Sign in to follow this  
SushiGummy

Overrated/Underrated Games

Doukutsu Monogatari is the most underrated game i have played followed by pikmin and Brutal legend

What really grinds my gears is how so many critics said that Brutal Legend's control scheme was bad.

It is not. You just need to get used to it, and its actually really good.

Doukutsu Monogatari is the most underrated game i have played followed by pikmin and Brutal legend

What really grinds my gears is how so many critics said that Brutal Legend's control scheme was bad.

The combat system is kinda confusing at the beginning (defense with B) but that's about it, and it could use more combos.

The combat system is kinda confusing at the beginning (defense with B) but that's about it, and it could use more combos.

I think it just needs a better matchmaking system.

And fix the stupid unstoppable combo.

Earth Defense Force 2017 got pretty low ratings due to the graphics and voice-acting.

Of course, none of that mattered at all, because it was actually fun.

I don't really look at stuff for games I'm not interested in, but I think mag was underrated. Sure the graphics wern't to good but hey, 256 players online, that takes up some data space. And as for people using mw2 because it's not as skill requireing... I haven't played tf2 (I would be allowed to but they say allot of inappropriate stuff right? I mean, you can use a jar of piss as a weapon,lol) but I would say it requires about as much skill, you choose a class depending on your skills or what you want to do, or in capture the flag/intelligence you would choose a runner. Same skill id say

I don't really look at stuff for games I'm not interested in, but I think mag was underrated. Sure the graphics wern't to good but hey, 256 players online, that takes up some data space. And as for people using mw2 because it's not as skill requireing... I haven't played tf2 (I would be allowed to but they say allot of inappropriate stuff right? I mean, you can use a jar of piss as a weapon,lol) but I would say it requires about as much skill, you choose a class depending on your skills or what you want to do, or in capture the flag/intelligence you would choose a runner. Same skill id say

Did you just say TF2 requires the same amount of skill as MW2?

Because if you did you're dead wrong.

I agree, most of my Modern Warfare-addicted friends refuse to play Team Fortress 2 because it's too hard for them. There's no way it's at the same skill level.

Also, tornado, it depends on what you consider 'inappropriate.' The Scout says 'freaking,' the Demoman says 'hell,' and the Engineer says 'dammit' every so often, along with a few minor Australian curses from the Sniper, but even those swears are rare occurrences. They never say the F word, along with most other major swears.

I agree, most of my Modern Warfare-addicted friends refuse to play Team Fortress 2 because it's too hard for them. There's no way it's at the same skill level.

Also, tornado, it depends on what you consider 'inappropriate.' The Scout says 'freaking,' the Demoman says 'hell,' and the Engineer says 'dammit' every so often, along with a few minor Australian curses from the Sniper, but even those curses are rare occurrences. They never say the F word, along with most other major swears.

The most inappropriate things in that game are what people are naming their weapons with their name tags.

Earth Defense Force 2017 got pretty low ratings due to the graphics and voice-acting.

Of course, none of that mattered at all, because it was actually fun.

I played this, it's a great game if you're playing co-op.

Killing giant spiders, ants and a ripoff of mecha-godzilla with rocket launchers that fire like Machine guns, Good times.

Too bad whenever I try to show it to anyone they scream

"WHY DO THE GRAPHICS AND VOICE ACTING SUCK!?"

They don't even give it a chance, then go back to playing Medal of Duty: Reach.

Actually, as the hugest Paper Mario fan in the universe, I'd have to agree that Paper Mario is somewhat underrated. Not by the fans, though. By Nintendo. The first two games were absolutely loved and well-known. Nintendo, for some reason, thought the series wasn't all that important or loved. That's one of the reasons they decided to switch everything around for Super Paper Mario. Of course, the sales for Super Paper Mario, along with the ratings, turned out to be significantly lower than those of the first two Paper Mario games. That's why they're bringing back the battle system for the upcoming 3DS Paper Mario game.

Nintendo still underestimates just how famous Paper Mario is, though. Why wasn't Paper Mario a character for Brawl? If you check the predictions online, almost everybody wanted him, even more than that bad excuse for a character we like to call Sonic. Also, look at E3, Paper Mario 3DS wasn't even mentioned in the entire conference, yet according to the polls on Nintendo Power, Paper Mario 3DS has been the most anticipated 3DS game since it was announced.

So, yes, Paper Mario is underrated, but only by Nintendo.

I Had NO idea that Paper Mario 3DS was coming! I loved all three! Thousand Year Door was the best, followed by the origional, the SUPER. They are REALLY underapreciated, but not underrated. No one says It is any better/worse than It really is, just not too many people play it. TTYD was my favorite Game on the gamecube :D So new Paper Mario, Eh? SSomeone should make a new thread.......

<.<

>.>

My bro said they say really inappropriate stuff in the game. Must of only seen the trailers.

Yeah, the trailers are a bit stronger when it comes to language. Like Babbity said, when it comes to bad words in Team Fortress 2, all you really have to worry about are the people playing it. That applies to most online games, though.

My bro said they say really inappropriate stuff in the game. Must of only seen the trailers.

Yeah, the trailers are a bit stronger when it comes to language. Like Babbity said, when it comes to bad words in Team Fortress 2, all you really have to worry about are the people playing it. That applies to most online games, though.

There's always the option of muting the players!

