Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Juggling, is it fair?

Here's a thought. How far can you go in Insane Mode without juggling?

Ha, I can do the whole thing, whether it be a solo or a co-op playthrough.

I would only need the Industrialist, Red Knight, or Blue Knight with full magic and strength to beat it without juggling. The only exception would be the Necromancer boss, as NO ONE has ever beaten him solo/without juggling.

I could beat insane necromancer boss without juggling if you allow flying. bomb magic and spellweaving all day.

The beefies would catch you in mid-air if you did that. :P

Or would they?? O.o

Yes they would. Anyways, we are getting off topic. Let's get back on topic.

I actually responded to that, but my internet failed. Yes the beefies can catch you while spellweaving but proper manuevering and spacing can let you avoid them and/or make sure it is the bear or barbarian beefy that catches you; as they do little to no damage.

That is how I actually solo'd necromancer, but with juggling on the first wave and on some of the light and midweights on the second wave. It would be entirely possible to do without juggling. Would it take a really long time and probably several tries? Yes, but entirely doable.

The issue then lies in what other exploits you need to use to succeed, and is using those more fair than juggling? Particularly in story mode, I would say no. The only thing that seemed unfair to me in story was the 256 glitch, and that has been resolved.

Yes they would. Anyways, we are getting off topic. Let's get back on topic.

You mixed up our quotes. Just saying, haha. :lol:

I actually responded to that, but my internet failed. Yes the beefies can catch you while spellweaving but proper manuevering and spacing can let you avoid them and/or make sure it is the bear or barbarian beefy that catches you; as they do little to no damage.

That is how I actually solo'd necromancer, but with juggling on the first wave and on some of the light and midweights on the second wave. It would be entirely possible to do without juggling. Would it take a really long time and probably several tries? Yes, but entirely doable.

The issue then lies in what other exploits you need to use to succeed, and is using those more fair than juggling? Particularly in story mode, I would say no. The only thing that seemed unfair to me in story was the 256 glitch, and that has been resolved.

Yea, I have to agree that 256 was both a game-ruiner and involved no skill.

Anyway, On Topic Mode is [ON]...

Juggling isn't at all cheap. Some people may see it that way but that's because they can't do it as well as their competition. They just jelly. :P

Here's a thought. How far can you go in Insane Mode without juggling?

Ha, I can do the whole thing, whether it be a solo or a co-op playthrough.

I would only need the Industrialist, Red Knight, or Blue Knight with full magic and strength to beat it without juggling. The only exception would be the Necromancer boss, as NO ONE has ever beaten him solo/without juggling.

it can be done with high agility staying in the top left corner of the screen with rammy as an orb. I won't go into any more details but an old friend of mine who used to play insane mode with me knows what im talking about.

I'm for juggling, but no matter what, there will always be a strategy that is most efficient, and there will always be some who criticize it.

its only unfair when you get beat by a juggler is all.i remember when the game was new,before juggling took off (pun intended) it was "unfair" to use the Red Knight...how people used to whine....

It kind of surprises me that this is even being debated. Let's start with the basics. Is it fair? Of course. Every person who plays the game has the "ability" to juggle, it's just a matter of whether or not they actually know how to do it. Juggling doesn't require a special controller to do. It doesn't require any mods or hacks. It's something that is possible through normal gameplay, thus rendering it a fair tactic.

Moving on from there, could juggling be considered "cheap?" Not really. Juggling requires a lot of skill, and typically something that is considered to be "cheap" does not.

Juggling, IMO, adds something very important to CC. It adds a skill gap. For anyone here who plays games competitively, you know that a high skill gap is incredibly important. Skill gap, for those of you who don't know, is the difference of "skill" between the worst players and the best players. Games like CC have a HUGE skill gap because of juggling. A new player has basically no chance of beating a player who can juggle well. That, from the eyes of a competitive gamer, is a good thing.

However, I'll admit that juggling hurts the CC multiplayer community. New players don't want to play a game where they get dominated without a fight. Honestly, the arena would be better if there was no juggling because more people would play. That being said, I personally enjoy juggling because it widens the skill gap.

