm

I think its mutton, although castlepedia says its a drumstick....

MUTTON IS KEWLER

I think its mutton, although castlepedia says its a drumstick....

MUTTON IS KEWLER

It looks like meat on a bone.

*big chin voice* Cause that's manly food!

Guest Shakatu
EDIT: OH and did you know in mid juggle you can press triangle to knock them down causing hawkster to attack an still be juggling? This is good especially when you have a full strength bar an you want to drop the dead ones.

While I will agree Hawkster makes you level up faster than Giraffey, due to the aforementioned reasons, it doesn't seem to peck in the air on the PSN version of the game. This makes it less effective on harder levels, as the enemies will get up quicker, but it's still better than Giraffey even then.

Guest Shakatu

After playing online on Insane, Hawkster is awesome! He was pretty much flying around the screen the whole time pecking people! I'm now in the 70s and working my way up.

lol with you guys talking about the chicken leg you guys are going off topic here -.- so... really we should get back to topic :D

It did get back on topic. Instead of posting off topic about being off topic you could have read the few last posts.

Anyways, I'm rank 2 SON!

Yes, yes, yes, I know

"eww you're #2!"

"Number 2 is first to loose!"

I'm getting there hold your horses.