I Had NO idea that Paper Mario 3DS was coming! I loved all three! Thousand Year Door was the best, followed by the origional, the SUPER. They are REALLY underapreciated, but not underrated. No one says It is any better/worse than It really is, just not too many people play it. TTYD was my favorite Game on the gamecube :D So new Paper Mario, Eh? SSomeone should make a new thread.......

<.<

>.>

Here are some screenshots for you:

http://www.thekoalition.com/paper-mario-3ds-screenshots

And if I remember right, there's already a thread for Mario RPGs, which should be good enough.

An underrated game in my opinion is Alien Hominid.

Sure, it got good reviews, but I found it to be better than Castle Crashers.

A lot of people seemed to buy it just to get the Alien character in CC and never played it because it was "too hard."

Games should be a challenge. A game isn't very fun if you can breeze through it with no difficulty at all.

Not to mention that the game has difficulty settings.

It always bugged me that the snipers in MW2 didn't even have to aim for the head for them to be dead.

An underrated game in my opinion is Alien Hominid.

Sure, it got good reviews, but I found it to be better than Castle Crashers.

A lot of people seemed to buy it just to get the Alien character in CC and never played it because it was "too hard."

Games should be a challenge. A game isn't very fun if you can breeze through it with no difficulty at all.

Not to mention that the game has difficulty settings.

Ugh. Yes. This kills me inside. I can understand if Alien Hominid isn't somebody's choice of game, but it's not nearly what I would call a bad game (which some people have). Then there are the people who complain that they have to buy it to get the Alien character for Castle Crashers. Alien Hominid's a fantastic game, and I personally like it more than Castle Crashers. Not that I don't love Castle Crashers to death.

Oh, and I beat it without any trouble when I was twelve. TWELVE. It really isn't that hard.

It always bugged me that the snipers in MW2 didn't even have to aim for the head for them to be dead.

Dude, mabey offline, but online I requires a headshot. ( but I think in realife one shot in the chest COULD kill a person, I mean the record for longest sniper kill (in real life) is about 2 miles (they have to account for wind and drop due to gravity, and how could he see him?) and if a headshot from that distance can kill someone I think a chest shot from a mw2 distance can kill someone)

I ink that most people( in the us, at least) don't even know about a game called mother. I believe it is called earth bound in English. It really is a good game with a great story line and game play.

I ink that most people( in the us, at least) don't even know about a game called mother. I believe it is called earth bound in English. It really is a good game with a great story line and game play.

You'd be surprised. Most gamers are at least aware of the game, and it has a huge fanbase, constantly pleading Nintendo to either make a port, remake, or sequel.

Super Smash Bros was somewhat the reason it became so well known here.

The three Mother games are known as Mother/Earthbound Zero (NES), Mother 2/Earthbound (SNES, the only Mother game released in the US), and Mother 3 (SNES).

Mother 2/Earthbound was the one with Ness, Mother 3 was the one with Lucas.

Well I know that this will make atleast someone mad at me but castle crashers is a bit overrated. Now look its a really fun game but did you ever look at any other beat em up game without someone saying "Omg this is a rip of castle crashers" One of my friends even said that the simpsons arcade game is a rip of castle crashers. Now I admit its good in everything but the EXTREAM BEST GAME THAT EVERY OTHER GAME LIKE IT COPIES isnt castle crashers. Its nothing. Well I hope that some of you atleast get my point and dont flame me and say im a horrible person.

Well I know that this will make atleast someone mad at me but castle crashers is a bit overrated. Now look its a really fun game but did you ever look at any other beat em up game without someone saying "Omg this is a rip of castle crashers" One of my friends even said that the simpsons arcade game is a rip of castle crashers. Now I admit its good in everything but the EXTREAM BEST GAME THAT EVERY OTHER GAME LIKE IT COPIES isnt castle crashers. Its nothing. Well I hope that some of you atleast get my point and dont flame me and say im a horrible person.

To be honest, while I'm not saying every single beat 'em up game in the world is trying to rip off Castle Crashers (which some people like to believe), I do think it helped set the standard for some of the newer ones.

Rip-off games are rarely a problem, though. Generally, when a game company can't even come up with their own ideas, it normally means they can't make a good game, either. This frequently results in a game that won't sell.

I don't think Castle Crashers being overrated is the reason for this, though.

Dude just cuzz a game has a seemingly endless hord of baddies trying to kill ya in a beat Em up fashion doesn't make it "kinda like cc" it's the genre, most beat em' ups are very similar, but cc is the best one I played.

Dude just cuzz a game has a seemingly endless hord of baddies trying to kill ya in a beat Em up fashion doesn't make it "kinda like cc"

:| Nobody said anything like that.

I agree, because the style of most beat'emups I have played are all kinda like CC.

Most beat-em-ups are similar to each other. I played a whole bunch of them.

You'd be surprised. Most gamers are at least aware of the game, and it has a huge fanbase, constantly pleading Nintendo to either make a port, remake, or sequel.

Super Smash Bros was somewhat the reason it became so well known here.

The three Mother games are known as Mother/Earthbound Zero (NES), Mother 2/Earthbound (SNES, the only Mother game released in the US), and Mother 3 (SNES).

Mother 2/Earthbound was the one with Ness, Mother 3 was the one with Lucas.

This is actually true. It has a pretty big fanbase, and most people are aware of it.