Still can't see a good point against this...

Guest alessandro

Juggling. Is it fair? In the campaign vs AI?

Yeah sure.

Just that it became such an easy way out, that in recent patches they've added more backpacks to enemies, making them impossible to juggle because they fall too fast.

In arena mode? Its crap.

This isn't a true blood fighting game. P v P will always fail because you can clearly see that the characters are not balanced around it. Combat in the game is fun, but stale in a way. There are "combos" but mostly it holds true to its button masher style. Vs other players, games usually turn into a dodge fest as players try to eke out a move chain, and not get hit by their opponents.

Juggling makes the already mostly dull P v P into a contest of who endless juggles who first. I can't believe people are calling an endless aerial combo that involves mashing X and Y skillful. If done correctly, which isn't hard to do, you can end the fight without taking any damage.

Fun.

But I digress, Castle Crashers isn't made for P v P arena fighting. Hell, its hardly even made for online. The best way to play it is on the couch with a few of your buds.

So, I don't think its unfair, I think its bad design and a easy way out of actually fighting and using different combos and shield blocks. It makes P v P arena matches bland, not to mention anti-fun for the person getting juggled, and I assume the juggler as well.

I agree with alessandro, juggling does require practice. As i am getting better but i see no problem with it against AI's, because your still killing them right doesnt matter how you stilll win. In the arena, not so much.It can be fair but some times VERY unbalanced (*Arena 1 juggle=Insta Win*)(Unless your me :D)

I agree with alessandro, juggling does require practice. As i am getting better but i see no problem with it against AI's, because your still killing them right doesnt matter how you stilll win. In the arena, not so much.It can be fair but some times VERY unbalanced (*Arena 1 juggle=Insta Win*)(Unless your me :D)

Um... No one can be killed in a single juggle.

Unless you hit a ton of crits or do a naughty invincibility glitch.

Don't even mention that glitch on here. It is shameful if you ever use that glitch, UNLESS you aren't in a serious game with a few friends. Do us all a favor and don't tell anyone how to do the glitch. :|

Don't even mention that glitch on here. It is shameful if you ever use that glitch, UNLESS you aren't in a serious game with a few friends. Do us all a favor and don't tell anyone how to do the glitch. :|

Well of course I won't tell anyone, or use it when not with friends.

If you still think I shouldn't talk about it, noted. ;)

Well of course I won't tell anyone, or use it when not with friends.

If you still think I shouldn't talk about it, noted. ;)

That's good to hear. :)

thats funny all the top 20 players usually do it

Do you mean the unflinchable glitch?

Yep, but technically, you're invincible whilst performing it. :|

The two "top" players I've played so far (Its alfie / Web show) don't do the glitch. Maybe Web show didn't do it because he chose Quickdraw instead of Melee. :P

Currently 16-0 in XBLA Arena, but I haven't played it in 3 weeks. :D

I whole-heartedly say that juggling is fair. Everyone can learn how to juggle. But let's not forget that important ground fight that goes on before hand. There is a very hard battle at the beginning of each game that must be fought for either of the players to begin juggling.

My GT is Illuminant

I have two others I might play as though: Ghastliest & Mr Samurai Guy

Anyway, its alfie is my friend on XBL, and I play against him once in a while.

He told me that I can disclose this info: During matches, he will sit at the bottom screen, shield up, to learn your style of playing. And how you will attack. He admits to being a ground fighter.

I will be making an Arena guide soon, as I have told Forgotten. There are different types of juggles... Such as Lydonious' "slow juggle" as I have begun to call it.

Juggling is only a broad description of a tactic. *I went from whatever the standard worldwide rank for about 44 lifetime points to #313 worldwide in about 2 months.

I would like to hear of this glitch though, I'm gussing toxic uses it? Message Illuminant.

Uh..no.

I've never done it and I never saw any of the other top guys do it. The only lame dudes in the top 20 are the first 3 on the leader boards.

Uh..no.

I've never done it and I never saw any of the other top guys do it. The only lame dudes in the top 20 are the first 3 on the leader boards.

Only time i have seen that is in a player match with a friend.