Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Juggling, is it fair?

If you call it unfair you just cant take the heat.

And once again, that's not true at all. I can juggle, I could juggle the heck out of people if I wanted to. It gets too much in the way of arena battles, and I just don't find it any fun.

Imagine playing Brawl, except when somebody gets a smash ball, they automatically win. That's pretty much what juggling is like.

Bad analogy.

Getting caught in a juggle isn't automatic loss. There are several ways to avoid being juggled and it'll take more than one to lose. Like I said before, if you automatically lose because you are juggled then learn to do defend better.

If you call it unfair you just cant take the heat.

And once again, that's not true at all. I can juggle, I could juggle the heck out of people if I wanted to. It gets too much in the way of arena battles, and I just don't find it any fun.

Imagine playing Brawl, except when somebody gets a smash ball, they automatically win. That's pretty much what juggling is like.

and you can get a smash ball almost whenever you want.

Bad analogy.

Getting caught in a juggle isn't automatic loss. There are several ways to avoid being juggled and it'll take more than one to lose. Like I said before, if you automatically lose because you are juggled then learn to do defend better.

Egh. I had a nice huge post written, but it's gone now. I still think it's a completely unfairly advantaged attack, and gets in the way of the real fight I want to have (because when I imagine a fight, I imagine magic, arrows, and crazy combos flying all over the place, not one character trapping another character in the same little combo in the air over and over). It's pretty much gotten to the point where you can't win a battle unless you juggle, which simply doesn't feel right to me. In Castle Crashers, you have access to a whole mess of attacks, skills, and strategies, it shouldn't all be dependent upon one combo, which it obviously is. I don't see the use of continuing with this little debate anymore, as it's always going to come back to you telling me that I only hate juggling because 'I'm bad at it.'

Point is the smash ball is completely dependent on luck. You might as well compare juggling to getting a bullet bill in Mario Kart. Neither of those take any effort to do which is quite contrary to juggling people.

Not really. I'm almost always winning in Brawl, and I get Smash Balls frequently. You just have to go after it, throw a bunch of stuff at it, and beat up anybody who gets in your way. I'd hardly consider it luck.

Same with the Bullet Bill. While it's not particularly an item I know or care about (since I'm always in first), I do know that you can only get it if you're in last. And I wouldn't consider being in last place 'lucky.'

I haven't played Mario Kart in a long time but I remember the competitive community hated the fact that items were always on and would sometimes resort to adding a bunch of players to the match who wouldn't play so that the items didn't screw over the guy who was leading the whole time. If you were in last place then the game basically said, "Aww, it's not fun that you suck and your friends are better than you. Here you go, a free trip to 3rd place."

Generally, the Bullet Bill only takes you to about 6th or 7th place, at best. Normally the item that's most complained about is the Blue Shell, which blows the heck out of first place, and could ruin the race for them if they get one right before they're about to finish. And, to be honest, I don't hate the Blue Shell, but I don't think it should be allowed once first place starts the third lap.

. The items are there for fun, i mean, would mario cart be anything without the items? the items like bullet bill and blue shell keep you on your toes, and the smash ball in brawl gives you something to work at, beat everyone in your path to get to it.

In my opinion, I think juggling is not fair at all.(In arena that is.)

Juggling creates a steep learning curve. Imagine you just bought Castle Crashers and you see the achievement/trophy "Arena Master". So, this new person starts to play arena. He or she then ends up meeting a juggler and is killed before he/she was able to do anything at all. No room for learning or having fun.

Juggling is also unfair because once someone knows how to juggle, they probably also know how to continue the juggle. So, as soon as you hit the ground, they hit you right back up again with a "Magic Jump". This leads to a win that you were not able to stop.

However, juggling is very easy to pick up. While playing a couple of arena matches with new players, they started to juggle on their own. First starting by simply pressing the light-attack button in the air repeatedly. Soon, they were mixing it up with heavy-attacks too to create decent juggles.

I juggle but, if I'm playing arena with people I know cannot juggle then I also don't juggle. This way the fight is on even grounds.

Guest ehsu

Juggling is part of the game. It is not achieved by hacking or cheating. It is just one of the ways to win in the arena. And it happens to be the most efficient one, too.

No doubt it can be frustrating to fight against very skillful jugglers. And since juggling is here to stay, so your options are:

- surrender, don't bother trying fighting back in arena

- go play other games that you can own newbs

- keep playing to get better at juggling/counter juggling, and beat them

I'll take the last option, thanks.

There's nothing wrong with Juggling... But because it does feel cheep, I much prefer to fight without it. I mean, I'll start a juggle but I'll only carry it on for as long as your average combo, unless it's added on to the end of a normal combo, then I'll just add on a couple of hits and slap 'em down before stopping and heading into some magic attacks.

Basically, it is okay but it's less respectable and generally less fun. It's like these crazy people with Brawl that look for every minor glitch, such as snakes dash into A+Up, making him slide across, causing the hit box to slide and giving the move horizontal range. Or Wavedashing in Melee. Yeah, it's there and you can have fun exploiting it, I won't judge but I find it more fun (and the fights just look way cooler in both games) when you play it how it was intended, as opposed to utilizing weird/accidental glitches that were incorporated in the game.

The cheapest part of it, I think, is the fact that you can't escape a juggle at all once you're in it. This, combined with the fact that you can insta-juggle a fallen opponent just by timing it correctly, usually makes game a test to see who can land the first juggle.

I've done my fair share of juggling, but I still think there should be some way to "break" them and recover. Noting that it wasn't an intentional feature of the game, it's understandable that there's not, though.

The cheapest part of it, I think, is the fact that you can't escape a juggle at all once you're in it.

For those of you that think it's unfair, why don't you talk to Behemoth about putting a Parry/Counter Attack feature in the game or whatever? Or just juggle and use the block button more?

Guest necromancer566

Uhhh I totally think that it is fair. I am #57 in the Castle Crasher Arena, and thats what I use. If people don't like it, then they don't play. Come on people, let the top 50 be.

Guest necromancer566
To me juggling is what makes the game fun. Its not cheap but can be unfair at times. But as ehsu said you have those 3 options its up to you to pick. I am the type of guy that would kill you in two juggles so if you see me on watch out ;)
This is xI pwn Tacosx sup man

To me juggling is what makes the game fun. Its not cheap but can be unfair at times. But as ehsu said you have those 3 options its up to you to pick. I am the type of guy that would kill you in two juggles so if you see me on watch out ;)
great job madbest....im good but not as good as you hahahahah nice to see you here

great job madbest....im good but not as good as you hahahahah nice to see you here

Wait a minute, is this a double account? Will this be like the Tinman or Cup?

No...i made a new account right when i came back on here....hahahahh my old one sucked

Dude, how did you know about tinman, and cup? How did you know I'm Ryuken104? Are you a spy?

Dude, how did you know about tinman, and cup? How did you know I'm Ryuken104? Are you a spy?

It's a conspiracy I tells ya! :x The Mods are watching us!

Anyways, nobody here's a spy, no need to worry. ;) Let's get back on topic.

It's a conspiracy I tells ya! :x The Mods are watching us!

Anyways, nobody here's a spy, no need to worry. ;) Let's get back on topic.

lol...mods..

A fallen opponent can insta-juggle a person whose standing on top of them too. The timing is the same for everyone. The juggler didn't checkmate you the second you got in the air.

The problem is, that's normally how it turns out regardless. I find it much harder to start a juggle on someone standing on top of me than the inverse situation. More often, it just blows both of us backwards from the R+A attacks hitting each other.

The only difference is that jugglers have usually done what they do best thousands of times so the timing on the fall can seem almost second nature to most of them.

I know. I'm FlabCaptain. :D

Ha hey flap and tacos i think you all know im madbest. Cool to see you on here and supporting the truth about how juggling is fair. Most people on this site think its not and its good that all we pros stand together and spell out the truth :)

Hey now, just because we can play the game without using the insta-win combo doesn't mean we're not pros. Really now, how far can you get in Insane Mode without juggling?

Hey now, just because we can play the game without using the insta-win combo doesn't mean we're not pros. Really now, how far can you get in Insane Mode without juggling?

I tried not to sound too condescending in most of my posts so I hope you guys don't get that idea. But anyway, I don't see your point by bringing up the insane mode thing. It doesn't take more skill to replace juggling with arrows since that's undoubtedly the next most proficient strategy. Really, both tactics seem to be able to destroy everything and the only real difference is how much longer it takes to do it. You can play insane however you want but I think that juggling is definitely more enjoyable. Sitting in a corner and pressing the B button is even more an unfair insta-win strategy than juggling could ever be, you can't deny that.

And whoa, there's way more people I know here than I thought.

No arrows either. I'm not talking about any particular tactic, I mean using tons of different combos and magic. Not relying on one particular attack.

No arrows either. I'm not talking about any particular tactic, I mean using tons of different combos and magic. Not relying on one particular attack.

Well, that honestly sounds like the least efficient thing you could do when playing this game. Like I said before, you can play however you want to but having absolutely no strategy planned out ever seems like a pretty stupid idea. Not to mention it's the most time consuming way to do things. If you have the option to do something that would make the game simpler and faster then why wouldn't you do it? Do you really find it more fun to just do every random attack that pops into your head?

Juggling isn't really a strategy as much as it is a pattern. Plus, some games come with an easy mode, do you pick easy mode because it's simpler and faster? Juggling is too easy and too boring for me, it feels more like a time waster and takes the fun out of the game, in my opinion.

And just because I don't repeat one attack over and over doesn't mean I do every random attack that pops into my head. If I'm crowded by enemies, I use a magic jump. If there are a load of enemies in front of me, I use the Y/Triangle magic attack to freeze them and use the spin-combo. If there's one enemy on my right and one on my left, I take turns hitting them. If they're far away, I shoot a couple arrows and ice chunks to freeze them up so that I can approach and attack them. To put it simply, I don't rely on one particular attack, and I don't just mash random buttons either. Once you take the variety out of a video game, it may as well be another monotonous WWII first person shooter.

That being said, I'm not sure why you brought up story mode anyway. What you do in story mode doesn't affect anyone but the player so it could hardly be considered "unfair".

Then why hasn't anyone answered my question yet? How far could you get in Insane Mode without relying on one attack?

My argument here isn't really "juggling is unfair" as much as it is "juggling is the over-powered easy way out."